Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #25321
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I'm not interested in arguing about this issue (don't have time) but am more interested in finding out what you believe. It sounds like you are saying that you believe most of the over 1 billion Muslims are somewhat extremist and wish to do harm to non Muslims? Is this correct? That it isn't just a few bad apples?
I believe that most Muslims won't kill/harm anyone, but would not mind if all non-Muslims in the world somehow became dead.
http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2015...hristians.html
Old 07-26-2016, 06:27 PM   #25322
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
It sounds like you are saying that you believe most of the over 1 billion Muslims are somewhat extremist and wish to do harm to non Muslims?
I wouldn't go that far, but my guess is that most do hate our guts. If they're true to their religion and are believers to the modern day order preached to them, why wouldn't they. Acting out due to their hatred with violence is another thing, though for all practical purposes, they've taken the first step.
Devout Muslims are more sincere to their religion than most others are to theirs. They view western civilization as hell on earth. This is why Islamic terrorist groups have the large recruitment they do. Simple minds read their propaganda on-line or elsewhere and almost instantly, they're believers.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:21 AM   #25323
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
A couple of months ago hcap told boxcar and me that we didn't know beans about Islam.
You don't. As well as knowing very little about what religion is. Judging what religion is can not be based on the it's popular manifestations by believers during a particular culture and historical period. Nor can passages of scriptures of any religion alone be used to condemn that religion.
Quote:
Would hcap explain why we keep receiving reports such as the one below on almost a daily basis?
Why aren't the "moderates" stopping them?
Or perhaps are moderate Muslims not so moderate at heart?
Study what happened over the last 2 millennia to those victims of Christian atrocities. How many ordinary Christians condemned the actions of those higher ups in the Church who killed and maimed at least as many if not many more than extreme Muslims are responsible for nowadays?
I have mentioned as a Jew the horrendous acts of Christians towards my people, and here is an inclusive look at more than what happened to the Jews alone

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

And as I have pointed out the successful rise of ant-religious secular society is more responsible for the less violent tendencies of religious groups TODAY in the western world.

Not the innate superiority of western beliefs over Islamic.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:07 AM   #25324
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
You don't. As well as knowing very little about what religion is. Judging what religion is can not be based on the it's popular manifestations by believers during a particular culture and historical period. Nor can passages of scriptures of any religion alone be used to condemn that religion. Study what happened over the last 2 millennia to those victims of Christian atrocities. How many ordinary Christians condemned the actions of those higher ups in the Church who killed and maimed at least as many if not many more than extreme Muslims are responsible for nowadays?

I have mentioned as a Jew the horrendous acts of Christians towards my people, and here is an inclusive look at more than what happened to the Jews alone
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth again. Why do you post a link that talks about Christianity after you just got done saying we can't judge a religion? Didn't you post the link so that's what everyone would do? Didn't you post the link because you're a hypocrite and don't follow your own criteria since you have judged Christianity?

Secondly, if we can't judge a religion by its teachings then what can we judge it by?

Quote:
And as I have pointed out the successful rise of ant-religious secular society is more responsible for the less violent tendencies of religious groups TODAY in the western world.

Not the innate superiority of western beliefs over Islamic.
You're living in fantasy land. The vast majority of the people in the world are religious.

And finally, Western cultures are superior to Islam since Islam is just as much a political system as it is religious.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #25325
hcap

Unlike you and Greyfox, I do not judge Christianity by the deeds and atrocities committed by Christians against Jews and other people.

THAT WAS MY POINT

Religion at it's root is about inner growth. Renowned protestants like
Martin Luther had a significant influence on antisemitism by his virulent anti-Jewish statements and writings, do not represent what Christianity is at it's root, only the withered outer shell and a misapplication of his religion.

.....On the Jews and Their Lies (German: Von den Jüden und iren Lügen; in modern spelling Von den Juden und ihren Lügen) is a 65,000-word anti-Judaic treatise written in 1543 by the German Reformation leader Martin Luther.

The ever present dangers of not understanding past the literal. Muslim terrorists do the same. And please don't tell me the various scriptures of religions are meant as they are written on the surface. Islam is just as vulnerable to fundamentalist distortion as Jude-Christian "tall tales" confusing what is "written" with actual history.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:40 AM   #25326
Greyfox

There is no inner growth in the Islam religion.
It is a totalitarian political system disguised as a religion.
Various studies of moral development have shown citizens in countries where Islam is virtually the only religion have thought systems which have centers of gravity in the lowest planes of development.
The religion itself is based on obedience, fear, and punishment.
There is no inner growth in the Islam religion.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:31 PM   #25327
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Religion at it's root is about inner growth.
Pope Francis agrees. Today he said "The world is at war,but not a religious war. All religions want peace. Others want war.Do you understand?"

BTW, more Muslims are killed by Isis than non Muslims. The Isis Muslims have their own definition of Islam to justify their killings in the name of God. But the Isis Muslim definition of Islam is NOT what is taught in the Koran as the other 99.9% of the over 1 billion Muslims could tell you.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:33 PM   #25328
Greyfox

Muhammad, who penned the Koran, was a savage killer.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:41 PM   #25329
boxcar

Quote:
Pope Francis agrees. Today he said "The world is at war,but not a religious war. All religions want peace. Others want war.Do you understand?"

BTW, more Muslims are killed by Isis than non Muslims. The Isis Muslims have their own definition of Islam to justify their killings in the name of God. But the Isis Muslim definition of Islam is NOT what is taught in the Koran as the other 99.9% of the over 1 billion Muslims could tell you.
Not true! And I proved this with several quotes out of the Koran.

By the way...do you know that genuine loves rejoices with the TRUTH!? Just sayin'...
Old 07-27-2016, 07:40 PM   #25330
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Muhammad, who penned the Koran, was a savage killer.

You need to learn quite a bit more about Islam and Mohamed before concluding 1 billion people have a savage killer as their prophet.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #25331
Greyfox

Quote:
You need to learn quite a bit more about Islam and Mohamed before concluding 1 billion people have a savage killer as their prophet.
You clearly know sweet tweet about Muhammad's behaviors.
He was a savage killer.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:54 PM   #25332
boxcar

Quote:
The Big Mo was no Jesus -- that's for sure. He wasn't even fit to have walked the same earth the Creator did.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:08 PM   #25333
Light
Veteran

Quote:
You clearly know sweet tweet about Muhammad's behaviors.
He was a savage killer.
You show complete ignorance of Mohamed's life. First of all Mohamed was persecuted much more than Jesus was for starting a new religion. When he started it, he introduced the concept of the afterlife to Arabs who did not believe in one. He told them they would be responsible for their actions in this life.

He was driven out of Mecca for his teachings and lived on the outskirts of Mecca. As he developed his religion and community, the Meccans kept persecuting him, for 13 years. His wife, Khadija and his best friend died of starvation from sanctions by the Meccans. The Meccans sent 3000 troops to his 1000 Muslims to slaughter them. It was then that he received from God a message that it was just to defend oneself. Your ignorance makes the victims who were starved to death look like the oppressors for finally defending themselves.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #25334
boxcar

Quote:
You show complete ignorance of Mohamed's life. First of all Mohamed was persecuted much more than Jesus was for starting a new religion. When he started it, he introduced the concept of the afterlife to Arabs who did not believe in one. He told them they would be responsible for their actions in this life.

He was driven out of Mecca for his teachings and lived on the outskirts of Mecca. As he developed his religion and community, the Meccans kept persecuting him, for 13 years. His wife, Khadija and his best friend died of starvation from sanctions by the Meccans. The Meccans sent 3000 troops to his 1000 Muslims to slaughter them. It was then that he received from God a message that it was just to defend oneself. Your ignorance makes the victims who were starved to death look like the oppressors for finally defending themselves.
"He received from God a message"? How? Did Love speak to him? And Love told him to take up the sword?

So, let me see if I have this right: In your eyes the Mo was justified for using violence, yet on this forum you have repeatedly condemned the use of violence even in just wars, such as WW1, WW2, etc.

Biblical Christianity says, "I will die for what I believe.". Izzlam says: "You will die for what I believe." And you're okay with this?
Old 07-28-2016, 09:14 AM   #25335
boxcar

The Straight Skinny on Islam

Per the Quaran:

- Truly, god loves those who fight

- Fight and slay the pagans wherever you find them,
and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for
them in every stratagem.

- Chop off their hands and chop off their fingertips

- When you meet the unbelievers, chop off their
heads

- Fight and slay those who don't convert wherever
you find them

- Believers, take neither Jew nor Christians for your
friends

- Those who follow Muhammad are ruthless to
unbelievers

- Those who reject Islam are "the vilest of creatures"
and thus deserve no mercy

- Fight them until Islam reigns supreme (throughout
the world)

The above taken from this very informative website:

http://www.bibleprobe.com/muhammad.htm

And one other thing Mr. Light: In Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, his disciples are counseled to do unto others as they would have it done unto them. But Islam teaches its followers to do unto others as they as they had it done unto them. So, tell me, Mr. Light -- you wannabe expert in love: Who really preached love: Jesus or Mohammed?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: