Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #1
Cutter14

NYRA Late Scratches

Sent 2 e-mails to the NYRA asking why they post the late scratches so late.Never responded. Decided to call today and I get a response that they don't respond to e-mails..I asked why then did they ask for my e-mail if they don't respond to them..I might as well have to spoken to the wall..I couldn't get an answer...I told the individual on the phone that he was a puppet reading from a script.... As for me/I'm done with them....Just my 2 cents
Cutter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2019, 07:20 PM   #2
Trips

They should post the late scratches early, definitely before the regular scratches.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2019, 11:05 PM   #3
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter14 View Post
Sent 2 e-mails to the NYRA asking why they post the late scratches so late.Never responded. Decided to call today and I get a response that they don't respond to e-mails..I asked why then did they ask for my e-mail if they don't respond to them..I might as well have to spoken to the wall..I couldn't get an answer...I told the individual on the phone that he was a puppet reading from a script.... As for me/I'm done with them....Just my 2 cents
I think there is a semantics issue....late scratches actually occur "late" and essentially come up immediately. I think you mean early scratches. Well, if you join Twitter, and follow me ( @andyserling ), you will get the scratches within five minutes, pretty much every day, and usually quicker, from when they are released internally.

Problem solved.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2019, 11:39 PM   #4
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
They should post the late scratches early, definitely before the regular scratches.
That's funny.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2019, 09:31 AM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

They should definitely post the RESULTS when the entries are posted.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:30 AM   #6
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
I think there is a semantics issue....late scratches actually occur "late" and essentially come up immediately. I think you mean early scratches. Well, if you join Twitter, and follow me ( @andyserling ), you will get the scratches within five minutes, pretty much every day, and usually quicker, from when they are released internally.

Problem solved.
I would venture to guess it has to do with late p/4,5,6's...which nyra is famous for late changes after the 1st leg of a said sequence has started...mostly weather related...sometimes legit....sometimes dubious at best...