Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:39 PM   #1066
Stillriledup
Veteran

thank you Parx for making the 4th official w no change. Correct call.

Last edited by Stillriledup; 05-10-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #1067
NY BRED
GARY

DQ that should have happened and didn't

this one is blatant and I own a horse in this race

Parx race 9 on May 7th

You need to watch the head on the this race, from the start
of this race.

This was a 100k race, My Juliet Stakes, a 100k race .

The winner, #8 veers in causing a severe bumpoing incidsent
with three horses.

Three objections,including a Stewards inquiry and zero action taken.

More to follow
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #1068
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY BRED
this one is blatant and I own a horse in this race

Parx race 9 on May 7th

You need to watch the head on the this race, from the start
of this race.

This was a 100k race, My Juliet Stakes, a 100k race .

The winner, #8 veers in causing a severe bumpoing incidsent
with three horses.

Three objections,including a Stewards inquiry and zero action taken.

More to follow
If it's out of the gate is the precedent is they don't make changes.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:46 PM   #1069
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Can't see how this horse stays up at parx
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #1070
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

A pathetic all around display at Monmouth on the 8th race today. There were three separate incidents---one horse didn't leave the gate, another dumped the rider, and late stretch a horse checked out bad possibly costing second. Instead of showing replays, they fixed the camera on the tote and the always exciting "Inquiry" sign.

Watching the replay, the "head on" is more like a 45 degree angle, but even with that ridiculous view it was easy to see the 4 should have been DQed from 2nd. No replay, no explanation, no nothing. Monmouth looks like a bush league track doing stuff like this.

Last edited by cj; 05-15-2016 at 04:44 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2016, 05:59 PM   #1071
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
A pathetic all around display at Monmouth on the 8th race today. There were three separate incidents---one horse didn't leave the gate, another dumped the rider, and late stretch a horse checked out bad possibly costing second. Instead of showing replays, they fixed the camera on the tote and the always exciting "Inquiry" sign.

Watching the replay, the "head on" is more like a 45 degree angle, but even with that ridiculous view it was easy to see the 4 should have been DQed from 2nd. No replay, no explanation, no nothing. Monmouth looks like a bush league track doing stuff like this.
Obviously you didn't see the Feature yesterday. They DQed the winner you ran the entire length of the stretch straight as a string on the lead. They claim he crowded the horses behind him when he clear at the quarter poll.

Now here's the kicker. They never post an inquiry. Paco Lopez objected against the top two finishers and the DQed the winner to LAST.

So CJ you've seen a million races like I have. When's the last time you saw a horse DQed from first in a stake on an on objection with no inquiry and placed last. Because I can say prior to yesterday I'd never seen it.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2016, 06:12 PM   #1072
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Obviously you didn't see the Feature yesterday. They DQed the winner you ran the entire length of the stretch straight as a string on the lead. They claim he crowded the horses behind him when he clear at the quarter poll.

Now here's the kicker. They never post an inquiry. Paco Lopez objected against the top two finishers and the DQed the winner to LAST.

So CJ you've seen a million races like I have. When's the last time you saw a horse DQed from first in a stake on an on objection with no inquiry and placed last. Because I can say prior to yesterday I'd never seen it.

I saw the result but not the race. I did think it was odd. I'll check out the replay. Maybe it was an early message to Jorge?
Old 05-15-2016, 06:13 PM   #1073
parlay

just want to cry a bit, Belmont 9

not really complaining about the call, i guess it could have gone either way. just sick about what it cost me, .20 super
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #1074
BCOURTNEY

2016-05-15 SA R4 -

Stewards: ".. the horse veered out and cost the chance of a better placing by causing the other horses to steady.."

Then they provided a replay of the tape to support the call.

Just about the worst freaking call ever. The horse didn't make contact, no bother, just cost them a chance at a better placing?

Last edited by BCOURTNEY; 05-15-2016 at 06:51 PM.
BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2016, 07:01 PM   #1075
Stoleitbreezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOURTNEY
2016-05-15 SA R4 -

Stewards: ".. the horse veered out and cost the chance of a better placing by causing the other horses to steady.."

Just about the worst freaking call ever. The horse didn't make contact, no bother, just cost them a chance at a better placing?
I agree it was an awful call. The took the turn for home wider than he would have wanted, but he never hit or impeded the he still went outside with him. That's not interference.

Also the 1/2 chalk basically on level terms with that one thereafter, had the length of the stretch to run on by the 50/1 and couldn't get by. Bad DQ. I knew the longshot players were doomed after the 8 or so minute Inquiry.
Stoleitbreezing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2016, 07:10 PM   #1076
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I saw the result but not the race. I did think it was odd. I'll check out the replay. Maybe it was an early message to Jorge?
I'm telling you it's worth a look.

Basically stuff that Gordon in every race.

Btw... People who were there described it as a near riot.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:13 PM   #1077
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay
not really complaining about the call, i guess it could have gone either way. just sick about what it cost me, .20 super
Yeah I watched it in real time and it looked like six just won. But the head on was pretty bad.

Btw... That's at least the four time I can count Junior getting taken down on a horse on the lead drifting in the last year or two.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #1078
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Was a message to me got DQD out of the tri. Small money though but money's money. I thought of this when they took him down, the message sending.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:28 PM   #1079
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOURTNEY
2016-05-15 SA R4 -

Easiest call in racing, if the winner stays straight the 5 beats him easy. You can carry someone out but you'd better beat the horse you herd 9 paths out by more than a billionth of a millimeter.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #1080
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

What does Irad have to do to get DQed? At this point I assume a gun has to be involved. He was on the best horse today but simply fouled the 2 horse to get out of a tight spot he put himself into. (Race 8, Belmont, 5-18-2016)