Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-28-2016, 01:34 AM   #46
Stillriledup
Veteran

Hardens 35 was the quietest 35 in nba playoff history.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 04:08 PM   #47
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
The advantage they have right now is nobody is giving them a chance, they're a 2pt home dog for game 5, it's really about how well Austin rivers plays if he's really good they can actually win, if he stinks they'll get blown out.

Another advantage they have is if Portland reads the news reports and just figured they have to show up. Clips have virtually zero chance to win game 6, so they have to win both home games to win the series.

Funny how golden state gets another easy opponent their first 2 playoff series wins will be against teams who are essentially not even playoff teams. They'll have to earn it though since their last two opponents are going to be very good.

My gut is Portland will win series, clips just aren't built to fight through this. If they lose game 5 in ugly fashion the line for game 6 can't be high enough.
Out of curiousity,was the Clippers/Portland game even on TV? I never saw it anywhere.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 04:23 PM   #48
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Out of curiousity,was the Clippers/Portland game even on TV? I never saw it anywhere.
It was on NBA TV.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 08:27 PM   #49
Stillriledup
Veteran

Surest bet in sports history is Portland on the money line at -600 in game 6

This is the definition of free money
Old 05-02-2016, 03:12 AM   #50
Stillriledup
Veteran

CJ, any feel on OKC in game 2? I'd love to see a competitive series I'd be shocked if you guys didnt bounce back for a much better showing.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:12 AM   #51
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
CJ, any feel on OKC in game 2? I'd love to see a competitive series I'd be shocked if you guys didnt bounce back for a much better showing.
I feel we'll control the game for the most part, let the Spurs in it late but hang on for the win.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:14 AM   #52
banacek

Last few seconds...okay offensive foul...Ginobli too close?...Durant fouled...maybe 6-7 seconds until ball thrown in. Best refs in professional sports? Nope.
Your little winning streak
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2016, 12:16 AM   #53
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by banacek
Last few seconds...okay offensive foul...Ginobli too close?...Durant fouled...maybe 6-7 seconds until ball thrown in. Best refs in professional sports? Nope.
It all starts with Ginobli who clearly should have been called for a violation. He even stepped out of bounds.

Chris Webber is clueless as usual.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #54
banacek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
It all starts with Ginobli who clearly should have been called for a violation. He even stepped out of bounds.
Didn't see him out of bounds...but let's assume that and the refs miss that..how do the miss the next 3 or 4 things...embarrassingly bad refereeing
Old 05-03-2016, 12:25 AM   #55
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by banacek
Didn't see him out of bounds...but let's assume that and the refs miss that..how do the miss the next 3 or 4 things...embarrassingly bad refereeing
After having season tickets for the last eight years nothing surprises me any longer when it comes to officials. Durant was mugged, probably a five second violation, Waiters pushed off, Manu had a few violations, on and on.

There was one play where Mills caught a pass and took three full steps then stopped. Then he dribbled and shot and of course made it. How do refs miss that? Maybe the game is just too fast. Parker had a blatant double dribble earlier. Durant had an obvious travel they missed too. He jumped and it popped out of his hands, he caught it, and then dribbled again.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:26 AM   #56
Tee

Ginobili did step over the line - very close to a five second violation if it wasn't one to begin with.

Bottom line - was that no call situation or not?

Last edited by Tee; 05-03-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2016, 12:30 AM   #57
banacek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
After having season tickets for the last eight years nothing surprises me any longer when it comes to officials. Durant was mugged, probably a five second violation, Waiters pushed off, Manu had a few violations, on and on.

There was one play where Mills caught a pass and took three full steps then stopped. Then he dribbled and shot and of course made it. How do refs miss that? Maybe the game is just too fast. Parker had a blatant double dribble earlier. Durant had an obvious travel they missed too. He jumped and it popped out of his hands, he caught it, and then dribbled again.
I saw that Mills play...they showed it going to commercial..didn't notice it live, but it seemed obvious on the replay.

The way the refs called (or ignored) the last sequence, not matter what happened and who ended up winning, it was going to end up a mess. Call offensive foul - ok. Call it on Ginobli for contact - ok. Call 5 seconds - ok. Call the foul on Durant - ok. But they have to call something!
Old 05-03-2016, 01:36 AM   #58
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

Spurs players are good for 10 to 15 "travels" per game that aren't called, if you slow down the game on video and watch their feet, there's plenty of extra steps.

crazy game, congrats on the win, the better team won tonight.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:40 AM   #59
lansdale

Wild zebra attack

Once again, the league office steps in after Game 1 made it look like this could be a brief series, and made a call to the refs. The result was, as we've seen before, OKC gets homecooking on the road. However, maybe a one-game suspension of Waiters for the elbow to the throat on the inbound. Overall, I think Bill Simmons summed up the game best.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillSimmo...44184856707075
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2016, 01:58 AM   #60
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

A suspension for THAT? Get real. He pushed off, was hardly an elbow. Flopobli greatly embellished it.

Ginobli should have been called for a delay of game which is a tech. That was the first missed call in the sequence. The rest never happen if they don't blow that one.