Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Edward DeVere

Oh, Gee, Who'da Thunk It? BC Tix Sales Well Ahead of Last Year

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...-ahead-of-2009
Edward DeVere is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
46zilzal
velocitician

I remember the first two years that tickets were both affordable and plentiful. Who wants to go to a day at the races when you cannot get to a window or even walk around much?
Old 09-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
I remember the first two years that tickets were both affordable and plentiful. Who wants to go to a day at the races when you cannot get to a window or even walk around much?
Isn't the point of the article that tickets sales are GOOD?

I'm sure the surface has a lot to do with the increase, as well as a better location for the majority of racing fans.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
CincyHorseplayer

Hey some of us like bustle as opposed to playing the Wizard Of Oz at home!!!

7 mil as opposed to under 4 mil last year?That is good news CJ.Some have a hard time joining that bandwagon!!"Good" is very tough to handle!!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
Black Ruby

Didn't you have to buy the two day package at SA the last couple years? I see single day seats available at CD.
Black Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This is excellent news, and hopefully will help them kill the silly notion of making SoCal a permanent home for this event.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
redshift1

A couple of Monmouth type storms and Its back to clement California.
redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Excellent!!! I hope the ticket sales break all records...I hope more folks show up than ever before...and as Pace said, maybe the ridiculous idea of a permanent host site will fly out the window!

I'm with Cincy...the more the merrier...too many people and Monmouth like storms ?...bah-humbug

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey

Last edited by joanied; 09-08-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typo
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1
A couple of Monmouth type storms and Its back to clement California.
Nothing wrong with an off track. I don't see many people clamoring for Personal Ensign's career finale to be erased from our memories...happened on an off track in case you forgot...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #10
bane

It's Churchill, people with little intrest in Kentucky and better than most states moderate fans.

It should be a good meet, it's like seeing a baseball game in St. Louis, good fans that truly respect the sport.
bane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #11
Space Monkey
Veteran

Generally, I'm not a big crowd person, but I make an exception for racing. I have seats for both days at the rail, on the finish line for the BC. I'll make most of my bets from my hotel room before I head to the track. I'll be more worried about getting a cold one than getting a bet in
Space Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #12
elhelmete

The two days I spent at BC2009 were the best days I ever spent at a sporting event.

Crossing my fingers for good weather for those attending (people, that is) at Churchill. I hope they pack the place to the rafters.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #13
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete
The two days I spent at BC2009 were the best days I ever spent at a sporting event.

Crossing my fingers for good weather for those attending (people, that is) at Churchill. I hope they pack the place to the rafters.
They will because racing folks are glad to return to dirt racing, and it is a memorial to the sport.

Having said that, Ch. Downs is a dump like Pimlico. Going there is a one or two time yearly experience. Here's hoping that the BC packs 'em in and has a huge handle.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #14
BluegrassProf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
Having said that, Ch. Downs is a dump like Pimlico. Going there is a one or two time yearly experience. Here's hoping that the BC packs 'em in and has a huge handle.
I'm not sure I'd go that far - sure, it's no Keeneland, but it's not quite "take my money and not my life" Pimlico-esque.

At very least they know how to do major events, and the upcoming BC promises to fit that bill. And as long as traffic steers clear of downtown, I'll be happy.

If anyone's coming in town, I have plenty of dining options to offer, and I look forward to cocktails...
BluegrassProf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #15
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassProf
I'm not sure I'd go that far - sure, it's no Keeneland, but it's not quite "take my money and not my life" Pimlico-esque.

At very least they know how to do major events, and the upcoming BC promises to fit that bill. And as long as traffic steers clear of downtown, I'll be happy.

If anyone's coming in town, I have plenty of dining options to offer, and I look forward to cocktails...
Gotta say, all else aside, Santa Anita did a terrific job managing the physical event. Everyone was in a good mood. No lines where I bet. No drunken debauchery (we at least not until after the races).
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: