Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-23-2016, 07:51 AM   #136
Vinman

Each time I download the Ultimate pp's I have to enter my name, address & credit card info from scratch upon checkout, as the credit card I have "on file" always gets rejected. This is true no matter which of two valid credit cards I use is the one on file.

Vinman
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2016, 08:02 AM   #137
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

They should fire their director of marketing.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:08 PM   #138
Fox

If they are not rolling already, you have to figure heads will roll sooner or later as a result of this debacle. Given the customer back backlash evident here, I'm guessing revenues will take quite a hit.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 10:07 AM   #139
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I hope they take a serious $$$ hit.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:18 AM   #140
TravisVOX
Track Announcer

Aside from my script that automatically downloaded the files, and a minor hit to the speed navigating the site, I've had no problems transitioning to the new site.
TravisVOX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 10:58 AM   #141
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisVOX
Aside from my script that automatically downloaded the files, and a minor hit to the speed navigating the site, I've had no problems transitioning to the new site.
So you mean that the automatic download is not a big deal? I think this is the most important piece of the process and a definite deal breaker!
Old 12-24-2016, 11:25 AM   #142
Elliott Sidewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover
So you mean that the automatic download is not a big deal? I think this is the most important piece of the process and a definite deal breaker!
Delta is absolutely right about this. You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. The quick download was probably the best feature of the old BRISNET. Now, they paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #143
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisVOX
Any reasonably intelligent human can "transition" to the new site. That doesn't make the site any good. Good site design should make the user experience easier, not more difficult.

What surprises me is that other providers aren't making more of an effort to provide Bris-like services for the obviously unhappy Bris customers. Seems like a no-brainer, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything that happens in this industry.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 11:54 AM   #144
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
Each time I download the Ultimate pp's I have to enter my name, address & credit card info from scratch upon checkout, as the credit card I have "on file" always gets rejected. This is true no matter which of two valid credit cards I use is the one on file.

Vinman
Vinman, it rejected mine the second time I tried to buy something, even after putting my card on file the first time. The reason I was rejected was because I failed to notice that you have to enter the CCV number each time, even if your card is on file.

Mule
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 02:29 PM   #145
acorn54

i understand the hassel to those that want alot of the tracks each day that run.
for those like me, that only bet weekends at the major tracks the transitioning to the new bris site hasn't been a bother to me
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 05:01 PM   #146
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg
What surprises me is that other providers aren't making more of an effort to provide Bris-like services for the obviously unhappy Bris customers. Seems like a no-brainer, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything that happens in this industry.
I'd say it is a bit early to jump to this conclusion. The new BRIS site I'd just barely out, it will take time for others the react unless you think it okay for someone else to jump in right away with something half-assed.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #147
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister
I'd say it is a bit early to jump to this conclusion. The new BRIS site I'd just barely out, it will take time for others the react unless you think it okay for someone else to jump in right away with something half-assed.
I've been asking Trackmaster for 5 years to add post positions to their "B" files They told me they have no plans to do so I wouldn't expect any provider to "jump in"
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 06:04 PM   #148
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54
i understand the hassel to those that want alot of the tracks each day that run.
for those like me, that only bet weekends at the major tracks the transitioning to the new bris site hasn't been a bother to me
Even if you only bet on weekends maintaining a full database of charts is still a first class priority as this is the only way you can do research and build custom figs.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:19 PM   #149
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Beware their chart files - PDF.
I just downloaded the BC Friday card - only got the 9th race even using the ALL button. Only the BC races show up for the Saturday card. Well, some of them - left out Race 6 and 7.

Looks like their total incompetence was rhetroactive.

Anyone use Equibase?
I can't find how to get to chats for tracks not running.....not a useful tool if you can't. Why have charts back to 1992 is you cant' get to them???

DRF is supposed to provide chart access with my DRF+ but will not allow me to get them

To much FREE stuff out there - you can't get to it.

Last edited by Tom; 12-24-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 10:32 PM   #150
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Beware their chart files - PDF.
I just downloaded the BC Friday card - only got the 9th race even using the ALL button. Only the BC races show up for the Saturday card. Well, some of them - left out Race 6 and 7.

Looks like their total incompetence was rhetroactive.

Anyone use Equibase?
I can't find how to get to chats for tracks not running.....not a useful tool if you can't. Why have charts back to 1992 is you cant' get to them???

DRF is supposed to provide chart access with my DRF+ but will not allow me to get them

To much FREE stuff out there - you can't get to it.
BC race#6
http://www.equibase.com/premium/char...16&cy=USA&rn=6

BC race#7
http://www.equibase.com/premium/char...16&cy=USA&rn=7
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply