Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:12 AM   #5926
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
perhaps you need to show documentation showing protest crowd numbers from around the country and world before making such statements.

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/...rotest-sunday/
The lower part of this image is a is a map of cronavirus outbreaks. Again, the it clearly indicates that the the South and Southwest------are where cases are currently spiking..Sizes are based on the number of people per 1,000 who have tested positive

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ore-in-us-news

Last edited by hcap; 07-04-2020 at 04:22 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2020, 04:18 AM   #5927
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Let me get this right....going to beaches, bars, and churches will get you COV'd 19....BBBBuuuutttttttttt.....looting, rioting and vandalizing AS A mob will NOT

Got it...

So I'll beg to disagree with THE 2nd part....and if NY, WASH DC or MINN.....don't show spikes within the NEXT 3 weeks....I'll quit posting for awhile in deference to liberal thinking being correct...

How-ever....if I'm right...whilst you and 46...at least just admit that sometimes believing EVERY liberal viewpoint is NOT valid....????

Notice Fan D, Mostpost and other's haven't SWALLOWED this particular line of thinking on this topic....

Anyways...we'll see...
The Fourth of July will bring people out. Hard to know what will happen. Btw, I have not said anything about Minn.

How do you explain the decline in cases in NYC?

Last edited by hcap; 07-04-2020 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:21 AM   #5928
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The Fourth of July will bring people out. Hard to know what will happen. Btw, I have not said anything about Minn.

Shit...this is already over........they so-called "mass" mobs protested in Minn....FIRST.......

I see DC area is also starting upward....

Like I said....give a few weeks...NYC.....will follow...

By the way....what DO you think about the hypocrisy of YOUR boy Cuomo...news boy...not idiotic brother...

He goes outside....THEN off...on lone biker....vs....his NOW take on the couple vs the mob in a GATED community....seriously....double standards....
Old 07-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #5929
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Shit...this is already over........they so-called "mass" mobs protested in Minn....FIRST.......

I see DC area is also starting upward....

Like I said....give a few weeks...NYC.....will follow...

By the way....what DO you think about the hypocrisy of YOUR boy Cuomo...news boy...not idiotic brother...

He goes outside....THEN off...on lone biker....vs....his NOW take on the couple vs the mob in a GATED community....seriously....double standards....
Cam down Mr. Sage. It is too early to tell if Minn is moving up. The GF protests began on 5/26, Wash DD and New York 5/29. Both show declines after memorial day The protests in NYC were larger than Minn.

I am not saying protests did not play ANY part, but not the major part.

Without blowing your stack over liberals, please explain this....

Here is the entire country after memorial day

And here is NYC and D.C.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #5930
hcap

Here is a NOT "liberal" site Forbes, saying the same thing 46 and I have been saying...

Research Determines Protests Did Not Cause Spike In Coronavirus Cases
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe.../#2ffdaf767dac

Hey maybe the Illuminati in cahoots with George Soros and Joe Biden payed them off?

Last edited by hcap; 07-04-2020 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:58 PM   #5931
AndyC

Quote:

NY leads the nation in total cases, total deaths and total cases/per million pop.

Could it be that there is no one left in NY to get infected?

I personally hope that none of the protesters get the virus. It will show that letting people outdoors is not a problem.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:07 PM   #5932
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
NY leads the nation in total cases, total deaths and total cases/per million pop.

Could it be that there is no one left in NY to get infected?

I personally hope that none of the protesters get the virus. It will show that letting people outdoors is not a problem.
You are either joking, or out of your mind. Probably both.

Population is over 8 million people. As of today...525K fatalities.

Do the math.

Last edited by hcap; 07-04-2020 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:29 PM   #5933
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

hcap is such a TRY HARD lately...dude...relax...
Old 07-04-2020, 04:08 PM   #5934
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I would not be too quick to point fingers Alburt. E.

He made the point.....

That is a valid point. Protests in NYC perhaps the largest of them all, should have brought about a HUGE spike in cases, if outdoor BLM propitiating were the only cause of spikes throughout the country. NYC and Wash D.C., as I have shown, are declining in cases.

However cases are raging in many states where protests barely occurred.

Now Alburt, can you point a finger to your chest, and spell buffoon?
Again, your post has nothing to do with what I posted.
46 insinuated people were saying protests were the sole cause.
I pointed out that no one was saying that was the only reason. Again, try to follow along intelligently. No fingers were point, just a statement of fact.

Try Craig's List - look for "Elderly caretakers."
Old 07-04-2020, 04:16 PM   #5935
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

YOU have been screaming for a couple of days now that if the crowd is outdoors - aka protests - then not to worry.

When does it sink in for you that no once cares?
*We KNOW there will be spikes.
*They told us there would be spikes.
*We expected spikes.

We accept the risk in order to save the economy and the prosperity of this country.

Go to your room.
Play with your Lenin Coloring Book.
Use all of your red crayolas.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:05 PM   #5936
davew

Quote:
The lower part of this image is a is a map of cronavirus outbreaks. Again, the it clearly indicates that the the South and Southwest------are where cases are currently spiking..Sizes are based on the number of people per 1,000 who have tested positive

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ore-in-us-news

They had protests everywhere
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2020, 12:46 AM   #5937
46zilzal
velocitician

quote:Trump returned to his now familiar and baseless complaint that America has a high caseload because it performs more tests. “Now we have tested almost 40m people. By so doing, we show cases, 99% of which are totally harmless. Results that no other country can show because no other country has the testing that we have, not in terms of the numbers or in terms of quality.”

from https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...fections-surge

Forgot the simple statistic that of all the NEW positives, a higher and higher percentage are POSITIVE
Old 07-05-2020, 09:32 AM   #5938
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
quote:Trump returned to his now familiar and baseless complaint that America has a high caseload because it performs more tests. “Now we have tested almost 40m people. By so doing, we show cases, 99% of which are totally harmless. Results that no other country can show because no other country has the testing that we have, not in terms of the numbers or in terms of quality.”

from https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...fections-surge

Forgot the simple statistic that of all the NEW positives, a higher and higher percentage are POSITIVE
Considering that the actual infection rate from every study done is 10x greater than from testing alone, does it really matter? I think more and more Americans are coming to the realization that we never had a real chance to defeat this version of the flu and that to continue the fight is a lost cause. That’s why apathy is increasing across the board.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2020, 09:59 AM   #5939
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
quote:Trump returned to his now familiar and baseless complaint that America has a high caseload because it performs more tests.
Increased testing doesn't lead to increased hospitalization rates.

Just compare hosptialization rates for 3 or 4 seasonal flu seasons, derive a median cumulative total, then compare to covid-19 cumulative total.

Seasonal flu is counted Oct 1- March 28. So find a 6 month time frame and do the calculations. I don't think we can do that until around end of September since we didn't really start counting til around March 11th.

I'm not really interested in counting positives since the key when you look at places like Japan is a public health system that focusses on containment. You can test all you wish but w/out really good contact tracing, plus masks and social distancing, you don't achieve containment, at least not in the numbers many nations have achieved.

We know covid-19 is highly contagious, unlike something like tuberculosis which requires very close contact and usually for an extended and concentrated time frame.

As with any really infectious disease you want to contain it of course, so that you cut down on the number of people who might get a more severe form of the disease, which will result in more hospitalizations and/or more deaths.

(at least, that's the public health goal for most every nation on the planet).

It is what it is for now. At some point the data will be available and everyone will have what they need to figure out what happened with this pandemic, both here and elsewhere.

Last edited by clicknow; 07-05-2020 at 10:09 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #5940
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I think more and more Americans are coming to the realization that we never had a real chance to defeat this version of the flu and that to continue the fight is a lost cause.
Sounds like a great excuse. Containment is still important.

If not for all the more (altruistic) reasons humans understand, but then at least for the economy, because people don't want to visit places where an infectious disease is out of control. It really slows down economic progress.

Its only a lost cause if you quit. Guess we have a lot of quitters (to hear YOU tell it).

(I was already reading such things in the foreign press, i.e. America has given up, blah blah blah).

I hope doctors and medical workers aren't giving up, and deciding working 12+ hour shifts to save lives is a "lost cause". Better hope the apathy that you describe as "more Americans" having is not going to happen with them. I'm sure they would rather be out having corn dogs and such on any given day.

Meanwhile, not to change the subject, but why aren't the kids back in school for goodness sake?

Last edited by clicknow; 07-05-2020 at 10:25 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply