Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #2266
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I consider perjury and issue with a Judge along with the questionable decisions he's made in life. Along with some recent comments. Those are indicators of character. Did Gorsuch have such issues?

Is Brett Kavanaugh the only credible conservative jurist left out there?

You're a joke man.
Please keep up, Cletus. And don't shift from "most qualified" to 'is he the only credible' candidate. Shifting the conversation is what you like to do, that and be wrong constantly.

Now go and re read my post before replying again. Shit, you're like the guy who has to be held by the hand to be shown how to do simple tasks. Like the guy you have to tell a joke to twice before you get it.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 12:46 PM   #2267
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Please keep up, Cletus. And don't shift from "most qualified" to 'is he the only credible' candidate. Shifting the conversation is what you like to do, that and be wrong constantly.

Now go and re read my post before replying again. Shit, you're like the guy who has to be held by the hand to be shown how to do simple tasks. Like the guy you have to tell a joke to twice before you get it.
You just said that if Kavanaugh fails in the nomination it would help Republicans more didn't you?

I've been saying that the whole ****ing time. Kavanaugh is toxic.

Way to flip.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 12:49 PM   #2268
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
You just said that if Kavanaugh fails in the nomination it would help Republicans more didn't you?

I've been saying that the whole ****ing time. Kavanaugh is toxic.

Way to flip.
If Kavanaugh is toxic it wouldn't help the r's more. The r's are helped by the failure to confirm, because Kavanaugh is not toxic and the failure is based on the oppositions bullying tactics of political personal destruction. Basic logic.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 12:58 PM   #2269
woodtoo

Even when Chi-Di-Fi scam is exposed she denies and resists.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #2270
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
If Kavanaugh is toxic it wouldn't help the r's more. The r's are helped by the failure to confirm, because Kavanaugh is not toxic and the failure is based on the oppositions bullying tactics of political personal destruction. Basic logic.
There are two different things at play here. The Supreme Court which Republicans control at the moment without question. The other is how this will play with the electorate.

I have maintained that Kavanaugh on the court will hurt the GOP badly among the electorate. That's why I suggested when this first happened he should be dumped and someone else picked. We past that point 2 weeks ago though so now its just hold the vote and get it over with...

By saying having Kavanaugh fail would increase Republican turnout he basically agreed with me just for different reasons.

At this point though it isn't even about Kavanaugh. Its about sticking it to the libs. Posts here completely prove that problem is; that line of thinking, antagonizing the opposition, makes my point his nomination will hurt us going forward... by mobilizing them.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 10-05-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #2271
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Republican turnout will be high no matter what happens.
The dems have gone out of there way to show what pathetic little liars and degenerate they and they have planted the seeds of true hatred that will only grow.

It's personal now.

My 2 cents.
Add yours and we still don't have a nickel!
Old 10-05-2018, 01:16 PM   #2272
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
It is so disturbing to see so many current day democrats criticize a great American institution like the FBI these days.
The criticism is NOT of the FBI.
The criticism is of Doofus Drumph, Mitch the Turtle, and Grampa Simpson Grassley.
The Repugs were FORCED to call for an FBI investigation because Mitch didn't have the votes.
So they commissioned an FBI investigation and HAMSTRUNG it to such a degree that it even ended early.
That's how little they authorized the FBI to do.
Numerous people with relevant information were IGNORED because the FBI was NOT ALLOWED to interview them.
Having such SEVERE CONSTRAINTS placed upon it for the SHAM investigation was hardly the FBI's fault.
No one is criticizing them.
The criticism is squarely on Doofus Drumph, Mitch the Turtle, and Grampa Simpson Grassley.

Were these three really so STUPID as to think that their SHAM investigation would really fool anyone?
The Repugs are starting to get sloppy lately.
They just aren't putting in the effort to tell PLAUSIBLE lies anymore.
They've got to step it up if they hope to succeed in November.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #2273
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The dems have gone out of there way to show what pathetic little liars and degenerate they and they have planted the seeds of true hatred that will only grow.

It's personal now.
We love it when you get all self-righteous and angry like that, Tom.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #2274
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

It's personal now.

My 2 cents.
Add yours and we still don't have a nickel!

Republican turnout is always high.

The rest of your post is mostly nonsense, dims are bad, blah, blah, blah.

Trump's presidency is a classic example of why you don't poke the bear. That knife cuts both ways though...
Old 10-05-2018, 01:21 PM   #2275
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
There are two different things at play here. The Supreme Court which Republicans control at the moment without question. The other is how this will play with the electorate.

I have maintained that Kavanaugh on the court will hurt the GOP badly among the electorate. That's why I suggested when this first happened he should be dumped and someone else picked. We past that point 2 weeks ago though so now its just hold the vote and get it over with...

By saying having Kavanaugh fail would increase Republican turnout he basically agreed with me just for different reasons.

At this point though it isn't even about Kavanaugh. Its about sticking it to the libs. Posts here completely prove that problem is that line of thinking, antagonizing the opposition, makes my point his nomination will hurt us going forward... by mobilizing them.
Did you miss the salient point? You stated to Elkabong, "Way to flip" and that Kavanaugh is toxic. My post addressed your flipping comment to Elkabong and the lack of Kavanugh's toxicity.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #2276
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Let me tell you something. I can only hope that you and others on the board who promoted this smear have someone you love and respect treated the same way with no evidence. It's one thing to oppose Kavanaugh on his judicial philosophy but to be complicit in smearing someone without any credible evidence is unforgivable.
Amen!
Old 10-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #2277
chadk66

Heitkamp now down 13 points. Guess that's one senate seat the dems can count on loosing.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 01:29 PM   #2278
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Biden rule.
A suggestion is not a rule.

And a rule is not a law.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 10-05-2018 at 01:31 PM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #2279
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Amen!
I second that!
Old 10-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #2280
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Let me tell you something. I can only hope that you and others on the board who promoted this smear have someone you love and respect treated the same way with no evidence. It's one thing to oppose Kavanaugh on his judicial philosophy but to be complicit in smearing someone without any credible evidence is unforgivable.
I can only hope that you and others on the board would NEVER be in the situation of having a daughter who was sexually assaulted and then vilified after she reported the incident.
As for Kavanaugh, he hasn't been proven guilty of sexual assault beyond a shadow of a doubt.
But Blasey-Ford's credible testimony justifies a REASONABLE SUSPICION that he did.
That alone is sufficient grounds to reject his Supreme Court nomination.
But his hissy-fit tirade last Friday, along with the insolent way he responded to questions puts it beyond reasonable doubt that he is not fit for the judicial seat he already has, let alone the Supreme Court.