Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-30-2017, 03:02 AM   #31
ElKabong

DaHoss, can we interest you in tom Herman? The buyout is only 20million.

LSU did the right thing last year. O isn't the answer maybe, but keeping Aranda was a huge get. If O doesn't work out LSU didn't break the bank on him, kept their powder dry until the right hire comes along.

My guess is Sumlin ends up at Arizona state. Just a guess. If they pass him, Oregon state maybe.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 11:08 AM   #32
Dahoss2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
DaHoss, can we interest you in tom Herman? The buyout is only 20million.

LSU did the right thing last year. O isn't the answer maybe, but keeping Aranda was a huge get. If O doesn't work out LSU didn't break the bank on him, kept their powder dry until the right hire comes along.

My guess is Sumlin ends up at Arizona state. Just a guess. If they pass him, Oregon state maybe.
Spot on....And LSU didn't get in a bidding war with Texas for Herman which probably saved UT a million or so. Herman appears to have Texas pointed in the right direction. See what kinda recruiting class he gets this year.
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #33
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Speaking of people named Herman, it is being reported that ex -Jets and Chiefs head coach, Herm Edwards is expected to be named the next head coach at Arizona State.

https://clutchpoints.com/herm-edward...arizona-state/

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 01:17 PM   #34
kingfin66
Bombardier

Did ASU fire Graham?
Old 11-30-2017, 01:20 PM   #35
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Did ASU fire Graham?
Might be a little awkward if he wasn't.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 03:23 PM   #36
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I'm surprised Les Miles' name hasn't been thrown about for these high profile jobs. Is he retired?
Yeah, he's weird and crazy and unpredictable, but he recruits with the best of them and he WINS.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:27 PM   #37
ElKabong

Quote:
Did ASU fire Graham?
That slipped by me too. I saw it on horn fans yesterday but didn't know it was confirmed

He's kind of a sleazy sort (DFW local guy) but he put some discipline back into that program. I'm surprised they let him go.... Otoh, he absolutely can rub some folks the wrong way...
Old 11-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #38
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss2002 View Post
Spot on....And LSU didn't get in a bidding war with Texas for Herman which probably saved UT a million or so. Herman appears to have Texas pointed in the right direction. See what kinda recruiting class he gets this year.
He's not going to cut in Austin, DaHoss. Same problems Charlie had. Kids are leaving the program in droves, poor in game decisions, only difference is Herman will point the finger at players for losses. Most orangebloods are pretty sure he won't see a fourth year here

We have a severe shortage on the o line, I think we're down to ten bodies on campus. Two of which are starting underclass men, word is they're quitting after the bowl game. When a returning starter quits, that tells you things aren't right. When two on the same (depleted) unit quit, it's really bad.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:41 AM   #39
Dahoss2002

I did not know it was that bad. I really only watched the OU game and the Horns looked competitive against the Sooners. That game is always tough to gauge because of the rivalry factor though.
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2017, 09:56 AM   #40
kingfin66
Bombardier

The latest rumors are that Tennessee is trying to hire Mike Leach away from Washington State. This one hits close to home for me as Wazzu is the team I cheer for. Leach has done a great job in getting them back on track. There were some down years after Mike Price left.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:31 PM   #41
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Most orangebloods are pretty sure he won't see a fourth year here.
That seems like a pretty quick turn-around. I thought they were very happy with the selection when it happened.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2017, 10:38 PM   #42
kingfin66
Bombardier

OMG - Tennessee Vols Timeline

This is almost too amazing to be true. It also shows what a dick Lane Kiffin is. I always knew that and I'm sure that everybody else did too.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...a14s8nvcumvj4e
Old 12-02-2017, 10:57 AM   #43
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Very satisfying to know that Scott Frost will be the next coach at Nebraska.

Especially after 10+ years of jabs from the media that we are a dead program, including some in this very thread.

We'll likely never get back to our run in the early/mid-90s, but I'd love to get back to our mid-70s/80s in which we won some conference titles and were a tough out for just about anybody.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #44
ElKabong

Quote:
This is almost too amazing to be true. It also shows what a dick Lane Kiffin is. I always knew that and I'm sure that everybody else did too.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...a14s8nvcumvj4e
Kingfin, is that really Kiffen's account? Just asking...I agree he's a tool, but this is the kind of tweet stuff that some UT fan did under "CharlieF'nStrong" handle. He'd needle other coaches, and ou of course. It was all in fun and the "real" Charlie Strong had his own account.

Fulmer doesn't come across well in this mess. As the days go by it appears he's been behind the scenes mucking things up
Old 12-02-2017, 12:20 PM   #45
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Very satisfying to know that Scott Frost will be the next coach at Nebraska.

Especially after 10+ years of jabs from the media that we are a dead program, including some in this very thread.

We'll likely never get back to our run in the early/mid-90s, but I'd love to get back to our mid-70s/80s in which we won some conference titles and were a tough out for just about anybody.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply