Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-24-2020, 08:22 AM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Bubba had a lot to say before the investigation was concluded...and on The View, of all places.
https://twitter.com/TheView/status/1275459668626878466
Thanks, I saw that BEFORE I posted.
I guess I should have run it by Board cop POT, the Leftest Gun in the west first. As usual, He missed the point completely.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:26 AM   #17
wisconsin

Fake Noose
Old 06-24-2020, 08:27 AM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
A first step in outlawing fake racism is to outlaw ropes.
5 day waiting periods and of course back ground checks.

BTW, did yo see the the anarchists on the street so Atlanta last night, carrying rifles and telling cops keep out?

Wonder if he usual lefties will post about how bad this is, guns in public, threatening cops....it was all live on Hannity - he talked with them.

Not a White Supremacist in the crowd.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:34 AM   #19
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Apparently bubba is drama from the interviews I saw and heard. You can include the conclusion jumpers in this deal as well. I'm pretty much all done with drama, thank you.

Let alone fake racism. It's getting old. Check that, it's BEEN old
I wonder how many "accidental" fender benders he gets next race.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 10:50 AM   #20
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Point taken, but that was this morning...a few days after the "incident".
Again, he didn't 'discover' this rope nor did he report it. He never even saw it (except maybe now in a photograph).*

Put yourself in his position:
Outside the raceway there were loads of Confederate flags being flown and banners directed at NASCAR regarding the banning of that flag.
Then NASCAR officials inform Bubba that they found a makeshift noose hanging in his garage.
During his career as a driver on that circuit (and other smaller circuits like the Truck Series) he has experienced discrimination/harassment from fans.
WHAT WOULD YOU THINK IF YOU WERE HIM??**

Was it a bad move to go on The View and let those hounds egg him on?
Hell yes it was...but Bubba is not the guy people should be directing their anger at.
It's the NASCAR officials and the public in general who blew this thing up, not him.
*Bubba is a grown man...he doesn't come across as a wimp. He certainly should have gone to see what the so-called noose was all about...l sure would have. Bubba's been in the garages before, I'm sure; he may have even seen similar ropes. He shirked an opportunity/responsibility to possibly squash the whole debacle (considering his vast experience with racism); but instead, allowed himself/chose to be used as a tool to exacerbate racism...especially FALSE racism.

**I wouldn't "THINK," I would make it my business to KNOW!

Fifteen F.B.I. agents come running to investigate this; yet, anarchists are left to burn down and destroy businesses and private property and statutes/monuments all in the name of racism...give me break!

As someone said (to paraphrase), when racist incidents have to be made up (a la Jessie Smollett; NASCAR incident comes close), just how much racism is really out there? In my view, this country IS NOT systematically racist...I'm sick and tired of this blanket crap!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 02:29 PM   #21
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
*Bubba is a grown man...he doesn't come across as a wimp. He certainly should have gone to see what the so-called noose was all about...l sure would have. Bubba's been in the garages before, I'm sure; he may have even seen similar ropes. He shirked an opportunity/responsibility to possibly squash the whole debacle (considering his vast experience with racism); but instead, allowed himself/chose to be used as a tool to exacerbate racism...especially FALSE racism.

**I wouldn't "THINK," I would make it my business to KNOW!

Fifteen F.B.I. agents come running to investigate this; yet, anarchists are left to burn down and destroy businesses and private property and statutes/monuments all in the name of racism...give me break!

As someone said (to paraphrase), when racist incidents have to be made up (a la Jessie Smollett; NASCAR incident comes close), just how much racism is really out there? In my view, this country IS NOT systematically racist...I'm sick and tired of this blanket crap!
I disagree. I think the country is much more racist now than it was 10-15 years ago. In the areas where I work they’ve been targeting white people regularly. Robberies ,car jackings etc...
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 03:22 PM   #22
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
I disagree. I think the country is much more racist now than it was 10-15 years ago. In the areas where I work they’ve been targeting white people regularly. Robberies ,car jackings etc...
Yeah, I can agree with this.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #23
GaryG
Unreconstructed

The drivers that ran to his support and made such a show of it at Talladega look like fools now. Among them was my favorite, Kevin Harvick. I believe The King offered support as well. Just bleeping embarrassing.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:07 PM   #24
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
The drivers that ran to his support and made such a show of it at Talladega look like fools now. Among them was my favorite, Kevin Harvick. I believe The King offered support as well. Just bleeping embarrassing.
Actually it's this post that's embarrassing.

Nascar and its drivers stood strongly in support of Wallace. Just because the rope/noose was found not to be a racist threat doesn't negate the significance of their stand when the investigation was still in progress. It speaks to their character.

Just as your comments speak to yours
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 04:12 PM   #25
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post

Nascar and its drivers stood strongly in support of Wallace. Just because the rope/noose was found not to be a racist threat doesn't negate the significance of their stand when the investigation was still in progress. It speaks to their character.
i agree with this. I just wish we could slow down before make declarations of racial animous.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #26
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
And that is due to 8 years of Obama.
On top of 30+ years of democrats "taking care of" the African American community.

Trump got them records jobs in under three years, only to lose them to.....DEMOCRATS.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post

1. What character? All them too scarred to even question it?
did any other SEE it? Did and NASCAR officials SEE it? Did local law enforcement SEE it? How did it get elevated to the level of 15 FBI agents are called in to investigate a HAND HOLD???
This is embarrassing the everyone in NASCAR and local law enforcement and ALL of the press. NOT ONE SINGE alleged reporter went and looked and took a photo of it?
To use word YOU will understand:

"Oh come on!" (Joe Biden many times, when he cannot answer a question) :THIS WAS STAGED FROM THE LEAD CAR TO THE CHECKERED FLAG."

2. Original post! - who wrote it for you?
Old 06-24-2020, 04:46 PM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
i agree with this. I just wish we could slow down before make declarations of racial animous.
That would ruin all the fun....kill the 24/7 news cycle...and provide less ammunition for statue topplers....don't you get it?
Old 06-24-2020, 05:23 PM   #29
chrisl

Bubbas mother is on the circuit now. Giving interviews slamming Nascar and the drivers as being racist. She stated he is called the N word all the time. Seems like she is trying to profit off of this like Bubba. Fruit does not fall from the tree.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #30
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And of course, Al Sharpton is just on declaring this is not over yet - noose cannot be ignored.

Hey Al, you F*** racist liar - a NOOSE is not a knot.
But YOU are knot-head.

Can this guy please be locked away. He should still be in prison for the Twana shake-down.