Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-25-2017, 09:46 AM   #61
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Can we add "Constantly bringing up the demise of the NYRA TV Channel" as a demerit?
If we do, I respectfully ask for proper notice before imbibing a demerit.

If I don't know it's against the rules, I might violate the rules. I'm sure one would understand my position.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #62
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Is there a leaderboard someplace?
I love this idea. Keep a running total front and center when you login.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 12:01 PM   #63
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Is there anyway you could run "roboboot" against the last, say, 200 posts of each member and take a running tally....then post the results for all to see, a type of public shaming to expose the top offenders... Might have some surprising results....the same standard of "bad behavior" would be appraised for all....
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #64
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

My excuse will always be that Irad Ortiz is riding me.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 01:11 PM   #65
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe View Post
I love this idea. Keep a running total front and center when you login.
No! Then we'd have people wanting to get flagged and racking up points.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 05:58 PM   #66
whodoyoulike
Veteran

I really don't like this because I usually write the way I talk.

You may not believe this but, I've actually "disagreed" with a few on here. The disagreements were never initiated by me but I've never been shy about expressing my opinions and may have pointed out a few errors of the ones I'm in disagreement.

Btw, I'll treat others the same way they treat me.

Or, is the reason for this change because of Tom?
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 10:52 PM   #67
banacek

If it's retroactive, I might start posting here again.
Your little winning streak
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #68
showonly

IMO This was not well conceived. It will will accomplish something other than it's intended agenda. I with certainty can say that almost everyone who chimes in on the new "fico" system of behavior on a public forum will have never been a negative to this forum in their own minds. First you warn and then you take action. This action is accompanied by additional warning of following actions.
showonly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2017, 02:04 PM   #69
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by showonly View Post
IMO This was not well conceived. It will will accomplish something other than it's intended agenda. I with certainty can say that almost everyone who chimes in on the new "fico" system of behavior on a public forum will have never been a negative to this forum in their own minds. First you warn and then you take action. This action is accompanied by additional warning of following actions.
I'm not understanding how you can state much, with certainty, when you've only posted here 39 times. Mike has given a gazillion warnings. Things get heated and they spiral, horribly, at times. My thought on this is that it may prove too consuming for him and the moderators. We will see soon.

The new upgrade added one info bite everyone may not be aware of yet that may prove as an assistant in helping the moderators. Many of us, including myself, have experienced moments of disagreement with one poster or another. Often, when doing so, we click on that individual's name at the bottom of the page, go to their profile page and read their recent posts. (I've done this when logging back in, as well as reading the continued conversation.) This could be done privately. .... Not any more.

If you click on a user's profile, you're there. You're then listed as a "visitor" to their page. This, alone, can help to right or check our behavior towards others here. Granted we may have simply checked a profile when someone's been gone for a long period of time--to see when they last posted. Still, our names are left in the "visitor's box".

There's comfort in "The Road Less Traveled." I've only had two visitors.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #70
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
... If you click on a user's profile, you're there. You're then listed as a "visitor" to their page. This, alone, can help to right or check our behavior towards others here. Granted we may have simply checked a profile when someone's been gone for a long period of time--to see when they last posted. Still, our names are left in the "visitor's box".

Is this a plea for more visitors?

How about coming back in a week with an updated number?

And, I'm not going to get into it with you in any topic on here because you're one of the sharpest wits on this board. I don't want to appear any more ignorant than I am when it's completely unnecessary on my part.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 03-26-2017 at 03:38 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #71
showonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
I'm not understanding how you can state much, with certainty, when you've only posted here 39 times. Mike has given a gazillion warnings. Things get heated and they spiral, horribly, at times. My thought on this is that it may prove too consuming for him and the moderators. We will see soon.

The new upgrade added one info bite everyone may not be aware of yet that may prove as an assistant in helping the moderators. Many of us, including myself, have experienced moments of disagreement with one poster or another. Often, when doing so, we click on that individual's name at the bottom of the page, go to their profile page and read their recent posts. (I've done this when logging back in, as well as reading the continued conversation.) This could be done privately. .... Not any more.

If you click on a user's profile, you're there. You're then listed as a "visitor" to their page. This, alone, can help to right or check our behavior towards others here. Granted we may have simply checked a profile when someone's been gone for a long period of time--to see when they last posted. Still, our names are left in the "visitor's box".

I can state with certainty because of the common nature of problems facing anonymous forums. The principal or big two being personal attack and non-relevant posts. There are different sub-sets of non-relevant or "off topic" posts I.E.spammers. It is not a problem to identify the problem posts or problem posters. It is what action the site deems appropriate that determines the effect these posts have on the environment. I am going to stipulate to your statement "Mike has given a gazillion warnings". This leads me to hypothesize Mike's warnings have no teeth. Do any of you remember in professional wrestling when a competitor would choke the opponent. While doing this the referee would count and if the choke time reached 5 seconds the transgressor would be disqualified. Needless to say that never occurred but a duration of 4 seconds was reached on every occasion. I have no idea who Mike is but will say in his defense that suspending and barring patrons can be a double edged sword. IMO The point system will abused like the optic that was presented to wrestling fans. JMO
showonly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2017, 06:33 PM   #72
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
Is this a plea for more visitors?
NO!! Whodo, it's not.

I'm not prone to pleading. That is, not unless:

1. It's an emergency situation involving health and safety.

2. My pick is all out to cross the wire first.

And you've never been ignorant on this board. Don't be silly...
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2017, 11:12 PM   #73
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

I'm Canadian...so if I am issued 1 point in US, that is 1.35 with exchange and breakage. I'll need to be extra careful
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2017, 11:39 PM   #74
jimmyb

"And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand."
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2017, 10:18 AM   #75
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

How about a sub-forum called the Fight Club, or the Penalty Box, where threads that get overheated get moved to, or started? Let 'em have at it!
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply