Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-07-2018, 04:58 PM   #211
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Again...find one case on this board where I accuse Trump of calling the free press "enemies of the state"....whether passive-aggressively, or otherwise. Yes...the press says a lot of "fake" things. But...so does Trump. Calling someone "fake" doesn't make the accuser "real"...not by a longshot. The press is "fake"...and so is Trump. IMO...it's all a freaking charade...at the citizens' expense.
Never said you did.
I was only replying to this - a condescending reply to MrgieRose.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2826.jpg (39.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 09-07-2018, 05:11 PM   #212
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Never said you did.
MargieRose should be no stranger to such "condescending" replies; she has made plenty of them here herself. If she can't stand the heat...then she should stay out of the kitchen.

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-07-2018 at 05:15 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2018, 05:13 PM   #213
thaskalos

We said that we are going to be more CIVIL. We didn't say anything about becoming WIMPS!
Old 09-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #214
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
MargieRose should be no stranger to condescending replies; she has made plenty of them here herself. If she can't stand the heat...then she should stay out of the kitchen.
I must have missed Margie's "condescending posts"....Please bring me up to speed on her "antics", Thaskalos.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2018, 05:22 PM   #215
davew

Quote:
Never said you did.
I don't think that is a condescending reply, just an admission of a mistake and realization of the truth.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2018, 05:25 PM   #216
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
MargieRose should be no stranger to such "condescending" replies; she has made plenty of them here herself. If she can't stand the heat...then she should stay out of the kitchen.
I wasn't addressing her, I was addressing you.
Same advice applies to you.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:27 PM   #217
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
I must have missed Margie's "condescending posts"....Please bring me up to speed on her "antics", Thaskalos.
Where was MY "condescending" post? I put the word in quotation marks because I don't see where it applies. She said that I was wrong...without telling me WHERE I was wrong. And I sarcastically replied that I am wrong...and she is always right. Is "sarcasm" now disallowed too here? Because, if it is...then BOTH of us are out of business.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #218
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I don't think that is a condescending reply, just an admission of a mistake and realization of the truth.
See? SARCASM! Is anything WRONG with that?
Old 09-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #219
thaskalos

Quote:
I wasn't addressing her, I was addressing you.
Same advice applies to you.
Funny. You took her side when she said that I somehow implied that Trump had called the press "the enemy of the people"...when the truth is that I never said any such thing. And now you tell me that you are addressing me.

Of all the people on this board...YOU are the one accusing others of submitting "condescending posts".

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-07-2018 at 05:35 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #220
hcap

Quote:
Well, in this case, yes.
He never said the free press was the enemy, no matter how passively aggressive you state it. Perfect example of what he was talking about. Thanks for playing.
https://variety.com/2018/politics/ne...ia-1202844311/

Trump’s characterization of “fake news” as the country’s “biggest enemy” is similar to his description of the media as the “enemy of the American people.” The latter came in a tweet that he sent on Feb. 17, when he wrote that “The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!” Some Republicans on Capitol Hill criticized the tweet, and news organizations and First Amendment groups pushed back in response.

So what remains Faux and Breitbart?
From Forbes a discussion of what constitutes a free press. Guess what all the news sites Trump called Fake are listed

https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#4d630db3e9b5

One key question for any publication is this: If a reporter gets facts in a story wrong, will the news outlet investigate a complaint and publish a correction? Does the publication have its own code of ethics? Or does it subscribe to and endorse the Society of Professional Journalist's code of ethics? And if a reporter or editor seriously violates ethical codes - such as being a blatant or serial plagiarizer, fabulist or exaggerator - will they be fired at a given news outlet? While some may criticize mainstream media outlets for a variety of sins, top outlets such as the Washington Post, the New York Times, NBC News and the New Republic have fired journalists for such ethics violations. That is remarkable in a world where some celebrities, politicians and other realms of media (other than news... such as Hollywood films "based on a true story") can spread falsehood with impunity.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2018, 05:44 PM   #221
hcap

The accusation that what has been the "free press" for decades, now according to Sarah Palin's children is now all fake, is utter bullshit, and Chumpy is your fat orange Cheerleader

And youse guys lap it up willingly
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2018, 06:03 PM   #222
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The accusation that what has been the "free press" for decades, now according to Sarah Palin's children is now all fake, is utter bullshit, and Chumpy is your fat orange Cheerleader

youse guys keep repeating the lies you hear from your leaders and the media ..... BUT, it is only a matter of time
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #223
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

The press covered up FDR's wheelchair.
They covered up JFK's cheating and drug use.
Don't the American people have the right to know that their potus is an out of control druggie? And that all that lover-dover Camelot stuff was a lie - the prez was dickie-duncan like a young Billy Clinton.

I'd say their has been a history of less than the truth.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:25 PM   #224
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:

Fat shaming?

What's next?

Admit your party and candidate lost the election and then maybe we can talk.

Last edited by Buckeye; 09-07-2018 at 06:27 PM. Reason: No more Name Calling
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2018, 06:38 PM   #225
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Who's the "threat to democracy now?"

What a joke.

You could try and replace the electorate-- and that way, you win!

Just trying to help.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply