Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #31
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
for our track and OTB network we were down 46.70% on Arlington from 2009 to 2010.

Monmouth is up an even 108%.

it seems to me where we (and we're a small operation) are down the most are in the mid level eastern tracks.

Arlington, Calder, Lousisiana Downs are all way down for us this year.

Woodbine, Monmouth are both up a lot

So cal and no cal been steady as they are our bread and butter,

NY down a smidge but pretty stable.
Why should Woodbine be up? The product is no better than Arlington, and they have the same rotten surface.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 12:40 AM   #32
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Why should Woodbine be up? The product is no better than Arlington, and they have the same rotten surface.
Well, they don't have 68% trainers, they have bigger fields, and they are on TVG regularly.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #33
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
It is up because TVG is promoting them, when they didn't promote them earlier last year. Also, around the fall, the DRF in the Eastern States finally put Woodbine in their form.
Their signal is available just about everywhere now, and it wasn't that way a year ago.

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #34
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
According to the brainiacs in California all they have to do is raise the takeout 5% and everything will be OK.
Andy, your comment reminds me of a joke.

During a cross country flight, a jet airliner experiences engine problems. The pilot announces over the PA system, 'Ladies and gentlemen, we've experiences some difficulties with one of our 4 engines. We've had to shutdown that engine. But we are safe to continue our flight with the remaining 3. However, we will be delayed by an hour. We apologize for the unavoidable delay and ask for your understanding and cooperation.'

After a while, yet another engine problem resulting in another shutdown.

Again, the pilot makes an announcement and concludes with an estimate of being delayed by an additional hour.

Then, as luck would have it, a 3rd engine problem. As the pilot announces the latest development, one passenger turns to another and says, 'Boy oh boy, if this keeps on happening, we'll be up here forever!'
Old 10-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #35
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
It is up because TVG is promoting them, when they didn't promote them earlier last year. Also, around the fall, the DRF in the Eastern States finally put Woodbine in their form.
Their signal is available just about everywhere now, and it wasn't that way a year ago.
Yeah this is the 3rd year i think we've taken them regularly. takes some time for players to familiarize with a signal. Also they have good racing and big fields on many occassions.

always get a lot of feedback of guys who love to play WOX
jballscalls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #36
The_Knight_Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD

Then, as luck would have it, a 3rd engine problem. As the pilot announces the latest development, one passenger turns to another and says, 'Boy oh boy, if this keeps on happening, we'll be up here forever!'

LOL Thanks for the morning chuckle.
The_Knight_Sky is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #37
teddy

Nutshell

If tvg puts on a good track and lets the ontrack hosts select the horses it does alot for the promotion of the track. Woodbines hosts, harness and tb are top notch and give out really good insight and winners. People notice and bet the tickets. The baseball fool selections sucked for a year now. Hes crappy, the othe guy with the big glasses had prices but I never followed him too much. Ron Ellis puts out some winners, p4 last night, many in the past but was cold recently up till last night. When I see him on I jump in and bet so cal. So the psychology works on me. I didnt play much Monmouth because I play race to race and huge fields take me longer to go thru. Plus the Lo Dumpa commentary really made me feel like I was getting expert advice from a novice and it was messing up my thought process on the race. Ellis makes sense and the Woodbine chick does too... lets face it they try harder because its their real job. If the mountain man ever got on TVG, how much would that raise handle.... but really it would be like hes too REAL about topics and it would probably not fly on network tv. If he told Ken that a trainer only ships in to mtn to win at long odds it might not be what they want to hear. Way over their heads. Still I would like to see it. That would be refreshing to see Nancy and them on there.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply