Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 02:17 PM   #3991
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
That is an ad hominem attack and an invitation to a quarrel, the other definition of argument. Is that what you want? If so then say so. I will not participate.
No, you are duplicitous and forever equivocating -- always moving the goal posts. I call 'em the way I see 'em. You have constantly tried to sway this exchange away from the crux of the matter, i.e. whether or not Christ existed or not, and whether any ancient source disputed or denied Christ's existence. You have tried to steer the conversation away from that narrow topic once I made it clear that the Gnostics did believe Christ existed -- their writings ("gospels") make this very clear. You have tried to steer the conversation to Christian theology because the Gnostics don't believe as Evangelical Christians do. You have tried to steer the conversation to events or lack thereof in Christ's life, which have nothing to do with whether or not he existed. You have tried to get me to defend the Gnostic heresy of Dualism since the Gnostics believe Christ existed in spirit form as opposed to human form. But I have your number. I know how you operate. I'm staying on topic. You can do what you want if you don't like my opinion of your tactics.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #3992
boxcar

Quote:
And which is not my belief. End of story.
Neither do you believe what the Gnostics believe either. And in either case, this is your problem, not mine.

You still haven't produced an ancient source who disputed the existence of Christ. End of story.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:25 PM   #3993
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No, you are duplicitous and forever equivocating -- always moving the goal posts. I call 'em the way I see 'em. You have constantly tried to sway this exchange away from the crux of the matter, i.e. whether or not Christ existed or not, and whether any ancient source disputed or denied Christ's existence. You have tried to steer the conversation away from that narrow topic once I made it clear that the Gnostics did believe Christ existed -- their writings ("gospels") make this very clear. You have tried to steer the conversation to Christian theology because the Gnostics don't believe as Evangelical Christians do. You have tried to steer the conversation to events or lack thereof in Christ's life, which have nothing to do with whether or not he existed. You have tried to get me to defend the Gnostic heresy of Dualism since the Gnostics believe Christ existed in spirit form as opposed to human form. But I have your number. I know how you operate. I'm staying on topic. You can do what you want if you don't like my opinion of your tactics.
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. - Proverbs 15:1
Old 09-26-2017, 09:27 AM   #3994
boxcar

Quote:
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. - Proverbs 15:1
We might be making progress. At least you didn't deny anything I said in my last post.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #3995
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
We might be making progress. At least you didn't deny anything I said in my last post.
Right now I just want to end the quarrel. Until then I neither deny nor affirm anything. That's on hold as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:31 PM   #3996
boxcar

Quote:
Right now I just want to end the quarrel. Until then I neither deny nor affirm anything. That's on hold as far as I'm concerned.
I had no idea we were quarreling.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:24 AM   #3997
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I had no idea we were quarreling.
I suppose it's a matter of point of view. Faced with ad hominem attacks I try not to respond in kind.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:12 PM   #3998
boxcar

Quote:
I suppose it's a matter of point of view. Faced with ad hominem attacks I try not to respond in kind.
What you call "ad hominem attacks", I call truthful accusations.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #3999
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
What you call "ad hominem attacks", I call truthful accusations.
So I'm on trial?
Old 09-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #4000
boxcar

Quote:
So I'm on trial?
Have you done anything criminal or worthy of a civil suit?
Old 09-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #4001
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Have you done anything criminal or worthy of a civil suit?
Have you?
Old 09-27-2017, 05:28 PM   #4002
boxcar

Quote:
Have you?
Very strange question considering you asked earlier of yourself, "So I'm on trial"?
Old 09-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #4003
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Very strange question considering you asked earlier of yourself, "So I'm on trial"?
Sorry but you don't seem to understand the question which was directed at you. Allow me to rephrase. Do you consider this thread to be a trial where I am the accused and you are the prosecution, judge and jury?
Old 09-27-2017, 09:01 PM   #4004
boxcar

Quote:
Sorry but you don't seem to understand the question which was directed at you. Allow me to rephrase. Do you consider this thread to be a trial where I am the accused and you are the prosecution, judge and jury?
Do you consider yourself to be a wee bit paranoid? Perhaps because you have a guilty conscience?

But since you seem to be in fear of judgment, especially by me, you should know that the day is coming when all the saints of God will sit in judgment with Christ of all creation, including the angels (1Cor 6:1-3)? That day you should fear for there will be no "loopholes" (if you don't mind me borrowing one of your very own terms) through which any unbeliever will be able to slip.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:42 AM   #4005
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
… you should know that the day is coming when all the saints of God will sit in judgment with Christ of all creation, including the angels (1Cor 6:1-3)? That day you should fear for there will be no "loopholes" (if you don't mind me borrowing one of your very own terms) through which any unbeliever will be able to slip.
The flip side is that believers get to live forever in a paradise. Either way, believer or non-believer, the problem with this hypothesis is that there is absolutely no way to test it short of dying.

Christianity (and religion in general) has all the hallmarks of a scam.
  • Too good to be true.
  • Hazy on details. 30,000 different interpretations.
  • Uncharted territory. You can only collect by dying.
America has many megachurches where tens of thousands of people come every week and give their money away so people like Joel Osteen can live in mansions. I think the early Christian leaders had the same motive.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: