Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-14-2018, 06:04 AM   #46
Ruffian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
If your father was one of the most successful in your field, you are, in fact, aristocracy in the sense that you are going to have a lot of powerful friends who try to protect you.
You and I know that you have no actual idea as to who Dick Dutrow Sr. ever was. You have no idea where he came from,( yeah I know, go goggle it), how he rose to prominence, who his friends were, who his adversaries were, his work ethic, how he lived his life, heck, you probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup without help. If you really think that he had powerful friends in NY that helped protect him and that he was privileged , I suggest you do some homework.

Everybody is more than entitled to their opinions. But what has me responding negatively to your posts is the inaccurate depth that you go to to portray someone that you do not know anything about. If you don't like Rick or his dad, just say it. But please don't paint a picture of a man, especially a man that has been deceased for almost 20 years, as anything but what and who he truly was. That's just not a cool thing to do.
Ruffian1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 06:56 AM   #47
Ruffian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
Uh, OK, when was the last time Dutrow Sr. even won at a 20% clip for an entire year???

LOL at “one of the best...”

Uh, OK,

He won over 3600 races in his career.

He was the worlds leading trainer in races won in 1975.

He won multiple training titles for races won.

His last year he was alive which was 1999 we won at a 33% win rate but passed away in February.

His last full year training he won at about 14%. During that year he was battling pancreatic cancer which included multiple procedures. Please excuse his lack of focus.

The year prior to that, his last year healthy, he won at at over 20%.

Although passing away 19 years ago, Dick Dutrow Sr. still ranks # 17 all time in races won.

The trainers tree of former employees of Mr. Dutrow's that went on to train for themselves has collectively won at least 9,000 races and counting.

I guess a good "LOL" IS in order.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:57 AM   #48
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian1 View Post
Uh, OK,

His last year he was alive which was 1999 we won at a 33% win rate but passed away in February.

His last full year training he won at about 14%. During that year he was battling pancreatic cancer which included multiple procedures. Please excuse his lack of focus.

Although passing away 19 years ago, Dick Dutrow Sr. still ranks # 17 all time in races won.

The trainers tree of former employees of Mr. Dutrow's that went on to train for themselves has collectively won at least 9,000 races and counting.

I know class when I see it. Nice write up.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #49
Denny
Veteran

Reminder:

This thread is about Richard Dutrow Jr.and whether his sentence should be commuted to time served, over five years now.

Not his father who's been deceased for twenty years.

Last edited by Denny; 04-14-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 11:45 AM   #50
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Uh, OK,

So Dutrow Sr. barely reached 20% for a full year once in what, the last 42 years ??

Just once did Dutrow Sr. even reach 16% successes for any full season after 1986.

Nothing about Dutrow Sr.'s career makes Dutrow Jr. an aristocrat.

Bode Baffert is far more an aristocrat based on his father than Dutrow Jr. will ever be.

And c'mon, Burt Sipp is even #35 on the all-time list, and he's a reputed animal abuser. Dutrow Sr. is no longer a moving target either.

Maybe Burt Sipp has some offspring who should step-up and accept their automatic inclusion as "aristocrats" of the breed.

Now stop kidding yourselves!
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #51
Ruffian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
So Dutrow Sr. barely reached 20% for a full year once in what, the last 42 years ??

Just once did Dutrow Sr. even reach 16% successes for any full season after 1986.

Nothing about Dutrow Sr.'s career makes Dutrow Jr. an aristocrat.

Bode Baffert is far more an aristocrat based on his father than Dutrow Jr. will ever be.

And c'mon, Burt Sipp is even #35 on the all-time list, and he's a reputed animal abuser. Dutrow Sr. is no longer a moving target either.

Maybe Burt Sipp has some offspring who should step-up and accept their automatic inclusion as "aristocrats" of the breed.

Now stop kidding yourselves!
Out of respect to this place and Denny who started the thread and requested for posters to stay on topic, I will ignore your classless and moronic response .
Old 04-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #52
dilanesp

Quote:
You and I know that you have no actual idea as to who Dick Dutrow Sr. ever was. You have no idea where he came from,( yeah I know, go goggle it), how he rose to prominence, who his friends were, who his adversaries were, his work ethic, how he lived his life, heck, you probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup without help. If you really think that he had powerful friends in NY that helped protect him and that he was privileged , I suggest you do some homework.

Everybody is more than entitled to their opinions. But what has me responding negatively to your posts is the inaccurate depth that you go to to portray someone that you do not know anything about. If you don't like Rick or his dad, just say it. But please don't paint a picture of a man, especially a man that has been deceased for almost 20 years, as anything but what and who he truly was. That's just not a cool thing to do.
We have a lot of Dick Dutrows in Hollywood, Ruffian. Self made men whose children are not. And when the children get into trouble, they have connections due to their parents' standing. The children are aristocrats even though the parents were not.

Also, I knew all about Dick Dutrow. He was a central character in Andy Beyer's early writings.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 08:39 PM   #53
Denny
Veteran

Thanks to all who contributed.

If there's nothing new or different to add, think we can put this one to rest.

Denny
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2020, 08:36 AM   #54
upthecreek

I thought this was an interesting article
https://pastthewire.com/injustice-is...deaf-and-dumb/
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2020, 10:25 AM   #55
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

When you look at the whole picture surrounding Dutrow, when you REALLY EXAMINE what he he was accused of, what the public perception of him is, and then what REALLY HAPPENED (and forget this latest story for a moment), it's a ****ing disgrace what they did to him.

With these latest allegations by Lewandowski, it's now a ****ing disaster. I wonder how much this latest story will be ignored.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-17-2020 at 10:26 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2020, 11:30 AM   #56
dilanesp

I think 10 years for 3 drug violations is a light sentence. 2 drug violations is a lifetime ban in track and field.

But, of course, track and field actually wants to stop doping.

Part of the problem with this sport is we fall for sob stories from the humans who get suspended. Meanwhile, doped horses can't have their buddies write stories about them.

Last edited by dilanesp; 02-17-2020 at 11:34 AM.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #57
clicknow

Quote:
I think 10 years for 3 drug violations is a light sentence.
Are you kidding? There wouldn't be enough trainers left in the sport then, even with the vastly shrinking race horse population.

My thought was never that Dutrow was innocent, it's more that he's been scapegoated when the same thing is happening all around. So yeah, time to end the hypocracy and time served is enough.

Maybe start giving some other trainers their 10 years, which they have certainly *earned* too.

Last edited by clicknow; 02-17-2020 at 07:01 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2020, 06:58 PM   #58
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I think 10 years for 3 drug violations is a light sentence. 2 drug violations is a lifetime ban in track and field.

But, of course, track and field actually wants to stop doping.

Part of the problem with this sport is we fall for sob stories from the humans who get suspended. Meanwhile, doped horses can't have their buddies write stories about them.
I'm with you, babe!
Old 02-17-2020, 07:36 PM   #59
Suff
Beat up 💪

new yesterday

I lurk this site.

By John Pricci -
February 16, 2020

WHISTLEBLOWER: STATE ACTOR FRAMED TRAINER RICK DUTROW
https://www.horseraceinsider.com/ken...k-state-actor/
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2020, 08:59 PM   #60
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And here I thought the following claim was blown to smithereens on another recent thread about Dutrow:

• No horse trained by Dutrow suffered a fatal breakdown at a New York track, either racing or in training, for 11 consecutive years.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true...as are a lot of other people...but whatever.

I agree he should be reinstated.
You could be right but Dr Bramlege who early on testified for Dutrow was
impressed with his handling of his horses and their condition .
He mentioned the fact that Dutrow sought veterinary advice at the start of a problem with his his horses.
As I said years the suspension was way too long .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply