Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #5866
JustRalph
Just another Facist

From June 9th. George Floyd funeral in Houston.

Some say 60k were downtown Houston for funeral and protest.

At the same time the Mayor and Police Chief were attending, they had my restaurant locked down to 25% and going on TV every day telling people not to go out.

Total bullshit

3 weeks later, there is a “surge”

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 06D49CA1-D687-4410-A10F-BCE22A44848D.jpeg (146.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #5867
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
All I said was I was waiting for you to jump in and tell us all why we are wrong about this...and you just did...you are telling us this may potentially be a fake photo (or one attributed to something entirely different). Thanks.

Plus, you did throw in a Trump reference (albeit provoked to do so by me...I'll give you that).

So really, I was pretty much spot on...as usual.

PS. nobody forces you to post here...if you don't like off-topic and you don't like me, don't post here.
Never said it's a fake photo. I wanted to repost it and I asked for verifcation.

Here I am on a forum where everyone is always complaining about FAKE NEWS, and then I simply ask for verification of a photo or news story (so I can repost it). Guess that only works in one direction?

Okay, got it. If ya wanna look hypocritical be my guest.

I have more than enough posts on several more "progressive" forums calling out unmasked gatherings, including protests. I was going to post it there, but won't unless it's verified.

Meanwhile, you seem to have had no problem with Trump's indoor gatherings. You only call out these outdoor ones, by those you don't politically agree with.

Finding that to be hypocritical, too.

Nobody forces me to post here, very true. When you insert ANYONE who is not voting for Trump into posts where they haven't even expressed the point you're up in arms about or haven't even commented on the topic in the, I'm just going to point it out.

Meanwhile, this is just back and forth. Nothing either of us say can really help or hurt Trump at this point.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 01:22 PM   #5868
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Total bullshit
Americans are not doing well with fighting this pandemic.

Now you have an answer to why we are #1.

I hope our enemies aren't watching our behavior. Makes us look weak and spoiled.
People can't lock down for 6-8 weeks w/out complaining about not being able to get a manicure or shop at TJ Maxx.
Then we have those who think its okay to protest in large groups w/out masks and w/out social distancing, if the cause is good enough.
Then we have people who will sit elbow-to-elbow at an indoor political rally also maskless and w/out social distancing.

really, what we are seeing is a pattern of behavior, and it's being practiced by both sides of the aisle.

I have very little faith that things will go well for us with this pandemic. And unfortunately, the more people who refuse to start acting like adults the more the economy will suffer.

Everyone is too busy fighting their CULTURE WARS instead of the virus!!

I can't fix that. What I have seen is that Americans cannot unite with a common goal, to fight something that is both killing people and killing the economy in the process, directly and indirectly.

I find THAT to be a very sad realization.

Last edited by clicknow; 07-02-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:35 PM   #5869
clicknow

And let me add this, because I think it's very important:

People should be interested in opening the schools.

Instead it seems they are more interested in opening the bars.

We REALLY need to open the schools, and we need to do it early.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:17 PM   #5870
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Meanwhile, you seem to have had no problem with Trump's indoor gatherings. You only call out these outdoor ones, by those you don't politically agree with.

Finding that to be hypocritical, too.
Sadly, you misunderstand...again.

Why would I have a problem with Trump's indoor gathering?

Why would I have a problem with the protesters?

Hint...I have NO problem with either the TRUMP rally OR peaceful protesters.

What *I* have a problem with is HYPOCRITES who CRITICIZED like MAD the TRUMP RALLY, while gleefully celebrating the protesters, many of whom are CLEARLY breaking COVID protocol.

I also have a problem with HCAP on this board trying to convince anyone who will listen the recent SURGE among COVID cases among the YOUTH has little to NOTHING to do with the protesters or rioters/looters/destructionists running amok.

My problem is with HYPOCRISY...

I'm all FOR people doing what they want to do...you wanna go to a rally where you know the deal...GO FOR IT...you want to peacefully protest in the streets with hundreds of others, knowing the potential COVID ramifications? GO FOR THAT too...

Just don't be a hypocrite about it (not saying this to you...just explaining your misunderstanding of how I could be "for" Trump rally and "against" peaceful protests....I'm not)
Old 07-02-2020, 03:18 PM   #5871
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Can't wait for clicknow and Saratoga Mike to swoop in and add valuable reasons why we are all wrong about this, along with a few choice TRUMP references.
Dear Casey....yadda yadda yadda

Old 07-02-2020, 03:49 PM   #5872
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I know that you probably have me on ignore, but you cannot stop the spread. Haven't you figured that out by now? Not being mean about it but you're fighting the common cold or the flu. We can't stop those either. Rather than hand wring over it, let's accept that FACT and proceed based on that foundation. My problem, and one that puts you and I at odds, is that you believe that you can stop the spread. You can't and won't. Until you figure that out, you and I will never agree.

My opinion. Shelter the vulnerable in place and let everyone else go about their daily lives.
Reading his/her posts on stopping the virus is humor. Clicknow is nothing more than entertainment. That, and emotion

S/he claimed you and I are mask deniers. I replied twice telling her to fetch any posts where I stated masks were bad or shouldn't be used. S/he didn't reply to either

Very emotional person. Just treat him/ her like a piñata.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 03:51 PM   #5873
clicknow

Quote:
What *I* have a problem with is HYPOCRITES who CRITICIZED like MAD the TRUMP RALLY, while gleefully celebrating the protesters, many of whom are CLEARLY breaking COVID protocol.
Which I have no history doing, and which is why I wondered why I was "beckoned" to this topic, by having my name invoked by you.

Quote:
Can't wait for clicknow and Saratoga Mike to swoop in and add valuable reasons why we are all wrong about this, along with a few choice TRUMP references.

Since I have NEVER spoken in favor of protestors breaking COVID protocol, I don't appreciate your putting those words in my mouth.

This is very simple.

If you don't "like" your members once they reveal they are not voting for Trump, you should find a more honest way of expressing that.

Accusing them of saying things they have never said isn't the proper way to do that.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:55 PM   #5874
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
S/he didn't reply to either.
Please don't lie.

I apologized to you and said if I did that, I apologized. That was just yesterday.

Did you forget already?. I've never received an apology for the name calling. Still waiiting....

Read the posts better.

Last edited by clicknow; 07-02-2020 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:55 PM   #5875
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Which I have no history doing, and which is why I wondered why I was "beckoned" to this topic, by having my name invoked by you.
Never said you did.

You are creating much fiction from this exchange.

Look at that reply to me just now. Just like hcap, you make stuff up out of whole cloth.

I don't care what you think about Trump.

But what you're written about the whole COVID situation is hilarious, for the most part. That's what drives me to continue replying to you.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-02-2020 at 03:57 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #5876
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Read the posts better.
Heheheh. I love it!

The one response used throughout the two decades here that never fails to make me laugh. People commenting about all the secret PMs and emails they are getting behind the scenes.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:59 PM   #5877
ElKabong

Quote:
Please don't lie.

I apologized to you and said if I did that, I apologized. That was just yesterday.

Did you forget already?. I've never received an apology for the name calling. Still waiiting....

Read the posts better.
Fetch it and repost

That way you can apologize to me again
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 07-02-2020, 04:00 PM   #5878
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Just treat him/ her like a piñata.
Interesting comment!
Old 07-02-2020, 04:20 PM   #5879
ElKabong

Quote:
Interesting comment!
At least pinatas have good stuff to spread around

I apologize to all pinatas out there that may have been offended
Old 07-02-2020, 05:26 PM   #5880
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Hey HCAP...your good buddy NATE SILVER seems to be implying something here...hope it doesn't get him into too much TROUBLE:

Let's repeat for emphasis in case HCAP doesn't get it the first time:

But the fact is the recent spikes don't actually line up all that well with re-openings, either timing-wise (since they began in April and have been gradual; not a sudden rush of re-openings on June 1) or geographically (e.g. also happening in CA, which has been quite cautious).

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-02-2020 at 05:28 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply