Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-10-2020, 05:54 PM   #241
GMB@BP

Steve Byk's show today was great. Man was Graham Motion getting upset as he went along.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 06:06 PM   #242
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i suspect we are all going to be seeing commercials on televisions asking if anyone has been damaged by the trainer's and owners of these horses and should receive compensation, just like they do with the Mesothelioma.
Unlikely. The legal doctrines are pretty clear that bettors can't sue over stuff like this.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #243
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Some rumors floating about.

Kirk Ziadie - Suspended
Ralph Ziadie - Suspended
Georgina Baxter - Suspended

and more coming?
Not sure those names would actually be a big suprise to anyone? Certainly not Ziadie?
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 06:22 PM   #244
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
What we need going forward is a complete list of the "honest" trainers...so we can tell which past performances are repeatable, and which are not.
No, what we need is for the Horseracing Integrity Act to be brought to the front burner and approved, which would put USADA in charge of drugs & create uniformity in all states for rules & regulations.

Then people like some here wouldn't feel so bitter, and it would also get bettors who have walked away from U.S. horse racing back into the game, and others like me who have drastically reduced their *investment* in races that are held in the U.S. to open their wallets again.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 06:34 PM   #245
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Its like complaining about a lake of oxygen when you climb Mt Everest.
Wish you wouldn't see it that way. See it the same way you’re explaining it “cheating now, cheating then, cheating forever”. So why not burn it is my point.

I have Suffolk real-life race fixing in my theater. Now its called “they knew”.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 06:54 PM   #246
azeri98

Most times when trainers get busted and are outed they are never the same, Drug O'neill, "King Cobra" Jaime Ness, among others never reach those same winning percentages. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop on Diodoro, McKnight, Joe Sharp. I always thought Rudy Rodriquez doped his horses in cycles. There should be a lifetime ban. The deterrent isn't big enough.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 07:01 PM   #247
Suff
Beat up 💪

Window money

I wonder if the FBI has already sent “perserve & protect betting records “ using subpoena’s“ to ADW’s.

Maybe they’ve already penetrated the wagering accounts but maybe not. I’m sure they have shit-ton of medication related evidence, but I want to see the wagers.

Its a long snake from the backside to the windows.

I imagine there’s dozens of people trying to delete their betting accounts right about now. Its a long snake, friends, family, shills.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 07:04 PM   #248
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
I wonder if the FBI has already sent “perserve & protect betting records “ using subpoena’s“ to ADW’s.

Maybe they’ve already penetrated the wagering accounts but maybe not. I’m sure they have shit-ton of medication related evidence, but I want to see the wagers.

Its a long snake from the backside to the windows.

I imagine there’s dozens of people trying to delete their betting accounts right about now. Its a long snake, friends, family, shills.
Guessing these guys were betting somewhere that gave healthy rebates. Now we know where all the late action on Bon Raison on Saturday came from.

Nothing would surprise me. Were they betting heavy? Working with computer betting teams? Fixing races among themselves? It's all on the table IMO. Greedy cheaters have no boundaries.

Last edited by cj; 03-10-2020 at 07:05 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 07:09 PM   #249
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
You know who I have little time sympathizing with? Horseplayers complaining that they were somehow wronged or duped. People who were new to the track, sure. People on this board, not so much. Everyone knew these guys were cheats, if you bet into the races that they were in then you have no room to complain that you were wronged. Racing was wronged, not experienced horse players.

I think most cheat so I dont bet much anymore. Certainly nothing close (maybe 5% of what I used to). This indictment was just confirmation of what everyone knew.
You don't sympathize with the horseplayer because you say that he wasn't duped or wronged...since he "knew all along what he was getting into". But then you say that "Racing was wronged". Which facet of "Racing" do you suppose was wronged due to not knowing what was really going on in the game? Who in the game can honestly say that he was "duped"...since the horseplayer is not afforded this luxury? Or do you mean by "Racing" this faceless entity which amounts to little more than just the game's "reputation"?

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-10-2020 at 07:19 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 07:58 PM   #250
dilanesp

I sympathize with the horseplayers.

Legally, GB is correct- the law leaves few outs for people who are cheated by betting coups. I suppose that's correct doctrinally; it would just open up too much of a can of worms to allow suits, and GB isn't wrong that horseplayers know that there's some possibility of chicanery when they play the horses and price that in to their decision to play.

But nonetheless, there's a difference between knowing that you live in a high crime neighborhood and that your house might be broken into, and consenting to a break-in. Horseplayers didn't consent to this, and the fact is that everyone who is cheating is injuring a whole bunch of people, including competitors, tracks, their own horses, but among the injured are horseplayers.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 08:00 PM   #251
RunDustyRun

2018 BC turf sprint...stormy liberal and world of trouble almost eight lengths clear of the field...dubb and rockingham ranch...year prior..stormy and richards boy go one two for miller and rockingham...disco partner for clement 3rd both years..doubt we see a Roy H comeback now..
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 08:02 PM   #252
big frank

How about punishing the owners ! Averill racing has been juicing for years with different trainers ! Midwest - same thing - Cole ---Dubb------Rockingham------ doesn't matter what trainer is listed ! These guys pay the vets to drug these horses !
big frank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 08:06 PM   #253
big frank

I could train horses for Cole -Dubb -Averill-- Bone-Barber--Paolucci--and win 25+ percent
big frank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 08:17 PM   #254
Irishfever

That aged well.
Irishfever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 08:22 PM   #255
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I sympathize with the horseplayers.

Legally, GB is correct- the law leaves few outs for people who are cheated by betting coups. I suppose that's correct doctrinally; it would just open up too much of a can of worms to allow suits, and GB isn't wrong that horseplayers know that there's some possibility of chicanery when they play the horses and price that in to their decision to play.

But nonetheless, there's a difference between knowing that you live in a high crime neighborhood and that your house might be broken into, and consenting to a break-in. Horseplayers didn't consent to this, and the fact is that everyone who is cheating is injuring a whole bunch of people, including competitors, tracks, their own horses, but among the injured are horseplayers.
GB wasn't talking about the "legal issues" pertaining to the horseplayer claiming that he was "cheated" in this sort of scandal. He said that he doesn't sympathize with the horseplayers in this case because the horseplayers have long suspected that doping was going on in the game. GB has stopped betting on the horses, and the rest of us should have stopped betting too...otherwise we have no right to feel "wronged" when a major scandal like this gets publicized. That's like me saying that I have no sympathy for the honest owners and trainers who were victimized by this sort of cheating...because they too knew what's been "going on in the game"...and they should have looked for another "more honest" occupation/hobby in which to apply their talents.

Come on...does it really cost us MONEY to have some sympathy for people who have clearly been wronged by this sort of criminal activity? Do we always have to analyze things to death first?

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-10-2020 at 08:36 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply