Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #106
MutuelClerk

Cheap shot by Gronk. I'm guessing two game suspension.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2017, 06:05 PM   #107
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
One game for the Gronk, no announcement if he will appeal but has to be assumed.The Dolphins usually give the Pats a run for their money when they play in Miami so I have to think Bellichik wants all hands on deck.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2017, 06:24 PM   #108
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
Giants just announced that they have fired GM Jerry Reese and HC Ben Mcadoo
Only real surprise is that in didn't happen at season's end, the Jints rarely make midseason moves.

Although it might seem like redboarding, I never liked the McAdoo hire.When he was the Giants OC, I didn't see a huge uptick in either imagination or output and before that he was Green Bay's QB coach.Well, if you ask me Aaron Rodgers needs a quarterback coach like Rembrandt and Picasso need art lessons.Nothing on his resume screamed out "NFL Head Coach".He always had his face in that oversized play call card and just didn't seem to have either the fiery personality and/or interpersonal skills that most successful coaches posess.

A guy I'd like to possibly see as the HC is Jim Schwartz currently the DC of the Eagles.He did a good job getting the Lions in semi respectable condition, then spent the year as Buffalo's defensive coordinator, and had that team near the top of the NFL defense stats, before Sexy Rexy Ryan took over as head coach.He's doing a similar excellent job with the Eagles.

Last edited by barahona44; 12-04-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #109
barahona44

Tonight's Thursday Night football game has the New Orleans Saints against the Atlanta Falcons at Atlanta.As I write this, the line (which has moved quickly from the Saints to the Falcons) is Atlanta by 2 with an O/U of 51 1-2 .I will take the Falcons as I think they will rebound from their loss to the Vikings.A year ago this would have been a shootout worthy of the OK Corral but the Saints have tightened up their defense and have a top notch running game.Mark Ingram is expected to play, so I feel that the Saints will be running more to control the clock.Thus I will take the under.

TNF YTD: 15-9-2. (Win 6-5-2. O/U. 9-4-0)

Old 12-14-2017, 12:18 PM   #110
barahona44

The final Thursday night game is tonight and pits the Denver Broncos against the Indianapolis Colts at Indy.When the schedule was set back in the spring, this must have looked like a good match.The Broncos have been one of the more successful franchises in recent decades and their frequent playoff appearances have given them somewhat of a national following.The Colts QB Andrew Luck was only expected to miss the first month of the season following surgery.Well, the Broncos have unexpectedly flopped and Luck has not played at all this year.
As I write this,the line is Denver by 2 1/2 with an O/U of 41.The Broncos finally played a complete game against the Jets on Sunday, probably saving first year coach Vance Joseph's job for now.Chuck Pagano, the Colts coach, OTOH, is dead man walking.I saw a press conference he did a couple of weeks ago and I thought if he had been arrested, he would be on suicide watch, he was so down.

I tend to go with the overs on Thursday and this has proven to be a sound strategy so far.My philosophy is that if I start to get comfortable with a trend, it's time to switch said trend.Neither offense is good and Denver still has a solid defense, which has taken a step back this year.Off Denver being a better team and coming off a solid game, I will take the Broncos and the under.

TNF YTD. 17-9-2. (Win 7-5-2. O/U 10-4-0)

Old 12-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #111
Secondbest

The worst matchup I can remember for a late season national game
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #112
Inner Dirt

Anybody notice all the glaring errors that Mike Turico makes? He is pathetic tonight.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2017, 01:58 AM   #113
barahona44

With getting both the win and the under tonight, the final results for Thursday Night Football predictions for the year.

Overall: 19-9-2. (.667)

Win. 8-5-2. (.600)

O/U. 11-4-0. (.733)

Old 12-15-2017, 06:02 AM   #114
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
With getting both the win and the under tonight, the final results for Thursday Night Football predictions for the year.

Win. 8-5-2. (.600)

O/U. 11-4-0. (.733)
super job! hopefully, you do it again and again
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #115
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post

Win. 8-5-2. (.600)

O/U. 11-4-0. (.733)
Those are some pretty incredible numbers over a season of NFL football.

A solid congrats, and a job very well done.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #116
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
super job! hopefully, you do it again and again
Thanks Lambo, beginners luck I think.It helped to focus on the same type of game as opposed to forecasting random games on Sunday.

Of course, next year, I am guaranteed.to fall flat on me arse.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #117
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Those are some pretty incredible numbers over a season of NFL football.

A solid congrats, and a job very well done.
TY, LDH

Old 12-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #118
MutuelClerk

It seems this season teams are intercepting the ball on fourth down and costing themselves field position. Why? Bonuses? Be on TV? Mental midgets? Can't you just knock down the ball? Usually the reason you play defense is because you can't catch anyways. They line you up when you're ten years old, throw you the ball. If you catch it you go with the offense. If you drop it you go with the defense. A stigma that lasts forever.

Last edited by MutuelClerk; 12-17-2017 at 05:24 PM.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #119
ldiatone

james harrison released by the stillers and signs w/ NE

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #120
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
james harrison released by the stillers and signs w/ NE
Bet Belllichick squeezes him for info regarding the Steelers, then cuts him loose.
Or maybe Tomlin did this on purpose and Harrison feeds the Pats false intelligence.
Or maybe Belllichick thinks that what Tomlin's objective was and does the opposite
of what Harrison tells them.
Or maybe...