Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:52 AM   #5221
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
She didnt have to say they're going to lose, she didnt answer the question that was asked. Just say 'I'd rather not answer that' there's only 2 options, answer the actual question, or plead the 5th, she did nether.
So what is Small Hands campaign mgr saying about the impending ass kicking waiting for him. With The BUsh family pulling strings and all, (lol) Small Hands doesn't stand a shot.

Can't wait for the media to get a hold of the guy after Labor Day. A lot of cons and Indy's won't vote for him as is. His ability to pick up any Kasich or Rubio voters will only get smaller and smaller edging towards November

Small Hands is a dead man walking, politically speaking. He's the GOP's worst nightmare. By the time the media is done with him he'll be more toxic than ever. The riots at his rallies will make the 1968 dem rallies look like keeneland in the spring. No wonder the pubbies want to see ANYONE other than him win the nom.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 01:07 AM   #5222
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
Obviously the question is who do the Rubio supporters vote for between Trump, Cruz and Kasich. In Ohio the Rubio supporters moved to Kasich by a 3-1 margin.
Speaking for me (and my wife probably) it's Kasich. There's no other choice before November.

If Kasich doesn't win the nom, and he won't, I'll be voting for the democratic. First time ever, for me. It'll be the lesser of the evils
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 01:29 AM   #5223
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
So what is Small Hands campaign mgr saying about the impending ass kicking waiting for him. With The BUsh family pulling strings and all, (lol) Small Hands doesn't stand a shot.

Can't wait for the media to get a hold of the guy after Labor Day. A lot of cons and Indy's won't vote for him as is. His ability to pick up any Kasich or Rubio voters will only get smaller and smaller edging towards November

Small Hands is a dead man walking, politically speaking. He's the GOP's worst nightmare. By the time the media is done with him he'll be more toxic than ever. The riots at his rallies will make the 1968 dem rallies look like keeneland in the spring. No wonder the pubbies want to see ANYONE other than him win the nom.
Does Trump make you feel uncomfortable by speaking openly, candidly and abrasively about very sensitive issues? Do we tend to like people who are PC, are everyone's friend, speak glowingly about everyone more than people who 'tell it like they believe it to be'?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 02:05 AM   #5224
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Does Trump make you feel uncomfortable by speaking openly, candidly and abrasively about very sensitive issues? Do we tend to like people who are PC, are everyone's friend, speak glowingly about everyone more than people who 'tell it like they believe it to be'?
#1 No
#2 Yes (WE, the Royal We) but not I.

I have noticed though, that when I ..."tell it like they believe it to be" , that this tends to alienate those I speak with....I'm largely misunderstood...or they think I'm some sort of complainer or trouble-maker. So as I said in another post, I tend to keep my communication with others on a very plain level, mundane things only....Cold one today, huh, Joe! How about them Warriors, Earl? You like your eggs over or sunny side up, Frank? Seems to go better for me this way....

Besides, most people are not really interested in what YOU believe anyway, and I have found most are, like Neitsche said, "just apes of their ideals".... this is especially true of the more opinionated types, , etc,

Many PC liberals are this way...apes of their PC ideals....aping every other trendy they see...hence the tattoos, the nose rings, the purple hair, the I'm white but its more hip to be brown or yellow, or black, so....I'll stick up for muslims cause its trendy..even though I know they treat their women like 3rd class...so what..i'm being PC!

But the conservatives are just as bad....they are just aping another set of ideals....There is still a lot of bias against intelligence in our culture...and we suffer from what's known as the "Tall Poppy Syndrome" Your own flower top isn't supposed to be any prettier or in any way above any one else's...we are all equals...except of course the Sports Figures and Hollywood Figures that we idolize and also ape and go gaga for....

Any one like intelligent Rand Paul who comes around, well he's just plain boring...right? I'll take Rand Paul over Trump anyday....Rand would be 10 times better than Trump...but Rand is unelectable....what does THAT say about the quality of the electorate?

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 03-16-2016 at 02:08 AM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 07:03 AM   #5225
lamboguy

when i grow up i want to be just as smart as Vigors. but until then i will bet and vote for Trump.

but thank you anyway Vigor for pointing out how dumb i really am.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 07:33 AM   #5226
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Obviously the question is who do the Rubio supporters vote for between Trump, Cruz and Kasich.
Yes, those 5 votes can be vital don the road.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:27 AM   #5227
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Yes, those 5 votes can be vital don the road.
... married to the Dolphins cheerleader, nice family, elected to US senate at 40...I think he'll be fine...he should go work in the private sector for 5 or 6 yrs, then run for gov of FL....then take another shot at prez.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 08:29 AM   #5228
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
when i grow up i want to be just as smart as Vigors. but until then i will bet and vote for Trump.

but thank you anyway Vigor for pointing out how dumb i really am.
On PaddyPower, Dem now slightly more favored to win in the fall than two days ago. What's your site showing (can't remember what you use)?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 08:50 AM   #5229
lamboguy

THEGREEK.COM has had this election off the board for almost 6 weeks now. there are other places that have the democrats as high as 5/2 favorites. but you can't get down for big money on those lines and they are in betting markets.

the only hypothetical polls that i know that are very accurate are that Trump wins New Hampshire big and Mass. close. the caveat to this is that those are 2 very unique states where you have people that haven't voted since Reagan and are coming out of the woodwork to vote for Trump, also they never had Kasich in the mix and he might also have a real good shot in these 2 states. i highly doubt that Cruz has any chance in either state.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 09:20 AM   #5230
banacek

This is a good site for comparing the odds from different bookmakers:

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/...on-2016/winner
Your little winning streak
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #5231
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
... married to the Dolphins cheerleader, nice family, elected to US senate at 40...I think he'll be fine...he should go work in the private sector for 5 or 6 yrs, then run for gov of FL....then take another shot at prez.
I must say, as early as 4 years ago, I touted him as odds on to get the nomination. (Of course, I didn't count the entrance of a circus clown, who is receiving world wide ridicule & opprobrium)

Getting back, Rubio looked and sounded like the real deal, but once he hit the campaign trail, he wilted- badly! He did not have the right stuff in either promoting himself or fending off attacks and I imagine, that he's highly embarassed about his performance.

Back down the road, with more experience in the bag? Hmmmm....dunno. In this digital age, when you simply wet your pants on stage while donnybrooking it up with the lads (like a certain Texas Gov), THAT gets replayed endlessly.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #5232
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

You might be the new Elysian around here...he made bold predictions too...about the mighty Rubio...poor Marco...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #5233
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
If Kasich doesn't win the nom, and he won't, I'll be voting for the democratic. First time ever, for me. It'll be the lesser of the evils
How fitting.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:02 AM   #5234
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
I must say, as early as 4 years ago, I touted him as odds on to get the nomination. (Of course, I didn't count the entrance of a circus clown, who is receiving world wide ridicule & opprobrium)

Getting back, Rubio looked and sounded like the real deal, but once he hit the campaign trail, he wilted- badly! He did not have the right stuff in either promoting himself or fending off attacks and I imagine, that he's highly embarassed about his performance.

Back down the road, with more experience in the bag? Hmmmm....dunno. In this digital age, when you simply wet your pants on stage while donnybrooking it up with the lads (like a certain Texas Gov), THAT gets replayed endlessly.
You and a few others on here have been swinging and MISSING badly all through this entire campaign, while YEARS ago I was telling people who wrote off Trump and his bombastic style that they were dead WRONG.

And now I'm supposed to buy into your analysis? And Elkabong's?

Did you guys watch Hillary Clinton's speech last night? Compare that with Trump's.

I will tell you right now, she is the epitome of unlikable. She comes off as disingenuous to the core, and she really is hard to listen to just in terms of her speaking voice.

Image means a lot in politics.

Those of you who think Trump gets his ass handed to him by Clinton are going to be in for more Trump-shock.

Trump is the natural answer to all the politically correct bullshit we've been force-fed by the "progressive" leftists in this country for decades, along with the failed Republicans in the Senate the past eight years. The left ALONG WITH Republicans have created the monster that is Trump. And he has way more support than you can possibly imagine. He IS your worst nightmare, that I will agree with.

But sometimes nightmares can come true. But he's no nightmare for me. He's a welcomed change. A recoil to all the blasts from the left. This one is on you guys if he manages to win and royally **** everything up. You are now reaping what you have sown.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-16-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:40 AM   #5235
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
But sometimes nightmares can come true. But he's no nightmare for me. He's a welcomed change. A recoil to all the blasts from the left. This one is on you guys if he manages to win and royally **** everything up. You are now reaping what you have sown.
Twisted logic that's makes a pretzel look straight.
No "get out of jail free" card here,
if he gets the chance to screw this country up.

Hopefully, though, it's not going to come to that.
His jaundiced persona and hatred will be bigger
factors when the voting public turns against him.

No sir.
There is no way in hell that Trump is our doing.
He is completely your monster.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply