Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Bill as currently written?
I am for the bill as currently written. 21 42.00%
I am against the bill as currently written. 19 38.00%
The bill needs some changes for me to support it. 13 26.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. This poll is closed

Old 06-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #76
Kelso
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon shell
I suppose that you can tell the difference between a "drug happy" trainer and a "non-drug happy trainer"?
It's not difficult at all. Those who say the status quo is acceptable, regarding the current rules on (and enforcement of) drugging horses ... and who desperately oppose efforts to legislatively protect race horses where the racing industry has shamefully refused to do the job itself ... are the "drug happy" ones. Clear to you?

Quote:
You won't even listen to one trying to tell you the truth.
Well, those self-serving type "truths" do have a pattern of turning up ... dare I say it ... lame. So, to that extent you are correct. I don't listen to tripe disguised as "truth."

Quote:
But hey suit yourself. Keep believing your own little delusions that life was wonderful back in the 60's when all the drug use was covered up.
And so we have yet another ignorant and completely unfounded "truth" from Cannon Shell.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #77
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Wonder why my post was ignored. Usually happens when one has no response. Bummer, I was hoping for another irrational, anger fueled, whiny post by Kelso.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2011, 12:38 AM   #78
Kelso
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW
Imagine what happens in this scenario to a horse that has bled before and built up scar tissue in the lung as a consequence, making the lungs less flexible and more prone to tear under the stress of expansion and contraction.
Sounds to me like that's a horse who should not be further subjected to the stresses of racing; another example of some having what it takes, some not.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #79
Cannon shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelso
I understand that drug-happy trainers have demonstrated their complete indifference to the genuine welfare of their horses and to the continued viablility of the game in which you make your living. That's more than sufficient understanding of "the issue."

I'll leave the treatment issues to the vets. (Are YOU a vet?) As to when they should run ... run them when the regulations (that follow passage of a bill) say you can run them. I certainly won't presume to hazard a guess as to when a sick or injured animal is ready to run.

[/color]"Another?"
"ANOTHER?!?"
Who, specifically, has expressed such belief?

C'mon ... spill it. WHO has said or written such a thing? Name the names. (Or is this just one more thing you've made up in order to keep drugging horses on your own terms?)

And your callous greed is disgraceful.
Listen, it is ok to admit that you really don't understand the issue. I mean how could you? You are blinded by contempt for people you don't know about things that you have no comprehension of.

"Genuine welfare of the horse"? What would you know about this? To people like you they are but numbers on a page. You think you know something about horses because you read some quotes in the form but lets face it you probably couldn't tell a filly from a colt.

Where exactly do you think the drugs come from dude? You think we don't consult with Vets? You don't think 30 years of experience would allow someone to maybe know a little something about horses?

Your baseless attacks on me are the disgrace. You wouldn't know a horse if it fell over you yet you feel qualified to tell me that I am a greedy, drug happy trainer? All because I have enough balls to try to tell you the truth? Despite the presumed importance of some anonymous people on the internet , your opinion really doesn't mean much to me because you have proven in just a few posts to be a simpleton.
Cannon shell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #80
Cannon shell

Quote:
It's not difficult at all. Those who say the status quo is acceptable, regarding the current rules on (and enforcement of) drugging horses ... and who desperately oppose efforts to legislatively protect race horses where the racing industry has shamefully refused to do the job itself ... are the "drug happy" ones. Clear to you?

Well, those self-serving type "truths" do have a pattern of turning up ... dare I say it ... lame. So, to that extent you are correct. I don't listen to tripe disguised as "truth."

And so we have yet another ignorant and completely unfounded "truth" from Cannon Shell.
Oh so being against a terrible bill means you are saying the staus quo is acceptable? Who is putting words in whose mouth now?

Protect the horse? Yeah I'm sure you're SO concerned about the horses welfare.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #81
Kelso
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Lamboguy said in a thread this week his horses run on lasix, even though he is apparently against it according to this thread. So after you take your meds, ask him why he is against lasix, but lets his trainers use it on his horses.
YOU're the one who's bothered by it. YOU ask him. (And that's only one name. You said "owners" ... plural ... were criticizing while using. So who are the others and why didn't you name them, too?)

Quote:
I was going to post that last sentence in red, does that make it extra important if I do that?
When quoting your nonsense, it highlights your specific ... as opposed to your general ... ignorance. However, there is nothing about you or your infantile posts that is "important," extra or otherwise.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:54 AM   #82
Cannon shell

Quote:
Sounds to me like that's a horse who should not be further subjected to the stresses of racing; another example of some having what it takes, some not.
But you don't know anything so who cares about your opinion?

So who makes these calls? The Feds? You? Should we adopt the damaged lung-o-meter to make the call?

It is easy for a creep like you to tell someone what to do with their horse yet you don't know anything about horses. I'm sure that you want other people who dont know anything telling you what to do. Keep acting like this is an exact science and trainers/owners can just read the expiration label on the horse and retire them off to retired horsey land.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:06 AM   #83
Kelso
Veteran

Quote:
Are you having a bad day or are you always this bitter?
Your self-serving willingness, and that of others like you, to abuse horses as a way of earning money has made many people ... including those sitting in Congress ... bitter.

And reading such as your selfish rants will often turn a day bad.

Quote:
Your inference that there may be a surcharge placed on purses opened up the discussion.
A damnable lie! It was YOUR feeble attempt at scaring bettors into opposing the drugging bill that "opened" this debate. And I made no "inference."

I outright said (to paraphrase) that taxing the horsemen in order to police their druggy ways was an idea worth pursuing. Perhaps I should thank you for inspiring the idea!

Quote:
The natural progression of a discussion usually allows those within the discussion to make inferences based on the content of posts.
The only thing "natural" about the progression of this debate is that it appears to be natural for you to rely on straw-man arguments (in other words, you desperately attempt to change the subject) whenever your earlier comments are subjected to the weight of rational analysis.

Quote:
If you were a horse, gelding would definitely be on the docket
You're clearly a threat to the gene pool, yourself.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:10 AM   #84
Kelso
Veteran

Quote:
Wonder why my post was ignored. Usually happens when one has no response. Bummer, I was hoping for another irrational, anger fueled, whiny post by Kelso.
Try using that thing in your hand ... no, the OTHER thing in your hand ... to scroll up to post #71.

Then get someone smarter than you ... the neighbor's second-grader will do ... to explain it to you. Your conceit will be more than satisfied.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:14 AM   #85
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
YOU're the one who's bothered by it. YOU ask him. (And that's only one name. You said "owners" ... plural ... were criticizing while using. So who are the others and why didn't you name them, too?)
I didn't think you had the balls to. You're the typical internet blowhard. Lots of blather and no substance. You're bothered by trainers who use lasix, but not bothered by owners who criticize it, but allow their horses to run on it.

Makes perfect sense....if you lived in a mental hospital.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:17 AM   #86
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Try using that thing in your hand ... no, the OTHER thing in your hand ... to scroll up to post #71.

Then get someone smarter than you ... the neighbor's second-grader will do ... to explain it to you. Your conceit will be more than satisfied.
This is more what I was looking for. Thanks crazy.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #87
Kelso
Veteran

Quote:
Listen, it is ok to admit that you really don't understand the issue.
If it should arise that I, in fact, do not understand some aspect of the issue, I shall. But I am not so naive as to rely on the conflicted, self-centered bleatings of a greedy, drug-happy horseman to do so. Perhaps YOU are; but I'm not.

Quote:
You are blinded by contempt for people you don't know about things that you have no comprehension of.
And YOU are blinded by greed and outrage that the people who ultimately pay your way in life have so easily caught wise to your selfish scam.

Quote:
"Genuine welfare of the horse"? What would you know about this? To people like you they are but numbers on a page. You think you know something about horses because you read some quotes in the form but lets face it you probably couldn't tell a filly from a colt.
You know nothing of substance about me. On the other hand, the bulk of this thread has turned out to be about YOU ... the guy who wants to keep drugging horses on his own terms.

So lets, indeed, "face it." You have been exposed for the selfish, horse-drugging whiner that you are. You have little to teach anyone about any issue other than greed.

[QUOTE=Cannon shell]Where exactly do you think the drugs come from dude? You think we don't consult with Vets? You don't think 30 years of experience would allow someone to maybe know a little something about horses[QUOTE=Cannon shell]Many of the drugs come from vets who "understand" who signs THEIR checks. And 30 years of experience has taught both vets and horsemen about ... among other things ... the importance of cash flow.

Quote:
your opinion really doesn't mean much to me because you have proven in just a few posts to be a simpleton.
Oh, come now. My opinions have demonstrably driven you to desperately and repeatedly attempt to camouflage yourself as someone who is aware of, and genuinely interested in, "truth." In fact, all you're trying to do is turn down the heat on the drugged-horses problem to which you, and those like you, have been central.

You continue to fool nobody, horseman.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:42 AM   #88
Kelso
Veteran

Quote:
Oh so being against a terrible bill means you are saying the staus quo is acceptable? Who is putting words in whose mouth now?
We've seen nothing from you even acknowledging the problem of drugged horses. All you've done is defend whatever drug-related practices that have been criticized. You've propsed NOTHING at all to address those problems.

So, yes. Your posts in this thread have made clear your satisfaction with the current legal environment. That's not putting words into your mouth. That's just acknowledging what you have consistantly, yourself, demonstrated in this thread.

Quote:
Protect the horse? Yeah I'm sure you're SO concerned about the horses welfare.
Congratulations, horseman. You FINALLY got one right!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #89
Kelso
Veteran

Quote:
But you don't know anything so who cares about your opinion?
Don't recall ever saying that anyone does ... or even should.

Quote:
So who makes these calls? The Feds? You? Should we adopt the damaged lung-o-meter to make the call?
Hmmm, are you now telling me that you, even if nobody else, "care about" my opinon?

Well, then, in order to enlighten you with my opinion: Someone without a vested interest in the abuse of any horse, even if he has to be paid to do so, should make such decisions. Clearly that excludes selfish horsemen who are willing to abuse their animals with drugs for the sake of a purse ... or a day rate. They're the reason for the drugged-horse problems in the first place.

Quote:
It is easy for a creep like you to tell someone what to do with their horse yet you don't know anything about horses.
Oh, it appears I've hurt the sensitive, selfish, drug-happy horseman's feelings. Deal with it, cretin.

Quote:
Keep acting like this is an exact science and trainers/owners can just read the expiration label on the horse and retire them off to retired horsey land.
Never said, nor even implied, that it's an exact science. But, because of self-serving horsemen such as you, it can and must be made a better ... unconflicted ... policy.

When a horse needs drugs in order to run ... as opposed to in order to heal ... he should be retired. If you gave two unselfish damns about the welfare of your horses, you'd agree. But, of course, you've made quite clear that you don't.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:19 AM   #90
Kelso
Veteran

Quote:
You're bothered by trainers who use lasix, but not bothered by owners who criticize it, but allow their horses to run on it..
Never said that ... never will. Owners are just as much to blame as trainers for abusing horses with drugs ... arguably, more.

But YOU are the one with a case of the ass at owners who both criticize and use; so YOU take them on about their choices. I didn't raise the issue. YOU did that, remember? It was your transparant attempt ... as with Cannon Shell's tax-the-winners ruse ... to change the subject. (Neither one worked.)

My beef is with horsemen who put purse money ... and day rates ... ahead of the well-being of their horses. I'll stick with that issue. YOU deal with the hypocricy issue, if it truly bothers you enough.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: