Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-07-2020, 04:17 PM   #1036
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
If a miracle occurs and Trump wins, nobody is burning anything...not in any meaningful way anyway.

Maybe a little bit of a PART II of what we saw this summer...but that's about it...not really THAT big a deal.
I really hope you are right.

Meanwhile, we'll remain locked & loaded.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2020, 06:49 AM   #1037
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
If I am understanding you right, you are upset about what Trump said; that it might be overstated?

What I see is that -- all things considered - Trump has kept more promises than any President in my lifetime.
Do I like the way he talks? Of course not.

If the man was even remotely presidential, he'd not be out there telling the leader of a foreign nation to F-himself before he was even in office.

BUT... he has improved so much in this country and that is especially true of the promises made ad nauseam by the left-wing leaders in the past 20 years. This is especially true when they were in the White house.

Simply put, Trump has raised the standards of minorities like no President in my memory. That includes the almighty Obama - one who was so full of promises and, yet, at the end of 8 years, where was minority unemployment?
Now, just to be clear - I am actually PRO LIBERAL -- in the sense that our system of government demands BOTH SIDES be functional parties.

The democratic party is currently highly dysfunctional. They have (essentially) declared war on the American way of life.

Not sure which will result in the worst outcome - A democratic win in November or a loss.
If they win, the will sink the country.

If the lose, they will burn the country.
Respectfully, I must say that by comparison, the fact that you don't like what Trump said is just fly droppings compared to the rest of it.

Just my opinion.
And I don't like my opinion.
But it does seem to represent reality.
Which promises has Trump kept Dave, as I recall three of the biggest promises during his campaign were

1)Mexico WILL pay for the wall............................FAIL

2) I will release my taxes----------------------FAIL

3) I will replace the ACA with my health plan IMMEDIATELY after I take office-----------------------------------------FAIL

Again, his trade war with China has done absolutely nothing for America or the AMerican Consumer

The Nafta replacement looks good on paper.....one plus for him, but time will tell with that

The fact that you suggest Dems will sink the country is laughable, just as it would be if I said Republicans will sink the country. it will not happen. You know what maybe could sink this country, politics and politicians in general. The only way AMerica can be sunk is with the continued division and vitriol. I can see from your tone that you have completely bought in, and that my friend, is what can doom us all.

Last edited by mhaney0423; 10-08-2020 at 06:53 AM.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2020, 08:54 AM   #1038
davew

his biggest not yet kept

1- lock her up
2 - drain the swamp
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2020, 09:06 AM   #1039
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Which promises has Trump kept Dave, as I recall three of the biggest promises during his campaign were

1)Mexico WILL pay for the wall............................FAIL

2) I will release my taxes----------------------FAIL

3) I will replace the ACA with my health plan IMMEDIATELY after I take office-----------------------------------------FAIL

Again, his trade war with China has done absolutely nothing for America or the AMerican Consumer

The Nafta replacement looks good on paper.....one plus for him, but time will tell with that

The fact that you suggest Dems will sink the country is laughable, just as it would be if I said Republicans will sink the country. it will not happen. You know what maybe could sink this country, politics and politicians in general. The only way AMerica can be sunk is with the continued division and vitriol. I can see from your tone that you have completely bought in, and that my friend, is what can doom us all.
He also promised that many on the left would suffer severe bouts of TDS while he was president and your post proves that he succeeded in doing that.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #1040
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Sorry, you did some fine 20/20 hindsight on what you claimed

"........Gee I didn't really say...."Deaths in the US have been declining steadily for weeks" instead you meant "ONLY NYS OR NYC were declining " .

We can argue what you really meant for ever, but the only way you can demonstrate how well your model(s) work, as in handicapping, is by going forward. I am not expecting an accurate number, but an estimate. Let's compare that to the main stream epidemiological estimated projections.

Some of which are quite disturbing.
Now I understand why people here are so harsh on you. You have no interest in truth. You are just a politically motived spinner.

If you weren't behaving like a pinhead al the time, you could have been looking at the model for the last 5 months and seen how right it has been right all along.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #1041
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Now I understand ...
NOW??
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #1042
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
He also promised that many on the left would suffer severe bouts of TDS while he was president and your post proves that he succeeded in doing that.
If that's all you have to offer the discussion, then why bother?
Old 10-08-2020, 10:37 AM   #1043
tucker6

Quote:
If that's all you have to offer the discussion, then why bother?
What did you offer us? Nothing but TDS.

At least be honest and somewhat evenhanded when you post. How about reducing govt red tape? How about bringing mfg jobs back to America? How about ending America being the doormat for the world? How about nominating conservatives to the courts? Not starting new wars?

Did you forget those and many more??

Last edited by tucker6; 10-08-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:42 AM   #1044
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
What did you offer us? Nothing but TDS.
Really, which of those promises that I listed has he kept. It is not "TDS" if it is fact. Rather than offering nothing, perhaps you would like to explain to me how Mexico has paid for the wall? Maybe you can tell me why are Trumps taxes still unreleased? Maybe you can tell me where the Trump healthplan to replace the ACA is?

Wait, you can't tell me, because they, like many other things that come out of the mans mouth are lies. Rather than using the sad TDS excuse, why don't you tell me how my statements are wrong?
Old 10-08-2020, 10:49 AM   #1045
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Now I understand why people here are so harsh on you. You have no interest in truth. You are just a politically motived spinner.

If you weren't behaving like a pinhead al the time, you could have been looking at the model for the last 5 months and seen how right it has been right all along.
Why can't you can put your mouth where your "model" is? What is stopping you from a projection? I am sure your Nobel prize laureate, and associates have something to say.

And I am sure it will downplay the standard epidemiological projections being considered.

I get it now. You, and your speculative contrary "premises" along with the PA crew, PA, Kabong, tucker, and all the other amateur fringe epidemiologists are absolutely convinced.......

The main stream media has been lying to everyone, all of these respected orgs. fave been corrupted and now controlled by George Sorosx, Bill Gates, and the "deep state" OUT TO GET, who else but TRUMP.

Correct however?

Let's see.....

Johns Hopkins,

Centers For Disease Control

United States Environmental Protection Agency

United States Food and Drug Administration

United States Department of Health and Human Services:
National Institutes of Health

United Nations Development Program

World Health Organization World Health Organization.

And all universities with departments of infectious diseases

Now another respected medical journal has fallen.

OMG!!

Prestigious medical journal calls for US leadership to be voted out over Covid-19 failure
Prestigious medical journal calls for US leadership to be voted out over Covid-19 failure

(CNN)In an unprecedented move, the New England Journal of Medicine on Wednesday published an editorial written by its editors condemning the Trump administration for its response to the Covid-19 pandemic -- and calling for the current leadership in the United States to be voted out of office.
Poll: Majority of Americans embarrassed by US pandemic response

Poll: Majority of Americans embarrassed by US pandemic response 01:41
"We rarely publish editorials signed by all the editors," said Dr. Eric Rubin, editor-in-chief of the medical journal and an author of the new editorial.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:56 AM   #1046
tucker6

Quote:
Really, which of those promises that I listed has he kept. It is not "TDS" if it is fact. Rather than offering nothing, perhaps you would like to explain to me how Mexico has paid for the wall? Maybe you can tell me why are Trumps taxes still unreleased? Maybe you can tell me where the Trump healthplan to replace the ACA is?

Wait, you can't tell me, because they, like many other things that come out of the mans mouth are lies. Rather than using the sad TDS excuse, why don't you tell me how my statements are wrong?
You were too quick. I added examples.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #1047
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Again, I actually agree with most of what you say above. The issue I have is, Trump also knows what you say, probably even moreso than you, unless you are much wealthier than I imagine. That is OK, I can live with someone who has a lot more money recieving better healthcare. My point is, dont tell the rest of the country not to worry because you came through it fine WITH ALL OF THE HEATHCARE YOUR MONEY CAN BUY! Do you not see the issue with this?
OK then, Eintstein, 'splain to us all why, when Obama had both houses of congress and implement Obama care, they did NOT give us all the exact same health care policies that THEY all enjoyed?

Rhetorical qustin - no one rally care what another lightweight DNC parrot has to say.

You want a cracker, cracker?
Old 10-08-2020, 11:22 AM   #1048
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
If a miracle occurs and Trump wins, nobody is burning anything...not in any meaningful way anyway.

Maybe a little bit of a PART II of what we saw this summer...but that's about it...not really THAT big a deal.

Besides, Soros is gonna run out of money for these shenanigans at one point or another. He's a businessman at heart. He's not going to keep throwing good money after bad. That in and of itself will do much to quell any potential riots.
It would be really helpful to the world if the SOB caught COVID.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #1049
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
OK then, Eintstein, 'splain to us all why, when Obama had both houses of congress and implement Obama care, they did NOT give us all the exact same health care policies that THEY all enjoyed?

Rhetorical qustin - no one rally care what another lightweight DNC parrot has to say.

Weak sauce man, there you go again, typing out something you would not say to my face. Does it make you feel strong?
Old 10-08-2020, 11:28 AM   #1050
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

E-I-N-S-T-E-I-N,....

Einstein.