Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-03-2018, 01:54 PM   #226
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Complete b.s.

The memo is a result of Nunes doing his Constitutional duty of oversight over the intelligence agencies.

First the memo is only related to FISA and its abuse. The memo is not about the Russia investigation and its beginnings. The investigation may have started with an overheard conversation in a bar, but that conversation is not enough to secure a FiSA warrant to spy on an American citizen.

The standard for a FISA warrant is, if it is an American citizen, that this specific citizen is acting on-behalf of a foreign power and is engaged in espionage or terrorism. First, there is no evidence that Papadopoulos or Carter were plotting espionage or terrorism against America.

Second McCabe, under oath , in his testimony explicitly stated there would be no FISA warrant if the Trump Dossier did not exist. According to Comey and everyone else this Dossier was and is unsubstantiated.

The memo does not address whether or not an investigation should have or should not have been started, but about the abuse of FISA during the investigation.

You should be very concerned about the FBI's abuse of FISA once they started an investigation, by using an unsubstantiated political opposition document as a primary source for a FISA warrant.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 02-03-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #227
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
No offense but Trump already does enough on his own to question his character.

So basically the investigation is just being a big meanie by existing?
This is a red herring! Is Mueller investigating Trump's character or is he investigating a specific crime, which by law the latter is what Mueller is supposed to be doing? You see...if one is going to investigate someone's character, then there's no limit as to how far back you can go or what you can discover and use against a political opponent. Suppose someone was investigating your character, and the agency or whatever found out that you got expelled from elementary school for being a bully? And then after all this time, they use that incident to disparage your adolescent and adult periods in your life? You see where I'm going with this? With no limits on an investigation, anyone can invariably dig something up on someone because none us have squeaky clean backgrounds -- none of us (and squeaky clean is not limited to past legal troubles!). You just don't drum up elaborate investigations because you think someone is of bad character. You conduct "special counsel" investigations because you think the object of the investigation committed a specific crime. A world of difference.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:24 PM   #228
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Complete b.s.

The memo is a result of Nunes doing his Constitutional duty of oversight over the intelligence agencies.

First the memo is only related to FISA and its abuse. The memo is not about the Russia investigation and its beginnings. The investigation may have started with an overheard conversation in a bar, but that conversation is not enough to secure a FiSA warrant to spy on an American citizen.

The standard for a FISA warrant is, if it is an American citizen, that this specific citizen is acting on-behalf of a foreign power and is engaged in espionage or terrorism. First, there is no evidence that Papadopoulos or Carter were plotting espionage or terrorism against America.

Second McCabe, under oath , in his testimony explicitly stated there would be no FISA warrant if the Trump Dossier did not exist. According to Comey and everyone else this Dossier was and is unsubstantiated.

The memo does not address whether or not an investigation should have or should not have been started, but about the abuse of FISA during the investigation.

You should be very concerned about the FBI's abuse of FISA once they started an investigation, by using an unsubstantiated political opposition document as a primary source for a FISA warrant.
But no oversight is needed because the CIA, FBI and NSA do whatever they feel is best for the world. The only have accountability to themselves. Some feel FusionGPS is a CIA run business, so everything out of there has to be correct.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2018, 02:37 PM   #229
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
But no oversight is needed because the CIA, FBI and NSA do whatever they feel is best for the world. The only have accountability to themselves. Some feel FusionGPS is a CIA run business, so everything out of there has to be correct.
It seems the current liberal dem leadership agrees with the above-stated sentiment.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #230
davew

Quote:
It seems the current liberal dem leadership agrees with the above-stated sentiment.
Clapper describing the dossier, with the tells of a person lying ALOT

Old 02-03-2018, 03:05 PM   #231
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2018, 03:19 PM   #232
woodtoo

Simon says.....
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #233
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
This is a red herring! Is Mueller investigating Trump's character or is he investigating a specific crime, which by law the latter is what Mueller is supposed to be doing? You see...if one is going to investigate someone's character, then there's no limit as to how far back you can go or what you can discover and use against a political opponent. Suppose someone was investigating your character, and the agency or whatever found out that you got expelled from elementary school for being a bully? And then after all this time, they use that incident to disparage your adolescent and adult periods in your life? You see where I'm going with this? With no limits on an investigation, anyone can invariably dig something up on someone because none us have squeaky clean backgrounds -- none of us (and squeaky clean is not limited to past legal troubles!). You just don't drum up elaborate investigations because you think someone is of bad character. You conduct "special counsel" investigations because you think the object of the investigation committed a specific crime. A world of difference.
But its not an investigation into his character as the only information we have regarding the investigation so far is who they've interviewed and who they've brought up on charges.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #234
thezeeman333

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...e-sex-scandals

The real crooks.jpg
thezeeman333 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #235
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #236
davew

Quote:
A problem with libs is they do not understand how some people have different opinions than theirs.

FanDan can you actually write a sentence, or just copy tweets? I am not sure how dimbots work.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:17 PM   #237
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Complete b.s.

Thank you SMTW, for stating the simple truth.
Danny tends to confuse every thread with BS from the tweets of any dimwit out there. Facts are never going to ruin Danny's rants.
When you live by SNL and Twitter, this is the quality of posts you get.

The left just is incapable of addressing reality.
Mueller is obviously 100% NOT qualified for this positions and should be canned immediately. Perhaps a special prosecutor should be investigating Muell for his role ins rigging elections.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:20 PM   #238
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
A problem with libs is they do not understand how some people have different opinions than theirs.

FanDan can you actually write a sentence, or just copy tweets? I am not sure how dimbots work.
One would think Danny would be capable of reading the memo and then commenting specifically on specific sentences.

Not our copy and paste boy.
He has always relied on the opinions of others.
Forming your own is just so......hard!
Old 02-03-2018, 04:25 PM   #239
OntheRail

Quote:
Should you not be playing in your pals sandbox in the Liberal Corner.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #240
Clocker

I'll jump on the picture-posting band wagon with this message from the "deep state":