Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-10-2021, 01:38 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Twitter is the enemy of the American people?

(I didn't say that...the Federalist did...so don't blame me)

https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/09...erican-people/

Quote:
As a private company, Twitter is free to do as it pleases. And I am free to call them what they are: a shill for communist China that seeks the destruction of America.

Do you doubt that? Then explain why Iran can call for Jews to be killed on Twitter’s platform and China can spread propaganda about how rounding up Uyghur men and forced sterilization of Uyghur women is actually good, but Donald Trump can’t tweet. It is evil. And anyone defending Jack Dorsey’s death machine is complicit.
Hmmmm....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-10-2021 at 01:40 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 02:18 PM   #2
OntheRail

Can add Facebook right along with them.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:21 PM   #3
newtothegame

Yep, deleted FB and Twitter from my accounts yesterday..... I cannot support directly any company that does not allow for free speech. Now obviously, due to who they are, I am sure I will be forced to use them at some point (amazon). However, I will be looking for alternatives.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
MargieRose

Why did you find it necessary to post a disclaimer, PA Mike? Does it really matter, if someone here were to believe that this might be your opinion, too, just for having posted the article?

Do you agree or disagree with the premise of the article, if you don't mind saying?

I agree with every word, and I have no qualms about saying it. Why should I?
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 04:37 PM   #5
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Yep, deleted FB and Twitter from my accounts yesterday..... I cannot support directly any company that does not allow for free speech. Now obviously, due to who they are, I am sure I will be forced to use them at some point (amazon). However, I will be looking for alternatives.
My 2 cents.

This should be the norm not the exception. About 40% of Americans identify as conservative. So if just conservatives put their money where there mouth is and boycotted these tech companies that they feel are attacking this countries basic liberties, it will go along way into preventing the tactics these companies seem to feel they are entitled to use.. It may be very hard, but the alternative is .................(read every other post by PA). You take away their money, you take away a lot of their power. There is no other way.

This attack on this country from within right now is relentless. The never let a good crisis go to waste theory has been implemented constantly for the last year and I highly doubt this country will ever be the same re basic freedoms (pre 2020) even if Covid did/does go away.

Look at the election rigged sentiment. I am not claiming it was rigged or not rigged. Haven't followed it that much. I feel that if they had evidence they should have been able to prove it. But these days who knows. But the second the capital was stormed all the momentum for challenging it went out the window(not that Biden wasn't going to be declared president, but at least some of the dissenting voices could have been heard). I must have heard that election fraud was a false (or unsubstantiated) claim by the media 100 times that day. Maybe it is a false claim, but do they really know, or are they just reinforcing in the minds of Americans that it is indeed a false claim every chance they get. It is the way the media is. Not one reporter used the terminology election fraud allegations. They constantly pound their narrative and pound their narrative and pound their narrative. 24 hours a day. The result is you have a completely propagandized public. Now the spin probably (I haven't watched the news since that day but I can only imagine) is if you think the election is rigged you are part of that group that stormed the capital and you are basically treasonous. This is just the way they operate. It is almost comical.

As far as I am concerned if anyone supports any of these tech companies and msm companies that they feel are stepping out of bounds in any way you should just stfu. For example. Conservative talk show hosts have been crying about Twitter a while now, but they have kept their Twitter accounts. Because Twitter has buttered their bread. They have used Parler as an alternative because they don't get censored there but I haven't seen them remove their twitter accounts. They need to take a stronger stance. Sure it will cost them some, but if you really feel strongly about something you pay the price.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 04:40 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Well, Parler is going bye bye for a while...unless something changes....so all those who want to leave twitter...where they gonna go now?

Really easy to say "just go find an alternative"

When a monopoly exists, with the power to eliminate even the SMALLEST of competitors, there is no alternative.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-10-2021 at 04:42 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 04:59 PM   #7
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Well when you really think about it that would be the best thing for everyone to do. I never joined either, I have no smartphone. I carried one smartphone for a couple of years only because it was company issued.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 05:22 PM   #8
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Well when you really think about it that would be the best thing for everyone to do. I never joined either, I have no smartphone. I carried one smartphone for a couple of years only because it was company issued.
See that...great minds do think alike. I'm not on social media and never intend to join one. While, I do have a smart phone because I was able to pick up a used one at a good price, it's not connected to service. I use the device only with my WiFi. My cell that I use is a flip phone with prepaid minutes.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:27 PM   #9
classhandicapper

I think social media was a good idea in theory because it's a single place you can go to get news and commentary on your favorite topics by following specific people of interest. But it pretty much turned into a worthless cesspool of divisiveness where you can't escape the constant bombardment of personal politics and lunacy. I just deactivated my Twitter account because it actually became a stress in my life. The double standard makes it even worse.

The only reason I haven't deactivated my Facebook account is because it's the only means I have to stay in contact with a few hundred people I have known since I was a kid all the way through every job I ever had. I just visit once in awhile and stay out of the fray.

I wish they'd all go out of business. On a net basis, they've probably been bad for the country.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-10-2021 at 05:32 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 05:28 PM   #10
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Well, Parler is going bye bye for a while...unless something changes....so all those who want to leave twitter...where they gonna go now?

When a monopoly exists, with the power to eliminate even the SMALLEST of competitors, there is no alternative.
If 40 million or even just 5 or 10 million Americans wrote Jeff Bezos a letter/email saying that if Amazon takes Parler off their network and explained why they will cancel their prime membership and will never use Amazon again(and followed through if need be), you think that might change? I think so.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 05:29 PM   #11
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

A horse racing friend on facebook said she is joining "MeWe", due to Facebook censorship etc...

I don't know anything about MeWe as an alternative, but thought I'd throw it into the discussion.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:11 PM   #12
ultracapper

All as the MSM covers up for the fool Pelosi.

She made a statement this morning that the rioters "put their whiteness ahead of democracy". It was on the Yahoo front page for a short period, then taken down.

The double standard, for both what is said, and who says it, is glaring. Replace "white" with any other color, and Pelosi with McConnell, and see what would have come of that little fa paux.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 06:35 PM   #13
TJDave

Twitter is the enemy of the American people. So is Facebook...and Parler. Total waste of time. The digital equivalents of the supermarket tabloid and office water cooler gossip.

I no longer have employees but if I did I would ban them. Public servants have no business wasting my time and money. Get off Twitter and get back to work.

OTOH, I’m sure we would all agree that PA forums offer a valuable public service and should be protected.

Last edited by TJDave; 01-10-2021 at 06:43 PM.
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 06:57 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The 4th Reich is here......resistance is futile.

America 1776-2020
Old 01-10-2021, 07:24 PM   #15
Andy Asaro

Wife of Rand Paul

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: