Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-06-2020, 07:25 AM   #1
lamboguy

Deaths are way down with the corona

basically there are only about 1000 people a day dying from the corona....

the main reason is because of the medical field learning more about the virus. doctors no longer place people in self induced comma's

but we still don't know that much about this rotten apple. what i do is try to follow the similarities between the corona and polio.. polio either killed your or paralyzed your ass. sometimes it took months and years to get you.... the same thing has to be the case with this one.. there is already evidence that people develop neurological disorders...

here's your bottom line. if you want to go around thinking that this is nothing buy an irritating virus that doesn't kill that many and the risk is so small that you don't have to pay attention to it, you are quite mistaken. this has the potential to bring this whole country down if we don't lick it fast.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 09:44 AM   #2
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

the main reason is because of the medical field learning more about the virus. doctors no longer place people in self induced comma's

but we still don't know that much about this rotten apple. what i do is try to follow the similarities between the corona and polio.. polio either killed your or paralyzed your ass. sometimes it took months and years to get you.... the same thing has to be the case with this one.. there is already evidence that people develop neurological disorders...

here's your bottom line. if you want to go around thinking that this is nothing buy an irritating virus that doesn't kill that many and the risk is so small that you don't have to pay attention to it, you are quite mistaken. this has the potential to bring this whole country down if we don't lick it fast.
Yes, of course. We should all cower in fear and dig foxholes and hide in them, until this nasty virus takes off to Mars.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:05 AM   #3
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

We have licked it. It’s called having the old, underlying and sick lock down and having a medical system that’s not overrun and is able to care for the extremely sick.

Comparing polio to covid-19 is sort of an apples to oranges comparison. Covid-19 transmission is primarily through the air. Polio transmission, like cholera, is through the fecal-oral route of contaminated food or water caused by poor sanitation. These days the drinking water and sanitation (in developed countries), is better. The polio vaccine works but it’s not 100% — the most effective method is washing your hands and living in a developed country. As far as waiting for a covid-19 vaccine, don’t hold your breath. Waiting for it is simply delaying the inevitable, which , among other things, deprives our children of a childhood(I thought it was the parents who sacrificed for the children, not the other way around?). The flu vaccine, for example, has an effectiveness of between 15% and 60% , the range being because the most common flu vaccine contains multiple flus. Let’s be positive and say that the new covid-19 vaccine is 75% effective and then everyone gets vaccinated. What happens then? Everyone goes back to “normal,” right? Everyone goes go back to the theaters, movie houses, restaurants , large family gatherings, etc. If people do that, won’t there be 10-times more covid-19 in the air, at least? And with 25% of the people still susceptible, there will be more infections, not less.

The experts are saying that even with the vaccine, people will still have to social distance and not gather in large groups. Well that’s like saying we never go back to normal. This for an virus that has an infection fatality ratio of 0.003% for those under 70 years of age. That’s like betting on a horse that’s 33,333 to 1. How many of those tickets have you cashed?
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #4
mrhorseplayer

Thinning the heard
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 10:21 AM   #5
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
We have licked it. It’s called having the old, underlying and sick lock down and having a medical system that’s not overrun and is able to care for the extremely sick.

Comparing polio to covid-19 is sort of an apples to oranges comparison. Covid-19 transmission is primarily through the air. Polio transmission, like cholera, is through the fecal-oral route of contaminated food or water caused by poor sanitation. These days the drinking water and sanitation (in developed countries), is better. The polio vaccine works but it’s not 100% — the most effective method is washing your hands and living in a developed country. As far as waiting for a covid-19 vaccine, don’t hold your breath. Waiting for it is simply delaying the inevitable, which , among other things, deprives our children of a childhood(I thought it was the parents who sacrificed for the children, not the other way around?). The flu vaccine, for example, has an effectiveness of between 15% and 60% , the range being because the most common flu vaccine contains multiple flus. Let’s be positive and say that the new covid-19 vaccine is 75% effective and then everyone gets vaccinated. What happens then? Everyone goes back to “normal,” right? Everyone goes go back to the theaters, movie houses, restaurants , large family gatherings, etc. If people do that, won’t there be 10-times more covid-19 in the air, at least? And with 25% of the people still susceptible, there will be more infections, not less.

The experts are saying that even with the vaccine, people will still have to social distance and not gather in large groups. Well that’s like saying we never go back to normal. This for an virus that has an infection fatality ratio of 0.003% for those under 70 years of age. That’s like betting on a horse that’s 33,333 to 1. How many of those tickets have you cashed?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 497e69c060.jpg (71.0 KB, 2 views)
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 12:30 PM   #6
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

Is there any evidence that prior corona viruses have caused devastating problems to a significant percentage of the population due to down-the-road complications?

Have we really "licked" any of the viruses?

How many people have developed neurological disorders? How old are they? Do they have underlying conditions?
Old 10-06-2020, 01:02 PM   #7
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Is there any evidence that prior corona viruses have caused devastating problems to a significant percentage of the population due to down-the-road complications?

How many people have developed neurological disorders? How old are they? Do they have underlying conditions?
As far as I could tell, the chronic conditions are primarily in people with underlying conditions, and really are lucky to be alive.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/8/20-0679_article
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 01:05 PM   #8
davew

It still must be bad because DeBlasio is going to shut down the parts of the city he does not like. We do not need restaurants nor movies anymore.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 01:21 PM   #9
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Or Jews, it seems like sometimes.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 01:33 PM   #10
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post

For me, I've had mild to moderate fatigue for 6 months on more days than not. Rashes on arm, hand. For months I had a productive cough morning, noon and night. (Dry cough during covid illness)

This virus does have effects down the line, no question about it. But you deal with it like an adult and move on.

Only pre existing condition I have is a mild autoimmune thing, but it's never been an issue outside of allergies

When trump says don't let the virus run your life, i know EXACTLY where he's coming from. You deal with the issue and move forward in life.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 10-06-2020 at 01:35 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 01:54 PM   #11
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Exactly.

While I am amazingly healthy (example: blood pressure 118/78 without meds) I am the guy above because of my age and mild diabetes.

Guess what? At the end of my day (or life) I am responsible for my own quarantine habits.

While I am not ready to sign up for death squads, there is no need to destroy the country to protect me and others like me.

If/when the Dems win, you watch how quickly the country magically gets back to normal.

They rule the country via social media already.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 02:00 PM   #12
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
For me, I've had mild to moderate fatigue for 6 months on more days than not. Rashes on arm, hand. For months I had a productive cough morning, noon and night. (Dry cough during covid illness)

This virus does have effects down the line, no question about it. But you deal with it like an adult and move on.

Only pre existing condition I have is a mild autoimmune thing, but it's never been an issue outside of allergies

When trump says don't let the virus run your life, i know EXACTLY where he's coming from. You deal with the issue and move forward in life.
Exactly!

And who would want to live out the rest of their days in perpetual fear of dying from covid!? Is that really living!?
Old 10-06-2020, 02:03 PM   #13
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Exactly.

While I am amazingly healthy (example: blood pressure 118/78 without meds) I am the guy above because of my age and mild diabetes.

Guess what? At the end of my day (or life) I am responsible for my own quarantine habits.

While I am not ready to sign up for death squads, there is no need to destroy the country to protect me and others like me.

If/when the Dems win, you watch how quickly the country magically gets back to normal.

I used to think the same way. But too many dimwit leaders obviously enjoy their dictatorships and lording it over the masses.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:07 PM   #14
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Exactly.

The above post would probably have been taken down or marked with a warning on Facebook or Twitter. Fear rules over common sense.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #15
Marshall Bennett

400 deaths yesterday, and about the same the day before.
About 10,000 fewer new cases than average. Radical commie media continues to say its getting worse. New lock-downs re-ordered in many leftist areas, and businesses ordered to close.
These people are insane. They're outright lying to their viewers. What's disturbing is many believe them.
One of their favorite claims...over 40 states have a rise in new cases. Well yeah, shocking all 50 don't. Any reported new case is a rise....duhhh!!

Last edited by Marshall Bennett; 10-06-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply