Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-31-2019, 05:54 AM   #46
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Last thing we need IMHO is hockey riders getting even on the track.
100% agree, Tom.

You know, out on the roads, we call this road rage.

Re-framing rage/revenge/emotional responses that are dangerous and reckless as "race riding" is laughable to me.

Good race riding is about PRECISION and finesse.......not anger, spite, and recklessness.

I fail to see any "finesse" here at all.

I had to make a call to state police when somebody started "playing dangerous games with me" out on I-95, because of some *perceived* slight that I have no idea to this day what it was. It became so reckless I felt my life was in danger so I pulled over and made the call. They "got" him about 15 miles ahead and turned out the guy had other problems ie license and registration even though they couldn't prove he was playing road rage games with me out there but he got nailed. (Officer called me back and told me).

Last edited by clicknow; 12-31-2019 at 06:05 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 12:32 PM   #47
FantasticDan
gelding

Did anyone watch the 1st race today at GP? Was there at least an inquiry? I made a bet and didn't see the race live, only the replay.

Did the not blast the into the stands in deep stretch just as the was about to get up)? (yes, had a WP bet on the )
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 12:34 PM   #48
the little guy

There was an inquiry, it lasted about two minutes, and they left the 5 up. It was pretty cut and dried that he should have come down. Baffling.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 12:38 PM   #49
trifecta

His herding actions are going to get somebody seriously hurt. Can't believe they left him up.
trifecta is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 12:39 PM   #50
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Did anyone watch the 1st race today at GP? Was there at least an inquiry? I made a bet and didn't see the race live, only the replay.

Did the not blast the into the stands in deep stretch just as the was about to get up)? (yes, had a WP bet on the )
yea, and the industry wonders why participation from all parties is decreasing, that was a joke.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 12:48 PM   #51
FantasticDan
gelding

Thanks for the responses. A baffling joke is right
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 01:01 PM   #52
Racetrack Playa
regular user

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
His herding actions are going to get somebody seriously hurt. Can't believe they left him up.
Beyond ridiculous that Irad is allowed ride this way on the track. He needs a break, and a good talking too!
Old 01-04-2020, 01:01 PM   #53
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I guess that talk the stewards were going to have with Irad about the ride that started this thread didn't have much impact.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 01:02 PM   #54
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
yea, and the industry wonders why participation from all parties is decreasing, that was a joke.
Every event in racing doesn't necessitate you infusing your agenda.

The Stewards making the wrong call at Gulfstream has been going on for over 25 years. This is not new news and doesn't affect people betting to any noticeable degree. In this case, a 2:1 was left up, so arguably more people were happy with the decision.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:15 PM   #55
Trips

Watching the replay he looks behind seeing the 6 charging and veers out severely and dangerously. Hopefully it doesn’t take a life threatening incident for this to stop.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 02:31 PM   #56
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
Watching the replay he looks behind seeing the 6 charging and veers out severely and dangerously. Hopefully it doesn’t take a life threatening incident for this to stop.
This is one of my biggest issues with that type of riding. It's dangerous, yet it is continuously ignored, or even condoned, by Stewards pretty much everywhere in this country. We constantly claim safety is the number one issue, and agreeably it undoubtedly is, yet potentially dangerous riding tactics are considered acceptable. I don't get it.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #57
Trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
This is one of my biggest issues with that type of riding. It's dangerous, yet it is continuously ignored, or even condoned, by Stewards pretty much everywhere in this country. We constantly claim safety is the number one issue, and agreeably it undoubtedly is, yet potentially dangerous riding tactics are considered acceptable. I don't get it.
Obviously since stewards have voiced their opinions on these riding tactics i honestly believe owners may be the only hope. I own cheaper claimers but others with quality racing stock have a voice which jockeys may listen too. Top echelon jockeys aren’t separated by much when it comes to ability. Results will be basically the same in terms of wins and losses.

Never would deny his talent when it comes to race riding. Horses respond to his hands like few in the game. Something severe must happen for this to stop. I just hope it is him losing a few mounts on quality horses and not injury or worse.

Last edited by Trips; 01-04-2020 at 03:16 PM.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 03:28 PM   #58
davew

I had a daily double with 1,6,8,10/5. I was surprised they did not drop the Ortiz favorite 5 as it was running erratically during the stretch. I can only guess the stewards decided the 6 was also drifting in as the 5 veered out. After (close?) contact, the 6 slowed and veered out still maintaining 3rd. That was the second time during the stretch the 5 impeded and slowed the 6 after doing it earlier in mid-stretch drifting out then as well.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 04:33 PM   #59
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Every event in racing doesn't necessitate you infusing your agenda.

The Stewards making the wrong call at Gulfstream has been going on for over 25 years. This is not new news and doesn't affect people betting to any noticeable degree. In this case, a 2:1 was left up, so arguably more people were happy with the decision.
Well I am going to continue to point out when racing does things that are poor for the sport, and dangerous riding that seems to be discounted by the Stewards is going to draw a response, I will continue to infuse that agenda, I dont need to ask for permission to do so.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 05:28 PM   #60
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Well I am going to continue to point out when racing does things that are poor for the sport, and dangerous riding that seems to be discounted by the Stewards is going to draw a response, I will continue to infuse that agenda, I dont need to ask for permission to do so.
Not sure what that has to do with my response, but OK.

People aren’t leaving the game because the Stewards made the wrong call. That was my only point.