Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:43 PM   #5851
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
You did not correct anything. Yes there is an increase in percentage of positive tests, but anyone with any brain activity whatsoever or even an iota of open mindedness will realize that the protests caused the spike. The percentage of positive tests was on a completely downward trend until the George Floyd murder and the encouraged protests and now of course they are spiking up. The George Floyd murder was May 25th.

Look at this chart from John Hopkins

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states

when did it start spiking upwards, mid-june. What a coincidence. You can believe any fairy tale you want about the protests not causing the spike. I would say that it is a free country (but obviously that has changed).

Meanwhile the same loving democrats that rely strictly on science encouraged everyone to reverse all the progress that was made by encouraging everyone to go out and protest. Now they want to start shutting down the economy again.

I am shocked anyone listens to their bullshit anymore.

fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me
Great post!
Old 07-02-2020, 06:22 AM   #5852
jk3521
Registered Loser

Wearing a mask scares people !

Last edited by jk3521; 07-02-2020 at 06:23 AM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 07:20 AM   #5853
davew

crazy Cuomo now saying the reason so many people caught CV in nursing homes is because workers there got infected away from and brought it into work …

do you wear a cloth mask? the virus is 50 to 300 times smaller than the thread spacing. this is similar to using a chain link fence to keep out the mosquitos from your yard.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #5854
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Deaths the last 10 days in Texas, Florida, California, and New York.

TX-FL-CA-NY
349-390-646-332
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

Virtually the same, with California having the largest population it's understandable their's is the largest. NY's new cases are somewhat down this week, but when they open up like the others, they will be the same as everyone else.

This argument is just political crap.

Going forward, the old and underlying should hide out, everyone else should go back to school/work. Most importantly, the hospitals should be well equipped.

Here in Florida, the Governor is visiting a different hospital every other day — they ALL say the are open and ready for business, hoping for business actually.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 09:30 AM   #5855
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
You did not correct anything. Yes there is an increase in percentage of positive tests, but anyone with any brain activity whatsoever or even an iota of open mindedness will realize that the protests caused the spike. The percentage of positive tests was on a completely downward trend until the George Floyd murder and the encouraged protests and now of course they are spiking up. The George Floyd murder was May 25th.

Look at this chart from John Hopkins

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states

when did it start spiking upwards, mid-june. What a coincidence. You can believe any fairy tale you want about the protests not causing the spike. I would say that it is a free country (but obviously that has changed).

Meanwhile the same loving democrats that rely strictly on science encouraged everyone to reverse all the progress that was made by encouraging everyone to go out and protest. Now they want to start shutting down the economy again.

I am shocked anyone listens to their bullshit anymore.

fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me
Already dealt with this. You are not paying attention!

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...postcount=5826

And

So…Why Hasn’t There Been A COVID Spike From The Protests?
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/c...testing-spread

Further in NYC, where there were huge protests, ..

All cases, hospitalizations, and deaths were way down since the protests.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page
Old 07-02-2020, 09:39 AM   #5856
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

George Orwell couldn't have written it any better:

Old 07-02-2020, 09:40 AM   #5857
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
A lot of people had things to celebrate that they couldn't.

A lot of people had funerals and wakes to give to loved ones who have passed, but they couldn't either.

I can't believe you continue to go down this road...condoning this obviously blatant disregard for social distancing and COVID prevention procedures that have been so strictly enforced in every other area of life.

Then you have the balls (along with those like you and your fake ass studies) to tell us these actions haven't contributed to the SPIKES we are seeing.
The date of your video is well past the BLM protests. 6/30. As you can see if you are willing to open your eyes and go to the NYC website as I just re-iterarated for Poindexter, cases, hospitalizations and deaths are almost nil.
New Yorl State, NYC, Cuomo and De Blasio did what the rest of the country should be doing.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:47 AM   #5858
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #5859
GMB@BP

Last night in LA, fully supported by fandan and hcap....no spread coming from this, its in the charts.

GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 12:01 PM   #5860
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Last night in LA, fully supported by fandan and hcap....no spread coming from this, its in the charts.

https://twitter.com/ChristinaKTLA/st...99560239755264
It's all a farce. But hcap (aka George Orwell) will come on here and tell you the state says these types of gatherings not only don't spread the virus, THEY HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD (see #5856 above)!!!!!!!

Can't wait for clicknow and Saratoga Mike to swoop in and add valuable reasons why we are all wrong about this, along with a few choice TRUMP references.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-02-2020 at 12:02 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 12:09 PM   #5861
clicknow

This POed me as well........but can someone find this photo in the news or elsewhere and verify for me?

I've only been able to find it on Twitter, same photo being passed around by the same 2 people .....the it being re-posted and shared........ surely a gathering this large would have been documented other than 2 people's twitter accounts.

Tweet says "LAPD just posted this photo of people protesting tonight" but I'm not seeing that anywhere. I have been all over looking for it. WHERE did the official LAPD post this ??

These days I really double and triple check everything for veracity before reposting and I wanted to repost this, but I can't under those circumstances.

too much "fake stuff" floating around out there. So a twitter account photo, with no date, no time, and no verification elsewhere just isn't something I can share.

thank you
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #5862
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Can't wait for clicknow and Saratoga Mike to swoop in and add valuable reasons why we are all wrong about this, along with a few choice TRUMP references.

Grasping at straws now, eh?

FIND ME a post, anhywhere on your forum, where I have siad that protests do not spread covid. FIND IT.

FIND ME anyhwhere where I have said I support this, or do not think this behavior is capable of spreading covid.

So far, what I'm seeing is that Saratoga Mike, like me, simply has said won't vote for Trump, and you keep looking in dark corners for ANY way to paint "other stuff" onto that sentiment.

SO I'll be waiting for you to find that sentiment posted by me....

Not that I care. If that's what you "need to do" to your guests here, then I guess that tells it's own story, eh? So sad.

I"ve posted very little, if anything in any of the protesting topics, because "it's not my thing". My thing is mostly in the cornonavirus topic and that is because I am very invested in stopping its spread, since I blieve, as others do, that it is really hampering the economic recuperation.

I've already battled the progressives on this, yes, it is not okay to gather in massive crowds WITHOUT MASKS DURING A PANDEMIC.

KEep loooing for other ways to invoke my name, though, PaceAdvantage. Yer starting to look desperate.

Last edited by clicknow; 07-02-2020 at 12:19 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #5863
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Grasping at straws now, eh?

FIND ME a post, anhywhere on your forum, where I have siad that protests do not spread covid. FIND IT.

FIND ME anyhwhere where I have said I support this, or do not think this behavior is capable of spreading covid.

So far, what I'm seeing is that Saratoga Mike, like me, simply has said won't vote for Trump, and you keep looking in dark corners for ANY way to paint "other stuff" onto that sentiment.

SO I'll be waiting for you to find that sentiment posted by me....

Not that I care. If that's what you "need to do" to your guests here, then I guess that tells it's own story, eh? So sad.

I"ve posted very little, if anything in any of the protesting topics, because "it's not my thing". My thing is mostly in the cornonavirus topic and that is because I am very invested in stopping its spread, since I blieve, as others do, that it is really hampering the economic recuperation.

I've already battled the progressives on this, yes, it is not okay to gather in massive crowds WITHOUT MASKS DURING A PANDEMIC.

KEep loooing for other ways to invoke my name, though, PaceAdvantage. Yer starting to look desperate.
All I said was I was waiting for you to jump in and tell us all why we are wrong about this...and you just did...you are telling us this may potentially be a fake photo (or one attributed to something entirely different). Thanks.

Plus, you did throw in a Trump reference (albeit provoked to do so by me...I'll give you that).

So really, I was pretty much spot on...as usual.

PS. nobody forces you to post here...if you don't like off-topic and you don't like me, don't post here.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-02-2020 at 12:36 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #5864
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post

I know that you probably have me on ignore, but you cannot stop the spread. Haven't you figured that out by now? Not being mean about it but you're fighting the common cold or the flu. We can't stop those either. Rather than hand wring over it, let's accept that FACT and proceed based on that foundation. My problem, and one that puts you and I at odds, is that you believe that you can stop the spread. You can't and won't. Until you figure that out, you and I will never agree.

My opinion. Shelter the vulnerable in place and let everyone else go about their daily lives.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #5865
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Nobody has the balls to say to say what Tucker just did......

Not if they are politicians

Mike (PA) has been saying it rightly since the start