Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 12-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #226
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Jim, I tried your link - it still takes me to a race coming up instead of the Classic.
I did find it funny - and it goes to the intelligence of the those idiots who run TS - the first screen I get to says WELCOME, please sign in using the form on the left.......and the form is on the RIGHT! Morons!

Apparently, selecting a preference is only for the current session.
Maybe TS will hire some high school kid to clean up their incompetent programming that is not capable of setting a preference that works.

Last edited by Tom; 12-11-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 08:16 PM   #227
mikesal57
Veteran

This is the best part.....

It asks you what your "preference" is.....

Turned it on....select "Classic"

Guess where it goes when you log in again.....

You got it.....CRAP

So what does it remember?

I know...That we are axxholes...for coming back

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (29.4 KB, 6 views)
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #228
JimG

My workaround was for people that did not have that option Mike. You are evidently a vip member, so my post was not directed to you. I was trying to help, and caused confusion. No good deed goes unpunished.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #229
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Mike, As I stated earlier:

1) Sign into the crappy site first.

2) After you are signed in, then go directly to one of the 2 links.

3)As I stated, it is a workaround. You will have to do this each time you sign in.
OOOOOO...so sorry...I thought it was a DIRECT Link that we can bookmark...

See what TS is doing to me....making me do stupid things too

I WAS a VIP?????

What does it say for me....

Now I'm taking my $20 and going
elsewhere..

Last edited by mikesal57; 12-11-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #230
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Jim, I tried your link - it still takes me to a race coming up instead of the Classic.
I did find it funny - and it goes to the intelligence of the those idiots who run TS - the first screen I get to says WELCOME, please sign in using the form on the left.......and the form is on the RIGHT! Morons!

Apparently, selecting a preference is only for the current session.
Maybe TS will hire some high school kid to clean up their incompetent programming that is not capable of setting a preference that works.
Tom,

My workaround was for those of us that do not even have the preference. I have no idea how it works for VIP members with that preference.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #231
098poi

I have the option and am surprised I am a VIP. My current balance is $.80 and when I do deposit it is $100 at a time usually with a gap of a month or more between. I had a YouBet account for a long time and maybe that carried over. Don't tell them though! I don't want to lose my options!!
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 08:25 PM   #232
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 098poi View Post
I have the option and am surprised I am a VIP. My current balance is $.80 and when I do deposit it is $100 at a time usually with a gap of a month or more between. I had a YouBet account for a long time and maybe that carried over. Don't tell them though! I don't want to lose my options!!
Old 12-12-2018, 12:27 AM   #233
summersquall

/QUOTE]The express site is:

https://www.twinspires.com/php/tsexpress/2.3/index.php

Works for me even though I rarely use it. Thought it would help some of you.

Jim [QUOTE] Thank you for providing this workaround. Once logged in the URL loads directly to the previous unaltered express site bypassing the nonsense. Zero balance since migrating from YouBet as State law mandates on-track wagering exclusively. Still enjoy watching them run.
summersquall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #234
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Call me crazy, but the new interface isn't that bad. Everything is on one page, which is great and modern, it's fairly intuitive, it's easy to see which bets I've made/have queued up. All the probables/will pay info is there if you want to scroll down. I was using the interface which loaded up an entirely diff site (forget what it's called, maybe Twin Spires TV?), but that required an ungodly amount of clicking. This gives me everything on one page.

I understand that it's a time honored tradition for horse players to complain but give it a shot. We constantly harp on the industry for not changing, then when they try to change, we brutally slaughter them for going away from what's comfortable. Maybe take a day or 2 betting thru the site, getting used to it, *with an open mind*, then file complaints.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2018, 08:19 AM   #235
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
Call me crazy, but the new interface isn't that bad. Everything is on one page, which is great and modern, it's fairly intuitive, it's easy to see which bets I've made/have queued up. All the probables/will pay info is there if you want to scroll down. I was using the interface which loaded up an entirely diff site (forget what it's called, maybe Twin Spires TV?), but that required an ungodly amount of clicking. This gives me everything on one page.

I understand that it's a time honored tradition for horse players to complain but give it a shot. We constantly harp on the industry for not changing, then when they try to change, we brutally slaughter them for going away from what's comfortable. Maybe take a day or 2 betting thru the site, getting used to it, *with an open mind*, then file complaints.
"Everything is on one page"

Only one race is on there...if your a multi-track player ......you lose a lot...and the clicking is more...

Also

They took away "conditional" and "multi-bets" options long ago and said it was going to be fixed...and this is what we get
Old 12-12-2018, 08:24 AM   #236
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I am going to place a bet with a dope who doesn't know his left from his right?

What are you using to view the site, Jerry?
On my desktop, I have to reduce the screen so much in order to get it all on the screen that when I go to other sites, they are so small I can't read them at all.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3087.jpg (10.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3088.jpg (24.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Tom; 12-12-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #237
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I am going to place a bet with a dope who doesn't know his left from his right?

What are you using to view the site, Jerry?
On my desktop, I have to reduce the screen so much in order to get it all on the screen that when I go to other sites, they are so small I can't read them at all.
Using a 13" macbook pro to view, so my screen is very small. I assumed it would get better when I viewed it on a monitor but haven't tried.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:28 AM   #238
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
"Everything is on one page"

Only one race is on there...if your a multi-track player ......you lose a lot...and the clicking is more...

Also

They took away "conditional" and "multi-bets" options long ago and said it was going to be fixed...and this is what we get
Point taken - never used an interface where I had multiple tracks up for viewing/betting at one look. I find switching between tracks with this layout to be easier than the old layout I was using on TS.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:51 AM   #239
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
Point taken - never used an interface where I had multiple tracks up for viewing/betting at one look. I find switching between tracks with this layout to be easier than the old layout I was using on TS.

I wouldn't take a poll to see how many players bet more than one track at a time

Mike
Old 12-12-2018, 09:05 AM   #240
mikesal57
Veteran

Jerry....

do me a favor.....

go to yesterday replays with-in 10 seconds like I was able to do it before...

if you can find it....