Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #61
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
The "group" show parlay went down....gee that's a scoop. Don't they always? Why is it always the "fun" from the play that takes over and rationalizes the money loss?
Well if the people involved had fun and weren't worried about losing the bucks they threw in, what business is it of yours? Wasn't that the simple point being made?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #62
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Within the industry you have your public handicappers; AS, Mountainman & the like. Software vendors Jeff Platt, Ken Massa, D. Schwartz, et al. Figures folk like cj, Sheets, Thoro-Graph and I guess you.

Nowhere do I see anyone using lines like:

Making such statements is not only dishonest it's hucksterism plain & simple.

I haven't a clue why anyone would want to get into a business selling info to this demographic. They're cheap and skeptical. But there is one thing I find insufferable and that's when I see people making bold claims that are patently false. Giving a player a fanciful impression of the nature of this game to sell a product is corrupt & sordid. And then to have the gall to come in here and try and ridicule AS when you adopt a business practice like that, is, for lack of a better term, idiotic.
Now you are going a little ways past good-natured name calling, and making statements that you can not show to be true. You have no idea of what I'm doing. Your limited understanding of this game is not a good basis for calling me a liar. Post some proof.

I can't tell you, and I don't care to make un-informed assumptions, why anyone else would want to get into a business selling info to this demographic. I choose to, first because I have a better, faster, cheaper product to sell, and second because it is probably the most difficult thing that I can do.

I fully understand that I could make an appeal to you based on what you want to hear, and what you know. But, there are certainly enough information sellers already doing that. I'd rather present the truth to you in the hope that maybe someday, you might consider it. To accomplish that, right now, all I have to do is let you follow the path you are on, while I continue to put the truth out in front of you.

jdl
jonnielu is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #63
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
You know, I looked at Jonnie's method very closely a while back, and he explained some stuff to me off-forum.

I was impressed. The methodology made sense, and the way in interpreted the two sets of numbers together was really smart, I thought.
It made sense to me.

I just think the better way to promote it would be to promote it and stop putting down others. Stand on your merits.

jdl

Of course, Tom didn't mean here on PA as we all know free promotion is not permitted without approval of PA himself.

-- mod

Last edited by BillW-mod; 08-21-2010 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Advertising
jonnielu is offline   Reply With Quote Reply