Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #2416
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC
Greg,

Thanks for the update to my question.

By the way, I have PaceView Platinum and am anxiously waiting for the release of Exotic Bets! as I plan to use it in conjunction with JCapper.

What is your latest estimate on when it will be available for purchase?

Thanks,
TJC
Just getting the printing functions squared away right now. I have the complete program at this time...there is just a lot more printing windows in this program...Steve is working on it as we speak.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #2417
ebcorde
Veteran

on a prior topic we discussed

GP today see race 1 - 5
Old 01-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #2418
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
On you list of tracks to avoid, add Woodbine, I don't think I've ever cashed a ticket there.

Woodbine sorta blows for Pace View....but as you'll recall--this cold winter day Dec 4th 2016 (I'm assuming it was cold in Canada)...WOX set the PACE VIEW WORLD RECORD for a single selection:

Attached Images
File Type: png top power woodbine.PNG (111.0 KB, 247 views)
Old 01-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #2419
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
GP today see race 1 - 5

Eb-I read your email and tried to answer--for some reason the email bounced--I had a horse that paid a huge amount--and showed incredible works that I tried to send.

Don't recall the name of the horse though.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #2420
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Just do what I do...bet the longshots. We were just discussing losing streaks--so wouldn't advise anyone to get crazy with these.
Thats what you would think, but, the best plays were the ones in the 2-1 to 5-1 range (we're just talking the hot list at MVR).

out of 59 bets (all starting 1-1-17)

< 2-1 there were 6 wins for a total of $22.60
2-1 to 5-1 there were 11 wins for $99.00
> than 5-1 there were 2 wins for $ 62.40

and that's why you pay me the big bucks
Old 01-12-2017, 10:43 PM   #2421
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
Thats what you would think, but, the best plays were the ones in the 2-1 to 5-1 range (we're just talking the hot list at MVR).

out of 59 bets (all starting 1-1-17)

< 2-1 there were 6 wins for a total of $22.60
2-1 to 5-1 there were 11 wins for $99.00
> than 5-1 there were 2 wins for $ 62.40

and that's why you pay me the big bucks

Actually I meant all-around tracks

Gerald from LA purchased Platinum-- and asked how the program did in LA tracks.

Figured I would let you field that one--I haven't done well @ Delta

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 01-12-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:24 PM   #2422
green80

u
Quote:
Gerald from LA purchased Platinum-- and asked how the program did in LA tracks.

Figured I would let you field that one--I haven't done well @ Delta
Delta is a tough track to play, Secretariat would have got beat if they took him to Delta Downs.

Right now I would suggest not playing any Louisiana tracks until the ban on shipping horses is lifted. Most all races are going with short fields as no horses are allowed to ship into or out of any of the tracks. Delta went with some 3 horse fields last week. Not much value there.

With that said, La Downs and Evangeline worked best for me with Platinum last meet, using the power numbers, just look for value. At Delta watch the late numbers close, you'll catch some good longshots there using the late and late power. Tblast works good at the FG on the grass. Overall the La tracks rank kinda middle of the field with Platinum.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:54 AM   #2423
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PV PRO

A newbie just started with the Pace View PRO--it's old hat to most of you, since Platinum came out. But there are still Pro users--some new...some have used it since it first came out.

Anyway this gentleman remarked about the Best Bets were profitable at some track--I sent him a couple of the best, easiest Spot Plays.

Since I had them saved--I'll go ahead and post them for any PRO users. Hard to find ANY software program for $20--and impossible to find one you can win with--here you go.

Pace View EARLY/LATE spot play:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg EARLY_LATE AQ.jpg (159.0 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 01-13-2017 at 04:56 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:55 AM   #2424
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

And here is it's "twin"..the LATE/EARLY spot play:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LATE_EARLY AQ.jpg (177.6 KB, 231 views)
Old 01-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #2425
Cice

Clowney lost by a neck btw.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:39 AM   #2426
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Haven't even done any handicapping...and very little this week Exotic can play my pick-4 contest...see how I do with no handicapping at all.

Oh if you get a chance google pace handicapping ... spot plays ...speed method Those are the only search terms I've checked lately.

Once you figure search engine optimization out---it's easy. Took a lot of trial and error to get my little site to rank higher than Bris, ATM, Horse Racing Nation..PACE ADVANTAGE all the big boys with their professional SEO teams.
Here's the Hot List as promised, for MVR today. Good luck--NCG

Attached Images
File Type: png hot list1.png (117.9 KB, 149 views)
Old 01-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #2427
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
...Exotic can play my pick-4 contest......
Criminy. Glad I stopped by the thread. Forgot all about the AQU contest and had made up my mind to not even look at NYRA today. Dammit.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 01-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #2428
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Criminy. Glad I stopped by the thread. Forgot all about the AQU contest and had made up my mind to not even look at NYRA today. Dammit.
Be glad when that hot Arizona sun bakes that TUP track into cement.

That is a speed player's dream right there.

Didn't do much @ Mahoning today...and baby needs a new pair of shoes!

Just pretty much sayin' howdy--in the middle of writing up directions and

instructions for EXOTIC.

I never read directions for ANYTHING personally...unless I'm hopelessly stuck.

I say just start pushing buttons--and see what happens

One Christmas Eve night I had to put together a 12-speed bike for my son. I was tired, it was like 4AM--put the whole thing together---found I had put something on backwards--had to take it all apart and start again

You'd think I would have learned to read directions FIRST--after that.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #2429
johnhannibalsmith

In the meantime we've got a turf course with some sprinkles on it and a 2-5 shot Neil Drysdale four-time winner that is graded stakes placed, has made over a half-million, and actually has won not only over this turf course - but won this exact race two years ago over Red Zeus (who is also in the field at about 20-1).

And that's the rub. Like Red Zeus, is this 7yo. Power Ped the same horse that was here two years ago? No, his form hasn't tailed off like Red Zeus', but it's still a short price on a horse that is likely still much the best horse overall, but has to beat all nine of them to win. And because it's a ten horse gate with a odds-on favorite, there's some good prices on some decent horses that with a little of this and that in their favor could be a threat.

To that end, I don't really see a whole lot of reason to go trying too hard to beat Power PED here, but wow, 16-1 on Storm Power?

Yes, he's been mainly a dirt sprinter but I think that's part of what I like in that he's always seemed to be just in the shadow of some of his slightly better stablemates in the dirt sprint division. I think he's supposed to be a pretty nice horse and I don't think that this race is going to run so much like a stereotypical turf race that it really even matters that he's on turf. There's gonna be some legit pace and some brazen moves in the turn, I imagine, so if he can get a good trip behind stablemate Blue Bomber and he fires with a first run on some of the other obvious contenders - I think he might just trip out as that horse to emerge off the turn with the lead to lose and that's not a situation he often finds himself in sprinting on dirt. For some horses, that's the key to life and they get hard to get by. Maybe he's one of those.

Probably not, he's most likely going to run a decent but losing race in this spot, but at 15-1 and with my own little biased opinion of him in the general sense, I surely can think of at least one way worse play in here.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:52 PM   #2430
johnhannibalsmith

Oh my hell I was going to try so hard to make a case for the Troy Smith Finger Lakes claim back off the last win that was pretty troubled but really, REALLY couldn't muster the nerve to believe in his chances to actually win and take the same 15ish-1. Wow, I'll never hear the end of this one. Meanwhile, my big play ran just like a dirt sprinter, loomed like a big threat in the turn and stopped mid-stretch like his lungs exploded.

Closed Thread