Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-08-2018, 09:11 PM   #61
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Tiger picked the wrong week to play poorly. He stunk on par 5's and put it in the drink twice on the shortest hole on the course. His best major chance might be the US Open. Leave the driver in the bag. Hit it in the fairway and gut your way around. At least Tiger didn't whiff this week....lol
Oh, please. So the tournament where often par +/- 1 for the tournament wins is his best chance? No, he didn't whiff, but expecting Tiger to win a major at his age, number of surgeries, time off, and added pressure is not realistic. And I'm rooting for him to at least win again, but not a Major. I might add, that if Tiger could win a major, it would be the PGA. The PGA is typically set up for players to make good scores.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 04-08-2018 at 09:15 PM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #62
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Shot even par at the Masters after having his 4th back surgery last spring. Started playing competitively in January. I'd say it was a successful return to golf. Some people have greater expectations than Tiger himself does.
How bout his Eagle put on 15?

Way to go Tiger!
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #63
MutuelClerk

I didn't say he would win. I think US Open is his best chance to win. I'm not sure he ever wins again let alone a major either. I'd love to see it and I'm rooting for him. Guess we disagree on how he'll win. Going low he can't drive with these guys and out birdie them anymore. When the score is around par I think it gives a banged up older Tiger a better chance to win.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2018, 10:51 PM   #64
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Is it me or are these new young guys in the best shape I have ever seen a pro golfer?

Fowler, Spieth et al......all look like they are in great shape
Old 04-09-2018, 07:07 AM   #65
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Tiger picked the wrong week to play poorly. He stunk on par 5's and put it in the drink twice on the shortest hole on the course. His best major chance might be the US Open. Leave the driver in the bag. Hit it in the fairway and gut your way around. At least Tiger didn't whiff this week....lol
The problem with your suggestion is that the US Open is often the longer courses with 500 yard par 4's. It hard to make birdie when you have a 3 or 4 iron in your hand in the fairway. I should know. I use those clubs a lot and rarely see the green after my second shot... or third lol.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 07:10 AM   #66
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Is it me or are these new young guys in the best shape I have ever seen a pro golfer?

Fowler, Spieth et al......all look like they are in great shape
Credit Tiger for that. The likes of Craig "walrus" Stadler and John Daly are thankfully fewer and further between.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:49 AM   #67
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Shinnecock Hills was just under 7000 yds in 2004, which these days doesn't seem very long. But the course's website says the 2018 yardage is "to be announced."
https://www.shinnecockhillsgolfclub.org/course
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 08:46 AM   #68
098poi

On another minor note, congratulations to Patrick Reed!! He's not the most popular player but he brought it and closed the deal.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #69
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 098poi View Post
On another minor note, congratulations to Patrick Reed!! He's not the most popular player but he brought it and closed the deal.
his putting was phenomenal under pressure
Old 04-10-2018, 12:48 AM   #70
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 098poi View Post
That is an understatement. It sounds as though his lack of popularity extends from fans to other players and especially his family. To say say that he is modest would also be an understatement.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:07 AM   #71
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Credit Tiger for that. The likes of Craig "walrus" Stadler and John Daly are thankfully fewer and further between.
1. I think Tiger used something to bulk up. And he's paying for it now with all these injuries IMO. So I'm not "crediting" Tiger because guys in their 20's look like guys in their 20's.

2. I much prefer golfers who don't suddenly move from split end to a middle linebacker. That includes offensive tackles and guards who remain offensive linemen like Stadler and Daly.

But that's me.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:16 AM   #72
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
That is an understatement. It sounds as though his lack of popularity extends from fans to other players and especially his family. To say say that he is modest would also be an understatement.
Reed said: "No one expects me to go out and win. I expect myself to go out and win."

Is that a cocky statement? Because he says stuff like this a lot.

Personally, I think he believes what he said above is true but I also think most of us and his opponents out on the course knew this guy was going to be mighty tough to catch yesterday.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:06 AM   #73
incoming

Reed was one of the few that chose to attack the course instead of thinking his way around the links. This week it worked. Damp conditions on Saturday helped. The course was also setup very forgiving on Sunday especially when compared to Thursday and Friday.

I agree Tiger is done, for him to reach the pinnacle he had
achieved in the past would be a miracle especially with this crowd and today's equipment.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 07:51 AM   #74
headhawg
crusty old guy

In more important golf news, Ricky Fowler is dating Allison Stokke the Internet-famous pole vaulter.

headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 08:08 AM   #75
MutuelClerk

Damn, impressive headhawg thank you. So many pole jokes available. I'll take the high road and pass. Ricky Fowler is a lucky guy.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: