Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #121
wisconsin

What an ignorant ass hat. Why doesn't he open his own restaurant since he's so smart. He can call it Noodles and Kumbaya. Dork prods like this just wear my patience thin.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #122
newtothegame

Unions at work....lol

Montgomery County police union used felons to gather signatures in ballot drive

June 07, 2012 -- 11:00 PM

Thu, 2012-06-07 23:00 Montgomery County's police union used felons, including a fugitive and a man convicted of forgery, to collect signatures for a ballot measure that would kill legislation reducing police collective bargaining rights, court documents show.

The county cites the Fraternal Order of Police's use of felons among reasons why at least 6,700 of the 34,828 signatures validated by the County Board of Elections are insufficient to put the measure, protecting police officers' ability to negotiate any management decision, on the November ballot.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/...natures-ballot
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #123
iwearpurple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
here is another progessive genius supposedly from Wisconsin, talking about revolution and how the Noodles restaurant he works at is a dictatorship.

[YT="Noodles"]DtonKfWw2JY[/YT]
unreal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DtonKfWw2JY
His parents must be very proud of him.
iwearpurple is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2012, 01:42 AM   #124
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
here is another progessive genius supposedly from Wisconsin, talking about revolution and how the Noodles restaurant he works at is a dictatorship.

[YT="Noodles"]DtonKfWw2JY[/YT]
unreal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DtonKfWw2JY
Hey Noodles Guy. Shut up. You're giving progressives a bad name.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:44 AM   #125
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
OOOH! You no longer have any respect for my opinions. OOOH! .
You work at Noodles, you wear stocking caps, and you're about 20 years old, you were interviewed on Youtube and it was put up on this thread above my post..... C'mon, you can come clean. Go on. Say it....It'll be good therapy for you to get it out there

(that's a joke, but you won't get it for days)....

As to the inaccurate nonsense you posted below (italicized), so.cal.fan's family is upper middle class / middle class as it gets. Not wealthy, but certainly not poor. Why do you polarize everything in terms of rich and poor?? Do you not allow people to give opinions on the economy and how their tax $$ are spent? Aand if they don't agree with you it's "you rich people - all you care about is making more". Get a grip

Unions DO have a place, I've told you this time and time again. The abuse of public unions, and abuse by corporations for that matter, are of great concern however.

You're simply too sensitive to any criticism of unions as a whole to be able to make any sense when you try to cover the topic. You also misjudge the populace's realization that public union's pay and benefits need to be greatly scaled back. The real world has taken a hit (not corporations fault, don't try to go there. You make no sense trying). Wwe've ALL suffered. The idiots carrying signs on the streets trying to protect their overpaid gigs and overinflated pensions have to come to the realization those days are long gone. It's in the rear view mirror now. Wwe can't afford it anymore

Just got home from Lone Star, sorry you didn't see my picks, lol

And I am sure he gives you answers that satisfy you, because if you are anything like Elkabong your idea of a strong world economy is you making more and more money and the hell with everyone else.

Last edited by ElKabong; 06-09-2012 at 01:55 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #126
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
You work at Noodles, you wear stocking caps, and you're about 20 years old, you were interviewed on Youtube and it was put up on this thread above my post..... C'mon, you can come clean. Go on. Say it....It'll be good therapy for you to get it out there

(that's a joke, but you won't get it for days)....
I have to admit that I see nothing funny here. Maybe it's me,or maybe it just ain't funny.

As to the inaccurate nonsense you posted below (italicized), so.cal.fan's family is upper middle class / middle class as it gets. Not wealthy, but certainly not poor. Why do you polarize everything in terms of rich and poor?? Do you not allow people to give opinions on the economy and how their tax $$ are spent? Aand if they don't agree with you it's "you rich people - all you care about is making more". Get a grip.
I'm willing to admit that perhaps I miscategorized (Apparently that's not a word) you and So.Cal.fan as among the wealthy. Thus, it amazes me even more that you and she so virulently take their side.
In 1980 the average CEO made 42 times what the average worker did. In 2010 that CEO made 343 times what the average worker made. That is an 700% increase. At the same time inflation adjusted median wages for the average worker increased from $44,616 to 49,445 annually. That is an 11% increase.
Yet, somehow, you believe that our current economic malaise is the fault of a union school teacher making too much money.
Instead of resenting a CEO making far more than they could possibly contribute, you reserve your disdain for someone who works ten plus hour days at the job and hours off the clock everyday. Instead of looking at someone in the public sector who is making more money than their equivalent in the private sector and saying we should all be making that money, you think we should tear everyone down to the lowest common denominator.
Please explain the rationale behind that thinking.
You accuse me of being envious of CEOs who are making 343 times (or more) what I make. You, on the other hand are envious of school teachers and public sector employees who are probably making less than you make.
Please explain the rationale behind that thinking.

Unions DO have a place, I've told you this time and time again. The abuse of public unions, and abuse by corporations for that matter, are of great concern however.
And just what is that place? Please do not tell me that private industry should have unions but public employees should not. Public employees are just as likely to have management that tries to balance the budget on their backs. Maybe more likely since politicians are scared to death of voters.

You're simply too sensitive to any criticism of unions as a whole to be able to make any sense when you try to cover the topic. You also misjudge the populace's realization that public union's pay and benefits need to be greatly scaled back. The real world has taken a hit (not corporations fault, don't try to go there. You make no sense trying). Wwe've ALL suffered. The idiots carrying signs on the streets trying to protect their overpaid gigs and overinflated pensions have to come to the realization those days are long gone. It's in the rear view mirror now. Wwe can't afford it anymore

Just got home from Lone Star, sorry you didn't see my picks, lol

And I am sure he gives you answers that satisfy you, because if you are anything like Elkabong your idea of a strong world economy is you making more and more money and the hell with everyone else.
I am sensitive to criticism of unions when that criticism is based on misinformation and a lack of knowledge. A part of the populace thinks public unions' pay and benefits need to be greatly scaled back. Most of the populace realizes that would be a disaster. If you can't see why, you are hopeless.

I will now ignore your kind warning to not blame the recession on corporations.
The chief cause of the recession was the collapse of the housing bubble. The housing bubble was caused by Wall Street financial corporations building a house of cards on overpriced real estate. These financial corporation issued mortgages to people they knew could not afford them. Then they placed bets that those mortgages would be defaulted. They deliberately structured the mortgages in such a way that the homeowners could not possibly keep up the payments by use of balloon payments and adjustable rates. They even forged and falsified documents.

All of this makes a great deal more sense than you blaming teachers' unions.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #127
so.cal.fan

mostpost writes:
"it amazes me even more that you and she so virulently take their side".

Most of the people in the country take this side, mostpost. They are fed up with being bullied by public sector unions.

I don't believe the unions caused the economic downturn either.
It was caused by decades of government spending like Keynesian Economics
this was being done all over Europe. It is not a good system, and it's proving itself to be a really unfortunate system.
It has to finally end, mostpost, I wish we had not done all these quantitative easing, because we have just kicked the can down the road.
Had we let the mismanaged companies and banks fail in 2008, we would have been in recovery by now.

I'm just an retired person who follows horse races, but I read a lot and listen to economic experts who have been 90% correct since 2008.
These experts are neither Republican or Democrats, they just put 2 and 2 together and come up with 4.

El Kabong is a business man. He is involved with a very large global company. He is not an accountant or an actuary scientist but he does follow the money very closely, worldwide. He has a very accurate opinion, and by the way, he is one of the smartest and successful handicappers I know, and I know a few. I've been going to the southern Cal. tracks for nearly 50 years.
I respect his opinion and other men I know who are expert handicappers.
I am of the belief that handicappers are some of the smartest people around.
That's why I read this board. Some interesting stuff here.

Last edited by so.cal.fan; 06-09-2012 at 01:41 PM.
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #128
ElKabong

Quote:
You accuse me of being envious of CEOs who are making 343 times (or more) what I make. You, on the other hand are envious of school teachers and public sector employees who are probably making less than you make.:

I'm not envious of these people. I'm simply taking the responsible & common sense action of voting in Pols that will ensure these public unions no longer take advantage of taxpayers. If I have to pay for someone who is 55yo and retired & dragging overinflated pension and benefit packages, you are damn right I'll act at the voting booth. I'll vote someone who will act on a promise to cut costs.

You don't like a CEO, mosty? Then don't buy the product his / her corp sells (which is what I do)....Take things into your own hands, and act upon your belief. That's what happened at the polls in Wisconsin and 2 Calif cities this past week.

As for "teachers" that you mentioned, two couples that live on my block are teachers (both husbands and wives). Every Saturday morning I join them in the backyard of one of them -a neighborhood gathering of sorts, esp in the fall. I consider them friends, we talk of this topic often, never a negative word to each other. Aand, you'd be surprised how much THEY want the system changed too.

You're the outlier here. You're trying to hang onto a world that existed in the 1960s, but the world has changed & a lot of people have had to adjust to a more competitive business climate....for a lot of reasons, not solely b/c CEO's are staying up until 3am figuring ways how to screw you

Last edited by ElKabong; 06-09-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #129
mostpost

I realize I forgot to post a source for the median income figures I posted in 126.
http://www.davemanuel.com/median-household-income.php
You should also take note that median income has gone down. $3897.00 since 1999.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #130
fast4522

Same site 5 minutes ago.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_001.jpg (79.9 KB, 42 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #131
ElKabong

Fast,

a local radio show here (570am from 8am to 1pm saturdays) is hosted by a liberal (good guy overall), had a lib economist as a guest. Your post above is what they hit on....the theme for the 2 segments of the guest, they roasted Obama of totally ignoring the biggest problems & focusing on ACA which may be struck down this month

The (lib) economist said we'll look back at the first 2 yrs of Obama's as the biggest fiscal mismanagement in the history of the white house. A chance to make meaningful cuts & balance the budget, lost. A chance to reach across the aisle for compromises, lost.

The 30-40 minutes around 11:30 were great listening...What ACA means to the economy, how it won't work. Overall bad idea.

That # in your post keeps growing. On Obama's watch. Pity.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #132
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
You accuse me of being envious of CEOs who are making 343 times (or more) what I make. You, on the other hand are envious of school teachers and public sector employees who are probably making less than you make.:
You do understand that we pay the salaries of public sectors slugs, don't you?
With CEO's, we don't pay their unless we decide to purchase their goods or services. We have choices, but not with the over-paid, under-performing union boys.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #133
wisconsin

CEO's also have 343 times the responsibility that the average Joe has.

I'm sure Mostie turned down many raises in his day.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #134
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
You do understand that we pay the salaries of public sectors slugs, don't you?
With CEO's, we don't pay their unless we decide to purchase their goods or services. We have choices, but not with the over-paid, under-performing union boys.
We pay their salaries because they work for us. You may not want to be part of that us, but you are. It is pointless to argue with you whether they are over paid.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #135
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

A damn many of work for themselves only, and you know that.
No way in Hell ANY public employee should be allowed to join a union.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: