Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #166
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest
You will now be known as "The Puck Swami".

I really hope you took the point spread on the Caps.

What are the odds of Torts bag skating the team today?
I have no way to bet sports here which is probably a good thing
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #167
ldiatone

What are the odds of Torts bag skating the team today?

hes just mad he didnt break the old record......

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #168
HoofedInTheChest

Patrik Laine got lit-up!

The Jets were breaking out of their zone while under pressure, and a forechecker was bearing down on the puck carrier (Mark Scheifele), Scheifele broke the golden rule, never give a linemate a “deathpass”. Laine had a forechecker bearing down on him, and with Scheifele under pressure he was forced to feed the puck to Laine who had his head down. Just after Laine received the pass, Jake McCabe was right in his grill and lowered the boom. I thought the hit was perfectly legal, whether it was the hit or the fact that Laine hit the back of his head on the ice is irrelevant, Scheifele was to blame for his linemates concussion.

You never pass the puck to someone when there is a forechecker bearing down on the receiver.

In other news...

The Goat had his first NHL fight last night, and i must admit, the Goat knows how to throw a haymaker. Bobby Farnham made the mistake of asking the Goat to dance, and the French-Canadian obliged, lighting up Farnham’s face until they dropped to the ice. The legend continues...

Toronto has lost 13 straight games to the Habs.

Leafs start their bye week today, no games until next Friday.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 10:00 AM   #169
MutuelClerk

Damn Hoofed, we are on the same page. Just came on to say the Jets should have went after Scheifele. A slow backhand pass to the middle of the ice like that. Shame on him. Terrible. I hope Laine is ok and back soon. The kid is a very special player.

Long live The Goat. Rocky Rocky Rocky........
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #170
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk

Long live The Goat. Rocky Rocky Rocky........
I can’t say that Bobby Farnham is the sharpest tool in the shed, at 5’-10” and 188 pounds, i would love to know what he was thinking at the time. “Let’s see, i’m going to go after the guy who is 6’-5” and 238 pounds, and prove to my coach that i don’t belong in the minors.”

There were better options out there if you were trying to impress your coach, the only thing that he proved is that he has a second career as a punching bag.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #171
woodtoo

Quote:
Patrik Laine got lit-up!

The Jets were breaking out of their zone while under pressure, and a forechecker was bearing down on the puck carrier (Mark Scheifele), Scheifele broke the golden rule, never give a linemate a “deathpass”. Laine had a forechecker bearing down on him, and with Scheifele under pressure he was forced to feed the puck to Laine who had his head down. Just after Laine received the pass, Jake McCabe was right in his grill and lowered the boom. I thought the hit was perfectly legal, whether it was the hit or the fact that Laine hit the back of his head on the ice is irrelevant, Scheifele was to blame for his linemates concussion.

You never pass the puck to someone when there is a forechecker bearing down on the receiver.

In other news...

The Goat had his first NHL fight last night, and i must admit, the Goat knows how to throw a haymaker. Bobby Farnham made the mistake of asking the Goat to dance, and the French-Canadian obliged, lighting up Farnham’s face until they dropped to the ice. The legend continues...

Toronto has lost 13 straight games to the Habs.

Leafs start their bye week today, no games until next Friday.
May have been a "clean" hit, but awful intent.
Jake McCabe will have a target on him for quite some time, and not just the Jets, no team likes to see a star player treated like that, I'm sure Leafs fans
would agree.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #172
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
May have been a "clean" hit, but awful intent.
Jake McCabe will have a target on him for quite some time, and not just the Jets, no team likes to see a star player treated like that, I'm sure Leafs fans
would agree.
Intent? When has an open ice hit ever resulted in something nice? I find this hypocritical coming from a Jets fan, how many guys has your team tried to lay out over the years? I’m sure Big Buff has the best intentions when he goes to light someone up. Intent, don’t make me laugh, the Winnipeg Jets have been the hardest hitting team in the league since their return. Live by the sword, die by the sword, payback is a bitch!

Ultimately, a player is responsible for his own well being. Skating up the ice with your head down gets no sympathy from me, being so careless with a pass with a noted bonecrusher on the ice gets no sympathy from me.

Before you come back at me and say that i would have a different opinion if it was Auston Matthews on the receiving end of that hit, i would say my opinion would be the exact same. Laine and his linemates should have been aware of who was on the ice at the time, it’s the player’s responsibility to know when there is a bonecrusher on the ice. If not, you pay the ultimate price with your ignorance.

Jake McCabe does not deserve to have a target on his back, he was simply doing his job. Passing the blame onto McCabe is a copout, Scheifele deserves a cuff upside the head for that incredibly dangerous pass, and Laine learned a valuable lesson, keep your f’n head up kid, this isn’t lawn bowling.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #173
woodtoo

Tough crowd.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #174
woodtoo

Allow me to rephrase, when you take our top player out of the game, you better keep you god damn head up next time we meet.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:32 PM   #175
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
Allow me to rephrase, when you take our top player out of the game, you better keep you god damn head up next time we meet.
The horrible pass took out your top player more than McCabe did. I agree McCabe might be a marked man in Winnipeg. But that's just passing the buck because Scheifele on that play shouldn't have passed the puck. Like I mentioned earlier I hope Laine is back ASAP he's a special young player. Do the Sabres and Jets play again this season?
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 08:23 PM   #176
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
The horrible pass took out your top player more than McCabe did. I agree McCabe might be a marked man in Winnipeg. But that's just passing the buck because Scheifele on that play shouldn't have passed the puck. Like I mentioned earlier I hope Laine is back ASAP he's a special young player. Do the Sabres and Jets play again this season?
Scheifele gift wrapped Laine and served him up on a platter for the Sabres, they couldn’t have done a better job of leaving him vulnerable, it has to be the dumbest play i've seen this season. What made me laugh was when Scheifele went after McCabe after the hit, knowing full well that it was his pass that caused the problem in the first place.

In that situation, Scheifele should have put it off the glass or iced the puck, it was the only logical play, he had no lane to skate the puck out, unfortunately he chose door #3.

The Jets have been throwing their weight around for years, don’t you think it’s inevitable that you’re going to get some retribution eventually? And who do you think they are going to go after? That’s right, your best goal scorer.

They don’t play again this season, maybe in the Cup Final?
Old 01-09-2017, 02:19 AM   #177
ldiatone

pens won again

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2017, 08:55 AM   #178
HoofedInTheChest

Toskala, Bernier, Enroth...

What do we have on the Ducks that we can dump our goaltending problems onto them?

Now that we have our shiny new toy in Curtis McELHinney (not sure how to pronounce that), Enroth was dealt for a 7th round pick (seriously?), i would have been fine with a PTBNL.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #179
HoofedInTheChest

I’m a little perplexed, does Anaheim understand how waivers work? Yesterday there were 3 goalies put on waivers, Jonas Gustavsson, Anton Khudobin, and Curtis McElhinney. These guys were free for the taking, and Toronto did just that, claiming McElhinney. Instead, Anaheim burned a 7th round pick for an asset worth basically nothing, and proceeded to send him to the minors.

Both Enroth and McElhinney have very small sample sizes this season, but the latter has put up significantly better numbers this season, not to mention he is 6’-3” compared to Enroth who is 5’-10”. Obviously, 7th rounders generally don’t turn into much, but I’d rather have it than not, you just have to look at Connor Brown to see that some late rounders do pan out. I really don’t understand the thought process behind this, but then again this is the organization that hired Dave Nonis after he ran the Leafs into the ground.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #180
Greyfox

Quote:
Yesterday there were 3 goalies put on waivers, Jonas Gustavsson, Anton Khudobin, and Curtis McElhinney.
So far nobody took Gustavson so he sat as backup for the Oilers last night.
Most grandmothers could play better in goal than him.
Someone, please take him.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply