Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-13-2016, 10:55 PM   #1
zico20

GOP Debate SC

Wow, where to begin. It looked to me that Trump was tanking on purpose. He was awful tonight. He was booed non stop and acted like an arrogant blowhard. He attacked Cruz and Bush in ways that were very unpresidential. His last debate he was civil and calm, just the opposite tonight. He may have well just blown the nomination.

I said Rubio was horrible last time, but tonight he was incredible. He got the loudest applause and was very knowledgeable. He made the comment no supreme court justice has been approved in 80 years during an election year, just what I pointed out in a different post. By far the best performance.

Cruz and Trump sounded like spoiled brats fighting each other. Cruz did not help his cause one bit tonight. His fighting with Trump made both look like losers.

Bush sounded timid and after his last debate, which was very solid, he was very off tonight. He lost all momentum he may have had.

Carson did well, but he has no chance.

Kasich had a very strong night. He stayed positive while the others duked it out.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:02 PM   #2
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
Wow, where to begin. It looked to me that Trump was tanking on purpose. He was awful tonight. He was booed non stop and acted like an arrogant blowhard. He attacked Cruz and Bush in ways that were very unpresidential. His last debate he was civil and calm, just the opposite tonight. He may have well just blown the nomination.
The crowd was loaded with sponsors of candidates and therefore Trump was booed as he's self financing.
I saw Trump scoring some hard hits, rather than receiving them.
The only mistake he made was interrupting others when they were rebutting.
Otherwise, I felt Rubio is going to be Trump's main threat.
Kasich, Bush, and Carson should bow out.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2016, 11:10 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Rubio is the main threat to all of us.
Hey, it was cBS....the crown could have been all cBS employees for all we know.

Let's settle this like real men....a Hell in a Cell CAGE MATCH!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1474.jpg (23.0 KB, 104 views)
Old 02-13-2016, 11:28 PM   #4
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
The crowd was loaded with sponsors of candidates and therefore Trump was booed as he's self financing.
I saw Trump scoring some hard hits, rather than receiving them.
The only mistake he made was interrupting others when they were rebutting.
Otherwise, I felt Rubio is going to be Trump's main threat.
Kasich, Bush, and Carson should bow out.
You are correct about the crowd, however, for anybody watching the GOP debate for the first time, he came across horribly. His facial expressions and demeanor were down right awful. Now, I have watched all the debates and only one other time did I say Trump didn't do very well. The other seven I said Trump did okay to well, so this isn't an anti Trump crusade. In fact, I have never put Trump down in any post on here, so this, IMO, is a very objective analysis. Any Trump supporter should be worried.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:51 PM   #5
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
That depends on what your definition of "self-financing" is.

A lot of the money Trump is putting out is in the form of loans to his campaign. Details will come out in the April election filings, but reports are that he has already loaned his campaign over $12 million.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #6
Greyfox

Time Magazine Poll for tonight's debate.

Six Republican presidential candidates took to the stage for a debate Saturday night in South Carolina. Who do you think won?

Donald Trump 66 %

Ted Cruz 5 %

Jeb Bush 6 %

John Kasich 8 %

Marco Rubi 13 %

Ben Carson 2 %

http://time.com/4220703/republican-d...a-poll-survey/
Old 02-13-2016, 11:59 PM   #7
Greyfox

Fox News Poll for tonight's debate.

Donald Trump 76.71% (4,134 votes)

Marco Rubiio 8.37% (451 votes)

Ted Cruz 4.55% (245 votes)

Ben Carson 3.62% (195 votes)

John Kasich 3.6% (194 votes)

Jeb Bush 3.15% (170 votes)

http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/02/13/p...th-gop-debate/
Old 02-14-2016, 12:00 AM   #8
fast4522

I do not think any of the 6 that are left can escape not performing to expectations for a debate. I thought Jeb Bush came out swinging and landed a few but overall sounded a tad whiny. It was nice to see Dr Ben Carson not napping, just a chuckle because I like his answers. The debate itself was somewhat boring for me because nothing was new or hit out of the park. I think Donald Trump was himself though the format of the debate did nothing for him. Marco Rubio has the bruising from the previous debate gone, although nothing new added. In a positive I thought John Kasich looked and sounded more comfortable, my expectation is the governor will finish close to the 3 spot but 4th ahead of Bush in SC. So looking to how they finish in SC, Jeb Bush is logical to be in the money, but I see him pulling up and out of the superfecta. Everything depends on how these six guys campaign next week, this debate will be forgotten fast.

I look forward to seeing other reviews.

Last edited by fast4522; 02-14-2016 at 12:01 AM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 12:02 AM   #9
Greyfox

Drudge Report Voting on Tonight's Debate

TRUMP 59.23% (97,034 votes)

CRUZ 20.07% (32,883 votes)

RUBIO 10.79% (17,683 votes)

KASICH 4.57% (7,481 votes)

BUSH 2.89% (4,731 votes)

CARSON 2.45% (4,012 votes)

http://www.drudgereport.com/nowscd.htm
Old 02-14-2016, 12:20 AM   #10
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
That depends on what your definition of "self-financing" is.

A lot of the money Trump is putting out is in the form of loans to his campaign. Details will come out in the April election filings, but reports are that he has already loaned his campaign over $12 million.
I believe that is the only way you can get around the contribution limit in self financing campaigns.Trump the citizen can only directly contribute $2700 to Trump the candidate so he has to loan himself the rest.I also believe there is an interest rate based on a formula,so it can't be an interest free loan.If I am incorrect the about this, please post.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 01:14 AM   #11
iwearpurple

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44
I believe that is the only way you can get around the contribution limit in self financing campaigns.Trump the citizen can only directly contribute $2700 to Trump the candidate so he has to loan himself the rest.I also believe there is an interest rate based on a formula,so it can't be an interest free loan.If I am incorrect the about this, please post.
I believe that the candidate himself has no limit as to how much he can contribute to his own campaign.
iwearpurple is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 05:22 AM   #12
lamboguy

make no mistake about it, that crowd last night in the audience was hand picked by the REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE. those guys don't want to respect what the great people of this country want. shame on CBS for allowing them to get away with this. if they had any guts they would have canceled that hatchet job in the name of fair journalism. they bowed out to the establishment and got bought by the creeps that put us in this mess to start out with for the money.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 06:15 AM   #13
hcap

Attention all PA cons.

No chance next November no matter how you gents set up the deck chairs
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 09:30 AM   #14
magwell

HCAP I must say you do come with good material much better than most of your friends The HAG on that boat must be down in the bilges ....

Last edited by magwell; 02-14-2016 at 09:35 AM.
magwell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #15
banacek

There have been several voluntary response polls listed on this thread. All are meaningless and any of the candidates who think they mean something should be eliminated from consideration - that would be all candidates on both sides. There is no statistical validity. A proper poll goes to the people - the people don't go to it.

Any first years stats student knows this. If you need further evidence, how about John Scott being voted captain of the NHL all star team or how about this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/enter...88K0U820120921
Your little winning streak
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply