Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #1006
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I heard Andy talking about this on TVG before the race, that helped me. Good call.
I don't make the calls because we have other guys that have that job, and I'm not big on contradicting them. I just do the work that goes into creating the "pretty picture", as somebody called it. The rest is up to the bettors.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #1007
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I don't make the calls because we have other guys that have that job, and I'm not big on contradicting them. I just do the work that goes into creating the "pretty picture", as somebody called it. The rest is up to the bettors.
Just hearing she had a "pace advantage" made me look at the race differently. Would have been nice if Stanwyck wasn't a hanging rat and ran on for 2nd, the 3 was begging to be beat for place but nobody came and got her. Nice 11 dollar winner though, esp since RRR had smoking winner in the previous race.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #1008
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

I made my first bet in three months on this horse............my biggest concern was the ride she would get.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #1009
letswastemoney

Thanks for accurate numbers on Trackattacker at Emerald. He looked like a claiming horse on paper.

Trackattacker finished out of the money, so I got $149 back on a $10 show bet on Prime Engine, whose win odds were 7/5.

Attached Images
File Type: png 2014-09-28_1810.png (6.5 KB, 205 views)

Last edited by letswastemoney; 09-28-2014 at 09:22 PM.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #1010
MarcAtTimeformUS

Hi all,
Posting for a few reasons.

#1: In the graphic we put up for the preview of tomorrow's Spinster, we used the phrase "pace advantage" in the caption. Could be wrong, but we think it is the first time we've ever used this phrase in a caption on a Stakes Preview on the site. Has PA trademarked this phrase? Do we owe him money?

#2: We've been quiet on the jaw-dropping product development front. Which means we're working on something big? Yes. Something that would impact the way we would deliver all the little things you want going forward? Yes.

We're teaming up with a partner site to deliver Thoroughbred PPs in a modern web environment like they've never been delivered before.

It's cool. More details on that project next week. It's kinda like a supergroup project, like Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, or Cream, but not Asia. We really regret liking Asia in the 80s.

And then, in the next couple months we'll migrate this new architecture back to TFUS, and you will hopefully say: "Wow, this is bad-ass! And you didn't even raise prices!"

Stay tuned...
MarcAtTimeformUS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #1011
BetHorses!

Question

Curious if there is an add-on or a way I can mark up my condensed prior to printing? Which in turn might allow me to take out scratches as well
Old 10-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #1012
classhandicapper

"We really regret liking Asia in the 80s. "

Old 10-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #1013
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
"We really regret liking Asia in the 80s. "

It was a heat of the moment type thing.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #1014
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetHorses!
Curious if there is an add-on or a way I can mark up my condensed prior to printing? Which in turn might allow me to take out scratches as well
I use the Foxit free PDF reader, allows editing. I scratch horse, make text notes, and even insert the Pace Projector and Power Picks.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #1015
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcAtTimeformUS
Hi all,
Posting for a few reasons.

#1: In the graphic we put up for the preview of tomorrow's Spinster, we used the phrase "pace advantage" in the caption. Could be wrong, but we think it is the first time we've ever used this phrase in a caption on a Stakes Preview on the site. Has PA trademarked this phrase? Do we owe him money?

#2: We've been quiet on the jaw-dropping product development front. Which means we're working on something big? Yes. Something that would impact the way we would deliver all the little things you want going forward? Yes.

We're teaming up with a partner site to deliver Thoroughbred PPs in a modern web environment like they've never been delivered before.

It's cool. More details on that project next week. It's kinda like a supergroup project, like Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, or Cream, but not Asia. We really regret liking Asia in the 80s.

And then, in the next couple months we'll migrate this new architecture back to TFUS, and you will hopefully say: "Wow, this is bad-ass! And you didn't even raise prices!"

Stay tuned...
Good to hear.

I like to grab a coffee and check the Timeform-US Facebook page when I go on FB in the morning. ( https://www.facebook.com/TimeformUS )
Old 10-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #1016
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
It was a heat of the moment type thing.

I get it! I get it!!!
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #1017
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I get it! I get it!!!
Only time will tell if others do.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #1018
BetHorses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I use the Foxit free PDF reader, allows editing. I scratch horse, make text notes, and even insert the Pace Projector and Power Picks.

Awesome...just downloaded

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #1019
headhawg
crusty old guy

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect a reference to Asia in the Timeform thread.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #1020
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Only time will tell if others do.
The one hit wonders? Although I did like it at the time.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment