Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 02-26-2021, 07:47 PM   #16
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Dude was just probably in a hurry and it got away from him.

That's how it sounds to me, plus he is driving what amounts to a rental car in an area he can't be very familiar with.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2021, 07:49 PM   #17
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Tiger Woods should be jailed for reckless driving and have his license revoked forever. He crossed a divider at high speed and is lucky he did NOT kill innocent drivers. He was never a victim but a threat.
Feels like he has been punished enough already, no?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2021, 08:56 PM   #18
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
He may have fallen asleep.
Why should Tiger be short of sleep...was he moonlighting at a second job somewhere?
Old 02-26-2021, 08:57 PM   #19
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Would we say the same if he was some unknown?
Old 02-26-2021, 09:00 PM   #20
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
It wouldn’t have made the news.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:43 PM   #21
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Why should Tiger be short of sleep...was he moonlighting at a second job somewhere?
I’m not privy to Tiger Woods’ personal life but there are many reasons why someone can be sleep deprived. When I was 19 I had been driving almost the entire night before working a full day. I did not feel unusually tired driving home the following day during rush hour but I fell asleep for a few seconds and woke up to blaring horns after cutting across 3 lanes of expressway traffic. By some miracle I didn’t hit anything and the jolt of adrenaline made sure I was wide awake the rest of the way home.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2021, 11:05 PM   #22
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
He didn't hurt anyone but himself. If it really bothers you, go make a citizen's arrest.

Tiger Woods never conducted himself as a sportsman when he was on top of his game. Yet the media, Corporate America and stupid fanboys never called him out on it.

And now his reckless driving almost caused death to himself and others and we should feel SORRY for him?
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2021, 11:08 PM   #23
myohmyjustify

Quote:

I don't think Tiger Woods was EVER punished for his numerous bad actions. Except maybe the time his wife almost 5-ironed him to death after she found out about his cheating on her.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:10 PM   #24
myohmyjustify

Quote:

And his golf game hasn't kept him too busy either, missing the cut more often than not.

Actually his car wound up in the same place most of his drives have been landing -- in the weeds.

Last edited by myohmyjustify; 02-26-2021 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:21 PM   #25
AndyC

Quote:
And his golf game hasn't kept him too busy either, missing the cut more often than not.

Actually his car wound up in the same place most of his drives have been landing -- in the weeds.

You're a real class act. A man goes through a life threatening accident and you feel it is a good time to start kicking dirt on him. I get it, you don't like Tiger Woods.
Old 02-27-2021, 12:14 AM   #26
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I absolutely would, unless it is shown he was drinking or using drugs. He hurt nobody but himself. I'm no Tiger fan so if anything I'd lean the other way if I were biased.

When you think about, a lot of unknowns would not only have to deal with the physical issues, it could cost them a lot more in medical expenses, possible lost wages, even jobs. So I'd be even more likely to feel this way. Maybe I've just become an old softie.

Last edited by cj; 02-27-2021 at 12:16 AM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2021, 07:29 AM   #27
davew

Quote:
Tiger Woods should be jailed for reckless driving and have his license revoked forever. He crossed a divider at high speed and is lucky he did NOT kill innocent drivers. He was never a victim but a threat.
They say they are going to check the 'black box' on the car. I am not sure what vehicle he was using but if it had drive-by-wire, it could easily have been beyond his control. He did not fall asleep, as he was running late to a golf lesson he was going to give to a couple football players. It is possible he was texting or talking on phone. There are some steeper declines (5%?) that it is easy to have your vehicle accelerate to rather fast speed if you are not paying attention.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2021, 10:17 AM   #28
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
I absolutely would, unless it is shown he was drinking or using drugs. He hurt nobody but himself. I'm no Tiger fan so if anything I'd lean the other way if I were biased.

Comp-letely agree with you.

When his life first fell apart, I was rooting for the downward swing to continue.

But then he took responsibility - unlike most celebs.

Eventually, he became an underdog.
(That's when I started rooting for him.)

Just cannot imagine working so hard to become the greatest ever in a sport - possibly by a full magnitude - and then losing it all.

Most people would quit. And especially celebs.

They'd just sink into obscurity, being remembered for who they once were. And the schadenfuede people would enjoy his fall more than ever.

He was different.
He battled back.

That deserves credit for character.

Just my opinion.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2021, 10:56 AM   #29
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
I don't think Tiger Woods was EVER punished for his numerous bad actions. Except maybe the time his wife almost 5-ironed him to death after she found out about his cheating on her.
Tiger's wife got a reported $100-110 million in their divorce settlement, plus $20k per month in child support. Plus she got the house. Sounds like punishment to me.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:33 AM   #30
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
You're a real class act. A man goes through a life threatening accident and you feel it is a good time to start kicking dirt on him. I get it, you don't like Tiger Woods.

Tiger Woods put HIMSELF (and possibly innocent people) in a life threatening position with his reckless driving and conduct. That's a far cry from being diagnosed with a life threatening disease or illness. You don't see the difference? Probably not.

More importantly, I made my attack on a very public figure with a history of questionable behavior, and you don't see the difference? Probably not.

Also, you made an personal attack on an individual, me., who isn't in the public eye.

So, it is you, Andy, that showed this community that YOU lack class.

I also get this too: you are a clueless fan boy and enabler of Tiger Woods. Be proud.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: