Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-30-2021, 12:47 PM   #31
newtothegame

An interesting video kind of explaining it all.....
Around 7:39, Jim Cramer explains the manipulation....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 01:29 PM   #32
newtothegame

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:36 PM   #33
lamboguy

lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 03:38 PM   #34
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
These reddit guys are not selling it seems. They really want to cream these shorts. A lot of misinformation on that Reddit board but I only glanced thru it.

Volume is a lot lower today and yesterday. Eventually people do realize GME is near worthless and going to crumble, these guys trading their stimulus checks will be left holding the bag.

Can GME do an offering to raise capital right now? Would be smart to offer say 1M shares at this ridiculous valuation.
Underwriters probably don't want to touch it?
Theres going to be a lot of sad people that lost a lot of money when this saga is over....and not just the hedge fund guys but the WSB forum members when they are caught holding the bag on a near worthless stock.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 04:00 PM   #35
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefan2019 View Post
Theres going to be a lot of sad people that lost a lot of money when this saga is over....and not just the hedge fund guys but the WSB forum members when they are caught holding the bag on a near worthless stock.
There is ALWAYS someone left holding the bag.......
I wouldn't bet on WSB losing the most though. Remember, they all coordinated a buy in at much cheaper levels and from what I've read with them, a lot of them have already taken their initial purchase out. If so, they have nothing to lose!
The hedge funds and "elites" that have taken the short positions are well into the red at this point. If they are "naked" their losses have no boundaries. They are the ones who are "forced" in this scenario. If they are on put options, then they have only so much time before they are forced to cover.
It seems like WSB has NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain. The only question now becomes, who blinks first??
governed.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:03 PM   #36
Vinnie

Love to see it when the Big Hedge Funders who have never developed a thing of value in their entire lives take it in the shorts. Oh well....Justice, Get used to it!!

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 04:04 PM   #37
newtothegame

And here is the great part of what these guys on WSB and reddit are doing.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...for_a_service/

Alot of them are now and have already donated to many charities.....

Personally, I LOVE IT!!! The little guys seem to have won one !!
governed.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:02 PM   #38
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefan2019 View Post
Does anyone care about the millions of innocent people who have their entire retirement savings in index funds and mutual funds, who will also pay the price of the shenanigans of the Reddit guys and the hedge fund crooks?

The common stock of companies such as the now-infamous Gamestop, AMC, Nokia, and the like are held mostly in index and mutual funds. Millions of shares actually.

On Bloomberg TV this morning the futures for Monday look like they'll be down over 600 or so points in the Dow. As all these short/long/options positions begin to get settled, and they all will eventually, a negative cascading effect will probably happen.

Investors with IRAs and 401k accounts could take a 5-10 % loss in the next 2-3 trading days and the people owning them are simple, everyday people and NOT hedge fund pros or Reddit day traders.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 05:10 PM   #39
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
There is ALWAYS someone left holding the bag.......
I wouldn't bet on WSB losing the most though. Remember, they all coordinated a buy in at much cheaper levels and from what I've read with them, a lot of them have already taken their initial purchase out. If so, they have nothing to lose!
The hedge funds and "elites" that have taken the short positions are well into the red at this point. If they are "naked" their losses have no boundaries. They are the ones who are "forced" in this scenario. If they are on put options, then they have only so much time before they are forced to cover.
It seems like WSB has NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain. The only question now becomes, who blinks first??
or sold their cheap call options and bought more stock with profit
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 05:31 PM   #40
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
or sold their cheap call options and bought more stock with profit
Thats a potential answer however, with 121% of the float short, wouldn't even make a blip I dont believe
governed.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:34 PM   #41
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Does anyone care about the millions of innocent people who have their entire retirement savings in index funds and mutual funds, who will also pay the price of the shenanigans of the Reddit guys and the hedge fund crooks?

The common stock of companies such as the now-infamous Gamestop, AMC, Nokia, and the like are held mostly in index and mutual funds. Millions of shares actually.

On Bloomberg TV this morning the futures for Monday look like they'll be down over 600 or so points in the Dow. As all these short/long/options positions begin to get settled, and they all will eventually, a negative cascading effect will probably happen.

Investors with IRAs and 401k accounts could take a 5-10 % loss in the next 2-3 trading days and the people owning them are simple, everyday people and NOT hedge fund pros or Reddit day traders.
That can be said any day of the week, month, or year or for that matter, as long as hedge funds have been around. I am not saying you directly, but I find it amazing that NOW, when you're calling the actions of the reddit guys "shenanigans"??
Hedge fund managers have been manipulating the markets for years!!! The tables got turned on them and now its a BIG deal??
governed.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:52 PM   #42
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
That can be said any day of the week, month, or year or for that matter, as long as hedge funds have been around. I am not saying you directly, but I find it amazing that NOW, when you're calling the actions of the reddit guys "shenanigans"??
Hedge fund managers have been manipulating the markets for years!!! The tables got turned on them and now its a BIG deal??

I am all for the 'Reddit guys' if I had to choose sides. I have little respect or love for the hedge fund world, I assure you.

I spent 15 years setting up 401 k plans for the largest mutual company on earth to small and mid sized companies. And the questions I received most often then were -- Is Wall Street rigged and corrupt? That was 15 years ago!

The shenanigans I speak of is nothing more than all this publicity in the media. And like it or not, the financial media we have is both negligent and clueless. Just like the political media and the sports media. All are wannabes and insiders it seems.

I have rarely posted here about financial matters. I assure you it isn't just NOW that the current coverage has gotten my attention.

If the market drops 5-10-20 % in the next few days must we all just suck it up and do and say nothing? These Wall Street bums --who own all the politicians and regulators-- just might get a bailout. With taxpayer money, right? In 2009 the taxpayer bailed out all the banks and brokerages didn't they? But not a single crook banker on Wall Street went to jail. I see the same thing happening soon.

And the innocent senior citizen has their retirement money cut in half, and little time to make it up again.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 05:59 PM   #43
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

First off, futures don't open until Sunday night @ 6pm eastern time, so I'm not sure how they can say how low or high the market is going to open on Monday.

Second, did anyone care about the millions of innocent people who got royally ****ed in 2000 & 2008?
Old 01-30-2021, 06:00 PM   #44
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Soon, the "reddit" guys will be made out to be just like the folks who came together in DC on January 6...

TERRORISTS.

MARKET TERRORISTS.

DIGITAL TERRORISTS.

Even the logo for that subreddit looks like Trump...coincidence? LOL

Wait and see...lulz

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-30-2021 at 06:02 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 06:01 PM   #45
thaskalos

Quote:
Why should anybody care about these millions of "innocent people"? The people who put their entire retirement savings in the stock market are aware of the inherent risks of such a venture...NO? There are no "sure things" out there...the pursuit of profit comes with inherent risk. Either we can stand the heat...or we better get out of the kitchen.