Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-15-2017, 10:55 PM   #1
n.c

Last day of Belmont Sunday, any long shots???

give out all the possible long shots, and i will put $2 to win on all them.

This way i do not get bored at the track.
n.c is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2017, 11:42 PM   #2
johnhannibalsmith

R11: Open Bar 20-1

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #3
n.c

ANY REASON FOR THE 7??

I WILL PUT 2 TO PLACE ON THE 7
BUT SOME of the negatives on the 7

1. Adsit Abigail- name - have never talked to anybody named Adsit...

2. Horse- never run on turf and it is already a 4 year old

3. claimed from Jason Servis- and stepping up to 40k...going to guess Servis would have run the horse on turf and at 40k, but he did not

4. going against Clemente, Casse 2 horses, Rudy,Maker, Rice and Asmussen in this race

but i will put 2$ on place
Old 07-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #4
FlintAtTheFetlock

How about the Shades of Brown in R5. Rested, breaks with speed from outside post, reasonable chance to clear. Carmouche seems to bring these types home. And how about that 6/25 work? Food for thought.

Also Race 2 chock full of value. Considering and really like Rockin Aly. Looks likes tons of speed he can run down, shown tactical ability.

Good Luck

chasing the bone, flies at the nostrils plunder
- IA @1978
FlintAtTheFetlock is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #5
n.c

kinda like the 3

as a key horse, on the bottom side

20-1- has two wins at Belmont...2nd race back, 1 win at the distance

Saez going to 1 though

Rocking Ally- May 29th race came off turf, showed speed and fade..now the good work out..will key with Linda Rice
Old 07-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #6
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.c View Post
BUT SOME of the negatives on the 7

1. Adsit Abigail- name - have never talked to anybody named Adsit...

2. Horse- never run on turf and it is already a 4 year old

3. claimed from Jason Servis- and stepping up to 40k...going to guess Servis would have run the horse on turf and at 40k, but he did not

4. going against Clemente, Casse 2 horses, Rudy,Maker, Rice and Asmussen in this race

but i will put 2$ on place
Okay okay, my main reason was it's the last race on the last day and if I got really lucky, this would make a great get-out deluxe.

I'm not expecting this horse to take money for the reasons you mention and about a dozen others. I think the 20-1 M/L is a good starting point and I genuinely think this guy has a relatively small chance, but it is a chance within range of that 20-1 number.

To address your concerns specifically:

1. I think if you reverse it, you get Abigail Adsit. Still not quite Jane Smith, but I'm seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Further, whenever I stumble upon an AA (that might help) entry, I like something. I like they way she's moving one up, I like the work for this race, I like something, they rarely just look like straight up filler that someone just entered because there was a race.

2. Already four but only making start number eight. I think the negative there isn't the elapsed time to the turf debut, but the fact that they (original barn) dumped this one after two starts, both for a tag, and they were into him about $400,000 when they decided losses needed cut.

The other negative that does involve the turf move is half-full, half-empty type prospect. Is she entering on turf while doing well on the bottom on dirt because she genuinely is willing to risk a good dirt race for the chance to improve on turf? Or, is she entering on turf because then this one might cut it at Saratoga if it can run improved race on turf and spend the meet trying that as opposed to facing better bottom conditioned claimers on the main track? An audition of sorts, I guess.

3. Servis only ran him once in New York and off a cheap maiden win went to the bottom non-two. That's why he hits at huge numbers. He doesn't go run off and try the Belmont turf on the step up off a cheap maiden win at Parx. He goes for the jugular in the right spot.

4. I notice a trend here. Lots of people. Adsit the name as a negative, Servis didn't do this, he has to beat this great trainer and that great trainer.

Yup, I try to beat horses that get action simply because they are Servis and Casse and Rudy and Clemente. I'm thinking that this horse belongs at 15-1 and will be 30-1 for exactly that reason.

I didn't like a lot today in terms of individual horses, so I tried to give you something meaty, albeit very unlikely, to close out the day.

It isn't a likely winner. But, of everyone in the race, I think it probably is the most likely to give you a better price than you deserve. The horse isn't terrible, he was a major disappointment that began cheap, and is still lightly raced enough to improve as a racehorse in general and moving to turf specifically. There are lots of negatives, but there area handful of positives in a race where most of the competition's greatest thing they bring to the race is the name of their trainer.

Good luck.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:25 AM   #7
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
The other negative that does involve the turf move is half-full, half-empty type prospect. Is she entering on turf while doing well on the bottom on dirt because she genuinely is willing to risk a good dirt race for the chance to improve on turf? Or, is she entering on turf because then this one might cut it at Saratoga if it can run improved race on turf and spend the meet trying that as opposed to facing better bottom conditioned claimers on the main track? An audition of sorts, I guess.

Sorry, I forgot to read back and edit and just now reading this pile of text I squeezed out in a hurry and will drive me nuts if I don't add something here.

The negative that I really meant to hit on at the close here and just rushed myself past it is that possibility that there was just nowhere else to run the horse and it isn't staying in New York, so this was the closest thing to a last spot to run in at the meet. I was then going to reach back to the part where I mentioned my impressions of the barn's entering habits and tie it all together with a benefit of the doubt for her based on those impressions.

Not exactly like I left out the key evidence that will send the masses to the windows to play, but it really annoyed me when I read it that somehow my fingers never got the message.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #8
davew

I once knew a guy who would bet every entry to win in every race in what he called 'get-away day'. I am not sure the ROI, but looks like will be positive today with a $72 winner in the first.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #9
Jack950

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintAtTheFetlock View Post
How about the Shades of Brown in R5. Rested, breaks with speed from outside post, reasonable chance to clear. Carmouche seems to bring these types home. And how about that 6/25 work? Food for thought.

Also Race 2 chock full of value. Considering and really like Rockin Aly. Looks likes tons of speed he can run down, shown tactical ability.

Good Luck
Shades of Brown ran well. 3rd at 20/1

Last edited by Jack950; 07-16-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Jack950 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #10
n.c

got the wrong horse name

may 29th off turf, bullet work out - horse name was Shades of Brown, with
Carmouche , horse given out by FlintAtTheFetlock
Old 07-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #11
n.c

Rockin Alli did come in 2nd

towards the end of the meet, at any track, i like horses that have been in the same barn for some ti me, which has not been claimed before.

If you look at this race, 8-11-13, all three have been with the same trAINER FOR
a long time, ie with horses that have been claimed before multiple times, you don't know which horse can be depended upon, they may not be sound , ie they have issues.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:59 PM   #12
n.c

72 dollar winner

"I once knew a guy who would bet every entry to win in every race in what he called 'get-away day'. I am not sure the ROI, but looks like will be positive today with a $72 winner in the first"

one of the angles give out by one of the pace adv guys

mcl, with plenty of work outs ,...last day of the meet, #7 had work outs, while rest of the field had gap work outs, plus the 7 had a trainer change and a race on june 8th. 23 furlongs if you include the june 8th race in about 30 days.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #13
n.c

looking at the owners of number 7

race number 1- they are a outfit out of southwest, with few horses running at Lrl and Pim..:: so last day of the meet, they run the horse at Belmont, first time ever they have run a horse at Belmont...horse worked out 2 days ago at belmont
Old 07-16-2017, 10:25 PM   #14
PIC6SIX

YA, bet the 7/5 exacta box in the first race and the 7 and 5 to win. Also do a SUP keying the 5 n 7 over the 123457. All that should make your day. Use them in DD and P3 if you wish.
PIC6SIX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #15
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.c View Post
towards the end of the meet, at any track, i like horses that have been in the same barn for some ti me, which has not been claimed before.

If you look at this race, 8-11-13, all three have been with the same trAINER FOR
a long time, ie with horses that have been claimed before multiple times, you don't know which horse can be depended upon, they may not be sound , ie they have issues.
For what reason would a horse running in the same barn for a long time be more sound and a better bet than a horse that other owners/trainers liked enough to want in their barn?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: