Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:30 PM   #991
camourous

8th race at Tampa Bay on 2/27, what are your thoughts?
camourous is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #992
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camourous
8th race at Tampa Bay on 2/27, what are your thoughts?

I thought they got it wrong
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2016, 09:01 PM   #993
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
I thought they got it wrong

I told Joe Pesci that you thought Tampa judges got one wrong, this is what he said.
[YT=""]aiIPS_kF4J4[/YT]
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #994
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

If they take this 1 down in AQU's 7th race, Jose Ortiz should be banned for LIFE.

Not for an infraction or for careless riding BUT for finding a new way to

ORCHESTRATE/ALTER A RACE RESULT.

AND Since they left him up, he should still receive a large fine & suspension for his actions.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 03-03-2016 at 04:30 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 05:37 PM   #995
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
If they take this 1 down in AQU's 7th race, Jose Ortiz should be banned for LIFE.

Not for an infraction or for careless riding BUT for finding a new way to

ORCHESTRATE/ALTER A RACE RESULT.

AND Since they left him up, he should still receive a large fine & suspension for his actions.

that was unreal... he always shits the bed.. thought for sure he coat me $$$
Old 03-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #996
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
that was unreal... he always shits the bed.. thought for sure he coat me $$$
I am truly AMAZED and shocked that the stewards did the right thing and left the horse up. He should get 7 days at least, for that.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 06:15 PM   #997
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I am truly AMAZED and shocked that the stewards did the right thing and left the horse up. He should get 7 days at least, for that.
You guys got lucky. I would have taken him down 100 out of 100 times. I was shocked they left him up. That definitely should have been a DQ. I'm assuming they're taking the path of leaving the horse up and dealing with him in the morning.

He literally almost killed Kendrick. I've seen and you've seen when horses make that kind of contact 90% of the time the horse/jockey go down. I've seen guys put in wheelchairs and on the shelve for six months for moves like Ortiz pulled. He simply got lucky and Kendrick stayed up.

Let's be clear the horse didn't drift. He felt the horse coming to him and steered his horse right to try and intimated him and the horse went a path or two more than he want and it was as close to a spill as you can get. It was reckless riding pure and simple.

It's literally one of the worse things I've seen since Jamie Theriot put Rene Douglas in the wheelchair.

If Jose gets 30 days its still light punishment.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 06:35 PM   #998
no breathalyzer
Veteran

yea hate to waste my ''one time'' on a 2-1 shoot even tho i had a large bet on it .. next time i pick a ls on top with serious $$ on the line i know i will be on the wrong side of it

I already chalked it up as a loss.. feels like i'm free rolling this weekend after that
Old 03-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #999
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
You guys got lucky. I would have taken him down 100 out of 100 times. I was shocked they left him up. That definitely should have been a DQ. I'm assuming they're taking the path of leaving the horse up and dealing with him in the morning.

He literally almost killed Kendrick. I've seen and you've seen when horses make that kind of contact 90% of the time the horse/jockey go down. I've seen guys put in wheelchairs and on the shelve for six months for moves like Ortiz pulled. He simply got lucky and Kendrick stayed up.

Let's be clear the horse didn't drift. He felt the horse coming to him and steered his horse right to try and intimated him and the horse went a path or two more than he want and it was as close to a spill as you can get. It was reckless riding pure and simple.

It's literally one of the worse things I've seen since Jamie Theriot put Rene Douglas in the wheelchair.

If Jose gets 30 days its still light punishment.
Why punish the bettors though? If the behind the scenes fine or suspension is sufficient and not a wrist slap, why bring the bettors into it?
Old 03-03-2016, 06:49 PM   #1000
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Why punish the bettors though? If the behind the scenes fine or suspension is sufficient and not a wrist slap, why bring the bettors into it?
Because its egregious. Plan and simple. You need to do it to send a message. Protecting riders is more important than protecting bettors. Rider safety transcends everything else. Plain and simple. When some bettor gets put in a wheelchair by a DQ it will be different but until that day rider safety trumps all.

Same as the NFL did with Vontaze Burfict. They could have not flagged what he did against Pittsburgh and just gave him the three game suspension. Instead they enforced the 15 yard penalty and handed pittsburgh the game. They could have not done that and protected the fans, the bettors and the other 52 guys on Cincy but safety transcends those needs.

So to answer your question when something this egregious happens everyone as a tribe or society has to bear the weight of the punishment. That the way life works. Just like what Burfict did wasn't a tricky tack holding call what Jose Ortiz did wasn't some tricky tack brush. Both required severe punishment.

Btw.. if you cashed on the you need to thank Kendrick because if he goes down they're forced to take down the horse. The stewards were only able to do what they did because of his horsemanship.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 07:04 PM   #1001
azeri98

I had the so I thank Kendrick, I was finally on the right side of a dq after 6 straight losses.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 08:45 PM   #1002
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Because its egregious. Plan and simple. You need to do it to send a message. Protecting riders is more important than protecting bettors. Rider safety transcends everything else. Plain and simple. When some bettor gets put in a wheelchair by a DQ it will be different but until that day rider safety trumps all.

Same as the NFL did with Vontaze Burfict. They could have not flagged what he did against Pittsburgh and just gave him the three game suspension. Instead they enforced the 15 yard penalty and handed pittsburgh the game. They could have not done that and protected the fans, the bettors and the other 52 guys on Cincy but safety transcends those needs.

So to answer your question when something this egregious happens everyone as a tribe or society has to bear the weight of the punishment. That the way life works. Just like what Burfict did wasn't a tricky tack holding call what Jose Ortiz did wasn't some tricky tack brush. Both required severe punishment.

Btw.. if you cashed on the you need to thank Kendrick because if he goes down they're forced to take down the horse. The stewards were only able to do what they did because of his horsemanship.
The theory that you must harm the bettors and the integrity of the result to 'send a message' isn't something I'm on board with. You don't need to stick it to the bettors in order to punish a participant. If a relative of yours robbed a bank, would it be a 'better punishment' if you went to jail too?
Old 03-09-2016, 09:34 PM   #1003
Stillriledup
Veteran

Incredible and frivolous claim of foul in the 6th at CT. The winner from post 8 was claimed against, no doubt due to the rider, the winner wasnt even close to the guy who claimed, I don't remember seeing anything more frivolous.

I would say obviously they left it up, but this is Charlestown so ill just say they left it up without using the word obviously.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:54 AM   #1004
ultracapper

I just saw an ADW that pays on DQ'd winners in Graded Stake Races. Won't mention the name as I'm not sure of PA's advertising policy. I have no connections to this site, just to be clear. I just mention it because I thought it was kind of a unique offer.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2016, 03:57 AM   #1005
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
The theory that you must harm the bettors and the integrity of the result to 'send a message' isn't something I'm on board with. You don't need to stick it to the bettors in order to punish a participant. If a relative of yours robbed a bank, would it be a 'better punishment' if you went to jail too?
When you pay the ticket holders of a horse that committed a foul, that's like letting the family of the bank robber keep the money. I've seen it mentioned here many times how the ticket holders of the horse that crossed the finish line first are getting jilted if the horse gets brought down, but never of the ticket holders of the horse that perhaps would have won if that other horse hadn't committed the foul.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply