Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:09 PM   #5791
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Ah, the old "deniers" meme. Don't look now, but your inner HCAP is showing.
Nice try, again.

Trying to tie your opponent in a debate to someone else to infer something that doesn't exist.......INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST.

I have tried to debate you honestly, and you either name-call or use intellectually dishonest debating methods.

But just for the record: I don't mind standing with HCAP when he is right. I don't agree with him on a lot of things, nor his communication style.

Anyway, do this with someone else.

You've proven to me that you are not interested in a genuine discussion that doesn't involve name calling and, now, dirty fighting.

Which makes you an unworthy opponent on who I will not waste my time. This comprises my last interaction with you here. You can have the last word if ya want....you won't get any more from me.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-29-2020 at 06:14 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 09:52 PM   #5792
GMB@BP

Before Hcap manipulates some stats expect Arizona to have a massive number of cases tomorrow.

We only had 600 today.

There was a glitch in reporting today, but you will only see the large case number tomorrow with no context.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 10:04 PM   #5793
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

somebody lit a fire under clicknow...good thing she doesn't really like it here...
Old 06-29-2020, 10:21 PM   #5794
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
somebody lit a fire under clicknow...good thing she doesn't really like it here...
Wants a opponent.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 05:25 AM   #5795
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
This is called a contradiction (link)

Sounds like DJT listened to him and repeated the esteemed doctor (cough)

The sooner everyone holds the medical community responsible for erroneous information shouted out, the better off we will all be. What is wrong with saying "we don't know right now"? It would make you look more trustworthy later on

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...9D&FORM=VDQVAP

If you want more examples of fauci contradictions, let me know. I'm taking the wife to Joe T Garcia's and the Botanical Gardens for the afternoon so i'll be out (living a life) for the next few hours. I'll be happy to post some later this evening
OAN? A crock. Even you can do better than that.

Meanwhile.....on 3/11

White House Coronavirus Expert: ‘It’s Going to Get Worse’
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...get-worse.html

In testimony to Congress Wednesday, the government’s top infectious disease expert told lawmakers that the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. is “going to get worse.”

“I can say we will see more cases and things will get worse than they are right now,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told the House Oversight Committee. “How much worse it will get will depend on our ability to do two things: to contain the influx of people who are infected coming from the outside, and the ability to contain and mitigate within our own country,”

Meanwhile just a few days before.....Happy talk

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!
10:47 AM - Mar 9, 2020

Fauci said the comparison is flawed. “I mean, people always say, well, the flu, you know, the flu does this, the flu does that. The flu has a mortality of 0.1 percent. This is ten times that. That’s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game,” he said.

As for how many Americans will be affected, Fauci told lawmakers that depending on the public-health response, the number could be astronomical. “If we are complacent and don’t do really aggressive containment and mitigation,” he said, “the number could go way up and be involved in many, many millions.”

Also on 3/10 Fauci warns....

Old 06-30-2020, 05:32 AM   #5796
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
South Korea had it and used it. They didn't make it political.

Nope. I really don't.

Because I understand what the scientific method is. And I don't conflate it with politics.

---Science evolves as more knowledge does.
---As they learn more, advisories change. (This is as it should be).
---When you Learn more, you change to adapt.
Exactly!

Last edited by hcap; 06-30-2020 at 05:34 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 08:50 AM   #5797
tucker6

Quote:
Nice try, again.

Trying to tie your opponent in a debate to someone else to infer something that doesn't exist.......INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST.

I have tried to debate you honestly, and you either name-call or use intellectually dishonest debating methods.

But just for the record: I don't mind standing with HCAP when he is right. I don't agree with him on a lot of things, nor his communication style.

Anyway, do this with someone else.

You've proven to me that you are not interested in a genuine discussion that doesn't involve name calling and, now, dirty fighting.

Which makes you an unworthy opponent on who I will not waste my time. This comprises my last interaction with you here. You can have the last word if ya want....you won't get any more from me.
LULZ

So calling people that disagree with you "deniers" isn't name calling and dirty fighting? Got it. You aren't intellectually honest either so glass houses and all that. It's okay to be biased. I don't mind. What I mind is people parading around as one thing but eventually tipping their hand to show who they really are. That's the height of intellectual dishonesty. Be proud of who you are and debate from that position. Just don't tell me you have an open mind. That's dishonest.

Last edited by tucker6; 06-30-2020 at 08:56 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 09:12 AM   #5798
RunForTheRoses

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53218704
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #5799
lamboguy

Mike Pence may turn out to be the savior and hero to this apocalypse. against his bosses wishes he is tip toeing through the tulips and getting these governors to partially shut down and ask their citizens to wear facial coverings.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #5800
Ocala Mike

Pence has to keep his options open in case the rumors about Trump resigning or not running again pan out. He's pretty good about playing "the middle."
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 11:55 AM   #5801
46zilzal
velocitician

He (Dr. Fauci) did so after the White House insisted the outbreak had been reduced to “embers” but after the principal deputy director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr Anne Schuchat, insisted: “This is really the beginning.”

Schuchat told the Journal of the American Medical Association: “What we hope is that we can take it seriously and slow the transmission. We have way too much virus across the country for that right now, so it’s very discouraging.

She added that there was “a lot of wishful thinking around the country” that the pandemic would be over by the summer.

from https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...erse-reopening
Old 06-30-2020, 11:55 AM   #5802
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Pence has to keep his options open in case the rumors about Trump resigning or not running again pan out. He's pretty good about playing "the middle."
you are probably right, but at least Pence knows something about the responsibilities of government.

riling up 6200 people to be in an enclosed building with the a/c blasting away ain't to responsible to me, with or without masks.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 12:44 PM   #5803
ElKabong

Cool

Quote:
. This comprises my last interaction with you here. You can have the last word if ya want....you won't get any more from me.
Maybe the last with Tucker....Not the last with me. You (comically) referred to me as a mask denier (LULZ). Go fetch the posts where I stated wearing masks in public was a bad idea. Back up the accusation

Still waiting...
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 02:35 PM   #5804
RunForTheRoses

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/06/...e-second-wave/
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 02:50 PM   #5805
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Absurd article. The death count lags cases. The media never stated otherwise. Is it possible the new cases won't result in a commensurate death count like March/April/May? Absolutely, especially if the current mix of cases are younger and healthier. Trump is a billionaire and president of the United States, and his supporters still manage to position him as a victim. Amazing.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply