Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-02-2017, 03:32 PM   #46
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Kingfin, is that really Kiffen's account? Just asking...I agree he's a tool, but this is the kind of tweet stuff that some UT fan did under "CharlieF'nStrong" handle. He'd needle other coaches, and ou of course. It was all in fun and the "real" Charlie Strong had his own account.

Fulmer doesn't come across well in this mess. As the days go by it appears he's been behind the scenes mucking things up
Given the nature of the tweets, and that they are coming from a well-known (infamous?) college head coach, I can understand why a rational person would suspect that it is not really his account. I am very sorry to have to confirm that it is. I wonder if he is aware, or cares, that this is the type of thing that could prevent a coach from getting promoted to a "big time" coaching job. I did find the Kim Jong Un tweet to be pretty funny.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tic/908826001/
Old 12-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #47
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Very satisfying to know that Scott Frost will be the next coach at Nebraska.

Especially after 10+ years of jabs from the media that we are a dead program, including some in this very thread.

We'll likely never get back to our run in the early/mid-90s, but I'd love to get back to our mid-70s/80s in which we won some conference titles and were a tough out for just about anybody.
I am very happy to see that Frost was chosen to be the next head coach at Nebraska. Expectations have always been high at Nebraska, which is totally understandable given the high bar set by excellent coaches Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne. That is probably about the best 35-year run ever in college football. Since that time, Nebraska has made some questionable coaching hires; Solich (well, he was actually pretty good for a while), Callahan, Pellini and Riley. Riley was a good guy and the anti-Pellini, but he had never really done anything exceptional as a coach. Expectations will be high for Frost as well, but the fan base will likely give him some time to shine given who he is, where the program is, and the coaches that have been there between he and Osborne. I will be rooting for his success. He seems like a good coach, a great person, and he embodies the Husker spirit. It must be a great day to be a Husker!
Old 12-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #48
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Given the nature of the tweets, and that they are coming from a well-known (infamous?) college head coach, I can understand why a rational person would suspect that it is not really his account. I am very sorry to have to confirm that it is. I wonder if he is aware, or cares, that this is the type of thing that could prevent a coach from getting promoted to a "big time" coaching job. I did find the Kim Jong Un tweet to be pretty funny.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tic/908826001/
Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Hard to fathom

from all I gather elsewhere as well, it really is him. Incredible. He is well aware of the circumstances, no doubt about it. I think he'll stay put at FAU for awhile, then a few yrs down the road people will forgive and forget (it IS college football afterall
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2017, 01:52 AM   #49
ElKabong

Just saw herm Edwards has been hired as HC at Arizona St. What a terrible hire. I can see him juicing the program for a year, but he's old and I doubt recruiting will be something he'd want to do year round (needed, to be successful). I thought Sumlin would be a great fit there.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: