Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 04-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #31
karlskorner

A more direct e-mail

blanco@calderracecourse.com

There are 6378 members on this board, I called in and only 3 dozen or so have e-mailed their complaint. Remember if it happens at CRC it can happen elsewhere. Take the time, it's your future.
karlskorner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #32
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indulto
cj,
By editing YM's "product of society" post, I think you've unjustifiably imposed your and T2W's personal preferences on the rest of us.

Fortunately I caught that post before you exercised your lack of discretion. IMO it contained the wit and insight that is notably lacking from most of T2W's posts, but you allowed that poster to dictate what others can read and enjoy.

I don't see posts deleted here that many posters would consider far less tasteful and certainly more hostile. As much as I generally respect the content of your posts, when you blow it you sure do it bigtime.

You've got to stop reading those books on how to become a Steward and learn to let the results stand.
I am amazed you consider the fact you were able to read the initial post to be a "fortunate" event. I don't read every post so I can't speak to all of them. I made a judgement call on this one. Personally, it didn't really bother me, but I thought it didn't belong here and could easily be seen as offensive. PA has the power to see the deleted posts and restore them if he likes. In the future, if you don't like my choices, it is probably just best to ask PA in private about it.

Your post is a cheap shot. I made the call I did in the interest of making the board better, nothing else. Posting your unsolicited opinion on a subject that has little or nothing to do with horse racing and even less to do with you certainly doesn't make this a better place. You could have continued the discussion in off topic as requested, but you chose not to do so. Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by cj; 04-23-2008 at 05:54 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #33
GaryG
Unreconstructed

There is more at stake here than Calder. Lone Star is blocked as well and Kentucky could be next. Also, the anticipated (by me at least) 100 day Presque Isle meet. I have a good friend in a management position at BRIS and he is not hopeful.

http://drf.com/news/article/93910.html
Old 04-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #34
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Any track still charging admission is not worth going to.
I grudgingly pay the extortion money to get into Saratoga, but only because the Toga guys are there. If not for them, I would never set foot on the grounds.

I"ll make the gate charge up to you this year by bringing up from Md. some Chocalate Juniors and a few bags of Crab Chips. Make sure you get there as soon as you can or they may disappear.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:29 PM   #35
Cangamble
Agitator

Woodbine and Fort Erie don't charge admission anymore. It has been like that for years. But when you have a triactor takeout of 28.3%, they know they will get the customer's last red cent regardless.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #36
Cangamble
Agitator

I just sent an email. I told her that this makes me feel like punching....
Ok, I didn't say that, but I hope I made sense to her.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #37
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I am amazed you consider the fact you were able to read the initial post to be a "fortunate" event. I don't read every post so I can't speak to all of them. I made a judgement call on this one. Personally, it didn't really bother me, but I thought it didn't belong here and could easily be seen as offensive. PA has the power to see the deleted posts and restore them if he likes. In the future, if you don't like my choices, it is probably just best to ask PA in private about it.

Your post is a cheap shot. I made the call I did in the interest of making the board better, nothing else. Posting your unsolicited opinion on a subject that has little or nothing to do with horse racing and even less to do with you certainly doesn't make this a better place. You could have continued the discussion in off topic as requested, but you chose not to do so. Thanks a bunch.
I find it strange that someone who puts a premium on results rather than intentions would consider my post a cheap shot.

THIS thread is the crime scene and referring to it elsewhere would result in a disconnect from the issue raised. Anytime someone's privilige to express themselves is arbitrarily aborted, it has EVERYTHING to do with me and others who value this community and its privileges.

This board enjoys the popularity it does because it generally is NOT moderated with a heavy hand. And posters generally get warned in advance unless it is a clear TOS violation

When one publicly inserts one's self on one side of an issue, one can't complain about being challenged publicly. If YM's post didn't bother you, personally, why did you let someone else's opinion guide your actions. By messing with another poster's content rather than advising him that further like content would be unacceptable, you also accepted the responsibilty to answer for your action publicly.

This isn't personal for me, and it shouldn't be for you, but as you're obviously capable of giving as good as you get, I'll give as I got. You're welcome a bunch.
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2008, 01:49 AM   #38
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I believe CJ asked (in reply #27) that if one wanted to discuss the matter further, to do so in off-topic, where it rightly belongs. A very reasonable request, in my opinion. Usually, when people don't honor reasonable requests such as that one, the only recourse is to delete any off-topic replies that continue to be submitted into the affected thread. If it was me who made that request, I would have simply deleted Indulto's follow-up....but everyone knows that CJ is a nicer guy than I would ever hope to be....

In closing, I would suggest that CJ's actions were quite appropriate, even given his statement that the deleted text did not personally offend him. CJ is a moderator, and acted upon the knowledge that the deleted text DID OFFEND a fellow board member. Now, given that this deleted text in question had nothing to do with horse racing, and was ultimately little more than a silly side note, I find it rather amusing that this much time and energy has been wasted arguing against its ultimate demise.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2008, 02:19 AM   #39
yak merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I believe CJ asked (in reply #27) that if one wanted to discuss the matter further, to do so in off-topic, where it rightly belongs. A very reasonable request, in my opinion. Usually, when people don't honor reasonable requests such as that one, the only recourse is to delete any off-topic replies that continue to be submitted into the affected thread. If it was me who made that request, I would have simply deleted Indulto's follow-up....but everyone knows that CJ is a nicer guy than I would ever hope to be....

In closing, I would suggest that CJ's actions were quite appropriate, even given his statement that the deleted text did not personally offend him. CJ is a moderator, and acted upon the knowledge that the deleted text DID OFFEND a fellow board member. Now, given that this deleted text in question had nothing to do with horse racing, and was ultimately little more than a silly side note, I find it rather amusing that this much time and energy has been wasted arguing against its ultimate demise.

I find it amusing also, and don't really care one way or another, and I'm sure this post will be long gone. However Mr. PA you walk a slippery slope. Removing a post because one person is offended? Holy-politically correct. In that case I'm thinking that since you called my side note silly. And silly can mean feeble minded, I'm offended that you make light of the mentally handicapped. I hope a more sensitive moderator removes your post.
yak merchant is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2008, 02:29 AM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It wasn't simply because one person was offended. It was also because the comment itself wasn't worth keeping, so it was an easy call, one person or not.

Context is everything.

Now, any further talk about this in this thread will be removed. If you wish to discuss further, I'm available via private message, email and/or Off-Topic.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-24-2008 at 02:30 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
I"ll make the gate charge up to you this year by bringing up from Md. some Chocalate Juniors and a few bags of Crab Chips. Make sure you get there as soon as you can or they may disappear.
Chocolate Jrs?
I'm there July 3rd!

Now,if Calder ever decides they want my business, it will take a whole lot of Crab Chips. Unbelievable how short sighted and arrogant some tracks can be. I sincerely hope Calder is finacially wounded enough to hurt. We need less tracks anyway, so if they were to go under, that would be a good thing.
Amazing how good Tam is and how crappy Calder is.

Last edited by Tom; 04-24-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #42
stuball

Thumbs down e-mail

Sent my e-mail with some strong comments to Calder
and I told them to say bye bye to me and my money...

Stuball
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #43
takeout

So Calder is using the old Hialeah business model, eh? Good luck with that.
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2008, 06:10 PM   #44
Houndog

Calder Takeout

Although I play Calder rarely I have done as karlscorner suggested and sent an e-mail directly to the marketing director expressing my disappointment.

As another post stated if it happens at Calder it can happen at other race track venues.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #45
Houndog

Quick Response

Well at least I got a quick polite response to my e-mail. Be sure to get your secret decoder ring. "Remember Kids Drink More Ovaltine" and take advantage of the Twin Spires Club.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us at Calder.

Due to all-around higher costs of doing business, Calder Race Course found it necessary to increase the take-out percentages this season on certain wagers (Pick 3, 4, 5). A minor increase was also applied to daily double and exacta wagers. At present, there is no increase on win, place or show wagers, nor trifectas, superfectas or Pick 6s.

We understand that a raise in prices is undesirable for customers of any product; however, with the rise of costs in the current economic climate, an increase of our take-out was deemed necessary. Please note that Calder had not raised its prices in many years.

We appreciate you being a customer and hope to continue the relationship. We also encourage you to take advantage of the Twin Spires Club, our player reward program where you earn points, prizes and privileges based on your level of play.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Last edited by Houndog; 04-24-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: