Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-05-2018, 11:24 AM   #286
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
What Truth?

That Trump was already under investigation regardless of the now infamous dossier? That the Memo is grossly misleading?

Senior House Intel Committee Republicans are saying this... Not some left wing conspiracy. Not the MSM.

You are right we will get the facts as they come and that appears to be fine except to Trumps ardent supporters and the White House itself.
I'm curious...if this memo was a big nothing-burger and grossly misleading, why did even opponents of Trump initially rally against its release?

Was it another game of 4d chess? They rallied against it in hopes this would convince Trump to release it?

I bet that's what this all is, right?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2018, 12:06 PM   #287
davew

Little Adam Schiff wants to vote this afternoon to release the dim version.

More info is better. maybe quotes of the DNC / HRC dossier or some articles quoting the leaks from crowdstrike or fusion GPS
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2018, 12:12 PM   #288
boxcar

Quote:
I'm getting tired of the deflection and constant ignoring of points.

Nunes hadn't read all the information. Technically didn't even write the Memo. Gowdy and other Republicans are saying this...

Since the Memo is turning out to be a giant swing and a miss by team Trump we're back to beating the old drums...

It gets old. His defenders will literally ignore anything that hurts their narrative and lack and objectivity in the matter.

Trump started getting investigated due to the fact Papadapolous got drunk and ran his mouth. He's still being investigated. When it wraps up we will all have our answers.
What gets old is you. Probably the real reason for you "getting tired".

Again...you have NO IDEA (nor does anyone else here) what Nunez read when he visited the WH "archives" along with Trump. And no one has ever said that "the Memo" is the end-all, be-all. As Track Collector has correctly said, it's just the beginning. The tip of the iceberg. Stay tuned and keep patient.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:13 PM   #289
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Little Adam Schiff wants to vote this afternoon to release the dim version.

More info is better. maybe quotes of the DNC / HRC dossier or some articles quoting the leaks from crowdstrike or fusion GPS
I can hardly wait to read Schiffty's version of events.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:20 PM   #290
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I'm curious...if this memo was a big nothing-burger and grossly misleading, why did even opponents of Trump initially rally against its release?

Was it another game of 4d chess? They rallied against it in hopes this would convince Trump to release it?

I bet that's what this all is, right?
One of the big reasons is the intelligence community doesn't like their classified stuff being thrown out in public.

It was a big nothing burger. Most reactions were puzzled as to how this was some bombshell thing like we were led to believe. Meanwhile precedent for these courts to now become public domain has been set.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2018, 12:21 PM   #291
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
to repeat Track Collector

Some of our forum liberals will refuse to believe the truth because their source of information has fed them false and distorted material, and/or they have been indoctrinated to such an extent that simply refuse to accept that the government, mostly under Democratic control, has engaged in illegal activities in an effort to prevent/take down political opposition.
How about a forum conservative that can look at things objectively. How about Gowdy, Hurd, and Wenstrup saying this release did nothing to de-legitimize the investigation?

Again these key facts and statements by people who aren't liberal and who WERE involved in the process go largely ignored but the Bots.

The Memo even says the campaign was already under investigation... their own memo says that... yet you keep ranting about the MSM.

Its hilarious really.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 02-05-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:24 PM   #292
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
You don't know what Nunez has read and what he hasn't read.
You know squat.....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1FM2V7

Quote:
House intelligence chairman says has not read documents underlying memo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of the U.S. House of Representatives’ Intelligence Committee said on Friday he had not read the underlying materials referenced in a memo he and other Republicans on the panel assembled alleging bias against President Donald Trump in the FBI and Justice Department’s Russia probes.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2018, 12:25 PM   #293
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
What gets old is you. Probably the real reason for you "getting tired".

Again...you have NO IDEA (nor does anyone else here) what Nunez read when he visited the WH "archives" along with Trump. And no one has ever said that "the Memo" is the end-all, be-all. As Track Collector has correctly said, it's just the beginning. The tip of the iceberg. Stay tuned and keep patient.
I am.

I'm also not calling for the end of the investigation or that its all fake.

Pray tell when the other stuff is released and if it gives justification for the investigation will you say "fake news" or challenge their knowledge of the facts or buy it hook line and sinker?
Old 02-05-2018, 12:33 PM   #294
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You can't argue with people who don't actually read what the people involved are saying.

Gowdy, Hurd, Wenstrup; "Trump not exonerated. Not Explosive. Not Vindicated."

Nunes; "I didn't actually read all of it."

Nunes Memo; "Campaign was already being investigated for something else."

But... yeah... details.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #295
boxcar

Quote:
I am.

I'm also not calling for the end of the investigation or that its all fake.

Pray tell when the other stuff is released and if it gives justification for the investigation will you say "fake news" or challenge their knowledge of the facts or buy it hook line and sinker?
Don't worry where I will stand. I will always side with the Truth because I can handle truth. How 'bout you?
Old 02-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #296
boxcar

Quote:
But that doesn't mean that he hasn't read material NOT in the Memo and, therefore, may know a lot more than he willing to reveal at this time.

Learn how to make logical inferences from what you read before presuming to tell anyone here "You know squat...".
Old 02-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #297
hcap

Quote:
You can't argue with people who don't actually read what the people involved are saying.

Gowdy, Hurd, Wenstrup; "Trump not exonerated. Not Explosive. Not Vindicated."

Nunes; "I didn't actually read all of it."

Nunes Memo; "Campaign was already being investigated for something else."

But... yeah... details.
I know this well. Boxcar is the religious right of PA off topic. Benn arguing with him for over 10 years. He is not to be taken seriously
Old 02-05-2018, 12:49 PM   #298
Clocker

Quote:
Boxcar is the religious right of PA off topic. Benn arguing with him for over 10 years.
One definition of insanity is repeating the same action while expecting a different result.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #299
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
One definition of insanity is repeating the same action while expecting a different result.
I agree. But most of this board is comprised of similar debates. Are we all bonkers?
Old 02-05-2018, 01:08 PM   #300
davew

Quote:
One of the big reasons is the intelligence community doesn't like their classified stuff being thrown out in public.

It was a big nothing burger. Most reactions were puzzled as to how this was some bombshell thing like we were led to believe. Meanwhile precedent for these courts to now become public domain has been set.
You miss the point of how they ILLEGALLY obtained their classified stuff. If they answer to no one, the country will become a fascist state and soon the 'national security agencies' will start killing or jailing people they disagree with.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply