Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-31-2023, 04:35 PM   #106
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter14 View Post
I don't pay attention to Twitter and sorry he lost his job---He and Todd Schrupp were one of the main reasons I no longer watch Fanduel--I don't think either of them realize that a horse has 4 legs--If possible I found Schrupp to being even more annoying--wondering how he has kept his job-

You would think they would have learned a lot through immersion, but nothing doing.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2023, 04:35 PM   #107
deathandgravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
People should take a step back before they go on the attack on twitter or anywhere else and ask themselves...should I actively be trying to ruin someone's livelihood for the things they said/posted?

I don't care who you are, or how much money you make (well, I guess there are people you don't feel too sorry for who lose their jobs making gobs of money)...losing your job isn't some trivial shit.

Do they deserve it for their actions? In this case, I don't think so.

You're fucking with another human being's life, essentially...when you do something like this.

People don't think about this enough. They just do what makes them feel good or gets them a higher social credit score. Virtue signaling at the cost of another person's way of life.

Seems fair.

I know I am in the minority on this forum, I though Ken was an ok host. Handicapping... well, different story & could get a little weary.
Didn't deserve to lose his job.
deathandgravity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2023, 03:58 AM   #108
wiretowire68

Hindsight is 20/20, Ken in my opinion, flamboyant in terms of his presentation, he really did try to bring enthusiam to a game that does not have young people. I am not sure what TVG was thinking when they brought him back but I believe it is because of his experience in host fashion. Thus, listening to his handicapping acrumen as others have stated here was to me was border line amateur. Did he deserve to lose his job, quite frankly the over correction of any type of controversial opinion automatically in a connected world leaves those with opinions gasping and producers in the studio to act immediately for fear of loss of viewership or any kind of negative feedback from customers of the brand. I do not necessarily disagree with what Ken said about the industry but I definitely disagree with the words he chose in trying to create a dialogue. I stated after the incidents at Churchill although disturbing, not really surprised.

I would venture further investigation into the actual investigations being conducted. Is it possible that there is someone or group out to destroy the rise of Safie Joseph and his dominance of Gulfstream. Is there like in all worlds of business of sport and gambling jealous entities in the inner circles. Seems to me as I never finished what I had said after this happened that the whole industry gets it ass up in the air over the mistreatment of animals that are bred to do this and the dangers of this happen are possible drug coctails or not.

My solution was to either shut up and shut the wining about it or kick all those out of it when you find something out. Servis and XYZ trainer gone. Maybe Baffert should have been booted too. Sounds like power plays and high powered jealousies rampant between the haves and the have nots or the morally just vs. the morally corrupt. Or just a bunch of typical hyprocrisy that seems to have crept throughtout society that gets worse every day.

Funny, back in the 70's the mob running and stiffing a horse at Parx and then using false papers and false name to run him 4 days later under a different name and scam the public at long odds.... Until you come up with a commissioner for the whole sport and have those treat like the other top proffessional sports, then the whistleblowing or the jealousies will continue in different durastictions. Have the whole industry work under the act , have a union for the jockeys.

Did Ken Rudolph deserved to get fired because it was too abrupt for what today consider's controversy. Wow, and a past president gets to make sexual remarks on the campaign trail, invoke a riot and thus have the power to run again... the difference between the haves and the have nots.
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2023, 08:32 AM   #109
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
Did Ken Rudolph deserved to get fired because it was too abrupt for what today consider's controversy. Wow, and a past president gets to make sexual remarks on the campaign trail, invoke a riot and thus have the power to run again... the difference between the haves and the have nots.
Keep your idiotic political opinions out of the horse racing sections.
Old 06-01-2023, 08:57 AM   #110
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Your analogy is horrible...especially since that "past president" is also "PAST" precisely because he also got fired, essentially...and as per the reply above this one, politically motivated comments are strictly prohibited in the horse racing topics, unless they directly relate to horse racing itself and can't be avoided.

It's been in the terms of service you agreed to since this board came into existence.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 06-01-2023, 10:24 AM   #111
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

TVG, it's not just for weekends anymore.
I will happily tune back in during the week.
MSG caryring the signal occassionally again.

But talk about kicking a man when he is down, I just heard
that Barbie broke up with him!
Old 06-01-2023, 10:49 AM   #112
Robert Fischer
clean money

virtue-signaling is the most valuable commodity

he tried to be 'edgy'

put his foot in his mouth and only impressed the virtue signalers and the haters.

i don't know who is worse...

the haters suck because they constantly tweet and post the same subject matter that Rudolph tweeted yet then reprimand him and claim racism is 'the only reason he has a job'...

but the virtue-signals are really foul as well ...
Old 06-01-2023, 10:54 AM   #113
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Hindsight is 20/20, Ken in my opinion, flamboyant in terms of his presentation, he really did try to bring enthusiam to a game that does not have young people. I am not sure what TVG was thinking when they brought him back but I believe it is because of his experience in host fashion. Thus, listening to his handicapping acrumen as others have stated here was to me was border line amateur. Did he deserve to lose his job, quite frankly the over correction of any type of controversial opinion automatically in a connected world leaves those with opinions gasping and producers in the studio to act immediately for fear of loss of viewership or any kind of negative feedback from customers of the brand. I do not necessarily disagree with what Ken said about the industry but I definitely disagree with the words he chose in trying to create a dialogue. I stated after the incidents at Churchill although disturbing, not really surprised.

I would venture further investigation into the actual investigations being conducted. Is it possible that there is someone or group out to destroy the rise of Safie Joseph and his dominance of Gulfstream. Is there like in all worlds of business of sport and gambling jealous entities in the inner circles. Seems to me as I never finished what I had said after this happened that the whole industry gets it ass up in the air over the mistreatment of animals that are bred to do this and the dangers of this happen are possible drug coctails or not.

My solution was to either shut up and shut the wining about it or kick all those out of it when you find something out. Servis and XYZ trainer gone. Maybe Baffert should have been booted too. Sounds like power plays and high powered jealousies rampant between the haves and the have nots or the morally just vs. the morally corrupt. Or just a bunch of typical hyprocrisy that seems to have crept throughtout society that gets worse every day.

Funny, back in the 70's the mob running and stiffing a horse at Parx and then using false papers and false name to run him 4 days later under a different name and scam the public at long odds.... Until you come up with a commissioner for the whole sport and have those treat like the other top proffessional sports, then the whistleblowing or the jealousies will continue in different durastictions. Have the whole industry work under the act , have a union for the jockeys.

A predictable twit response.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2023, 11:43 AM   #114
metro

There's nothing that Rudolph said that anyone associated with the game doesn't already know. Horses do breakdown. There are levels of cheating in the game. You either accept it or you don't.

He was fired for the mocking way that he addressed it, and would imagine his employer has something in their code of conduct for employees, especially those on air, that strictly forbids the way they express themselves, especially on social media where their audience reach is far greater.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2023, 01:37 PM   #115
classhandicapper

Social media seems to destroy almost as many careers as it makes, but it's scarier when the tone of the post is more important than whether it was essentially true or not.
Old 06-01-2023, 05:14 PM   #116
myohmyjustify

I grew up learning about life from a no-nonsense and street smart family. They all lived by the same lessons that I still do to this day.

They taught me to take ownership of everything I say and do but that I should never, ever explain my actions nor apologize to anyone for them.

What good did it do for Ken Rudulph to explain, apologize and grovel to his bosses and general public ? He was fired anyway.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2023, 06:28 PM   #117
RunDustyRun

The theory that there is a conspiracy to take down Saffie freaking Joseph because of his success at gulfstream is truly one of the craziest things I seen in this forum...he had two horses collapse and die in three days..
Agree with Vic that tvg doesn't deserve the hate..its day may have passed but I've spent too many hours watching to say it sucks..
As for rudolph..kind of liked him before he left but when he came back no bueno..found myself changing the channel when he was on..
.but as PA pointed out..this was this man's livelihood and I believe he has children..hard for me to find happiness in him losing his job over a stupid tweet

Last edited by RunDustyRun; 06-01-2023 at 06:29 PM.
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2023, 06:47 PM   #118
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
he tried to be 'edgy'

put his foot in his mouth and only impressed the virtue signalers and the haters.

i don't know who is worse...

the haters suck because they constantly tweet and post the same subject matter that Rudolph tweeted yet then reprimand him and claim racism is 'the only reason he has a job'...

but the virtue-signals are really foul as well ...
Isn't it a LITTLE hypocritical that everyone here (but me lol) destroyed this guy for years, said he was only on the air because of his race (though of course no one had the balls to use those exact words), and said he was terrible at his job...now they're all offended and triggered because he was fired...but for the wrong reasons?

No one gets triggered better than fat old white guys.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2023, 06:49 PM   #119
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
Isn't it a LITTLE hypocritical that everyone here (but me lol) destroyed this guy for years, said he was only on the air because of his race (though of course no one had the balls to use those exact words), and said he was terrible at his job...now they're all offended and triggered because he was fired...but for the wrong reasons?

You can include me in the "but me lol"...thanks for excluding me.

Are you sure you're paying attention to what is written here? Weird you would miss that.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:59 PM   #120
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post

I never liked the guy, and said so here many times in the past. He never took his job seriously, and remained a horrible handicapper who couldn't stop embarrassing himself whenever other more knowledgeable hosts would attempt to handicap a race. His firing left me totally disinterested, because I never felt that he deserved that job in the first place. I won't miss him...that's for sure.