Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 10-27-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

Breeders Cup Juvenile

Who ya like?

Bolt d'Oro looks tough to beat but I like Hollywood Star and Solomini underneath him in the tri. Its early but i have a feeling this is gonna be a good crop.

Anyone know whats going on with Dak Attack? hes #2 on the power rankings at www.derbypowerrankings.com not in this race...

Last edited by PowerUpPaynter; 10-27-2017 at 06:50 PM.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2017, 07:42 PM   #2
Raider

An the ice is broken

It is early, but no matter who wins it, they will be come the new darling. Of the races to date (all four) I think the champagne was the best. I think Hollywood star will win, he has a cool name
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2017, 08:07 PM   #3
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
Who ya like?

Bolt d'Oro looks tough to beat but I like Hollywood Star and Solomini underneath him in the tri. Its early but i have a feeling this is gonna be a good crop.

Anyone know whats going on with Dak Attack? hes #2 on the power rankings at www.derbypowerrankings.com not in this race...
PUP,

Bolt D'Oro has that wow factor with me. Kind of funny that Mick Ruis has such a potential monster. Still I am going to try and find someone to beat him but I am not optimistic.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2017, 09:31 PM   #4
Bennie

Will see what the post draw is before making up my final choice but will be looking to use Bolt, Hollywood, and Us Navy Flag somewhere.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2017, 12:47 AM   #5
Andrick

I have doubts he (or any of them) can beat Bolt d'Oro unless that one finds a good bit of trouble in the race, but I'm interested in using Chad Brown's maiden, Good Magic, at this point in time. Liked his run in the Champagne sitting pretty close to a hot early pace and still had run left at the end to finish a close 2nd.
Andrick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2017, 05:58 AM   #6
PowerUpPaynter

I actually hope Bolt d'Oro wins by a wide margin... Im ready for the next super star. The past 2 years I thought came up weak. Although I guess Nyquist was a derby trail super star, wasnt he undefeated until the Preakness? But Nyquist didnt have the great pedigree Bolt does...

Hollywood Star seems to be the wise guy horse in this one.

Last edited by PowerUpPaynter; 10-28-2017 at 06:01 AM.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2017, 07:04 AM   #7
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Bolt looks pretty tough after his romp in the Front Runner. I think his connections are surprised at how well he has run thus far at distances that supposedly shouldn't be his strength. Should only get better.

The Tabulator is a bit interesting with Dialed In on top and Giant's Causeway on the bottom. A bit perplexed that he started out at Arlington Park on the fake stuff going 4 1/2 furlongs. He and Hollywood Star come out of the same race and they would be my top 2 challengers to Bolt.

Mendelssohn is intriguing if nothing more than the $3 Million price tag for which he was purchased. Has certainly ran a couple of duds, but U S Navy isn't bad company to have in your running lines right now. Can he take to dirt and Del Mar?

Good Magic may be a Maiden, but certainly hasn't embarrassed himself. Wouldn't be a shock if he ran his eyeballs out.

Not real sure what to think of Firenze Fire and Free Drop Billy other than they won't be in the top 2 of any ticket I play.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: