Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-14-2018, 06:08 PM   #1
thezeeman333

Lots of questions why people vote for the Left

I don’t post much, but I really enjoy reading all the interesting posts in this forum.

I would really like to know why do people vote for Democrats?

I really don’t understand why people vote for the Left. Is it their local representative they are voting for or for the national party? I understand they hate Trump and at times so do I. So he is not presidential, gives terrible speeches at times, and sometimes he tweets and says stupid things. Are image and what other people think more important? Doesn’t the Left like it that the economy is booming, jobs are up, the stock market has never been this high, plus many people are getting tax breaks and bonuses? Isn’t that what people want?
What are the things that the Left are offering that Trump isn’t doing? Trump doesn’t take a salary and I feel even though he loves the attention, is really trying to help everyday Americans.
Is it more important to have a distinguished President, or someone who is trying to help the country?
thezeeman333 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 06:45 PM   #2
RunForTheRoses

A) Probably most important is Liberal Hegemony in Mass Media and education

B)I think this book fairly well summed it up:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TZ3D1M...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vi...f_the_Anointed

RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 06:51 PM   #3
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
A)

B)I think this book fairly well summed it up:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TZ3D1M...ng=UTF8&btkr=1
I haven't read that one. This one explains the difference in terms of conflicting visions of human nature.

https://www.amazon.com/Conflict-Visi...K7237XBSY3KA78
Old 03-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #4
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezeeman333 View Post
I don’t post much, but I really enjoy reading all the interesting posts in this forum.

I really don’t understand why people vote for the Left. Is it their local representative they are voting for or for the national party? I understand they hate Trump and at times so do I. So he is not presidential, gives terrible speeches at times, and sometimes he tweets and says stupid things. Are image and what other people think more important? Doesn’t the Left like it that the economy is booming, jobs are up, the stock market has never been this high, plus many people are getting tax breaks and bonuses? Isn’t that what people want?
What are the things that the Left are offering that Trump isn’t doing? Trump doesn’t take a salary and I feel even though he loves the attention, is really trying to help everyday Americans.
Is it more important to have a distinguished President, or someone who is trying to help the country?
if you ask a Democrat on this forum but rephrase the question, "why do people vote for Republicans?" You will get just as much headshaking as you do with this question.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #5
NJ Stinks

Quote:

I really don’t understand why people vote for the Left.
I'm for progressive income tax rates. If you are not, you are either filthy rich or dim.

I'm against income tax cuts. Too many people don't pay their fair share. Cutting income tax rates hurts people who need help. Show me a GOP tax cut and I'll show you cuts in entitlements for people in need. It's selfish and it's stupid.

I'm for a woman's right to choose. Not allowing the right to choose is forcing somebody else's opinion into something that is none of their business.

I like voting for people who insist on healthcare for every American. I would rather join people who are not too cheap or selfish to contribute toward paying for it.

I prefer sensible gun laws. And I don't want everybody I run into packing a weapon. Sooner or later a fool is going to do something stupid with that gun they are packing. It happens just about weekly.

I like unions. A lot. The working man needs one. Sooner or later unions are guaranteed to make a comeback.

I'm for legal weed and legal sports betting.

That's enough for now. My ravioli and meatballs are ready!
Old 03-14-2018, 07:49 PM   #6
thaskalos

Quote:

The Canadians seem a lot more interested in American politics than the Americans are about the Canadian politics.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:10 PM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
I'm for progressive income tax rates. If you are not, you are either filthy rich or dim.

I'm against income tax cuts. Too many people don't pay their fair share. Cutting income tax rates hurts people who need help. Show me a GOP tax cut and I'll show you cuts in entitlements for people in need. It's selfish and it's stupid.

I'm for a woman's right to choose. Not allowing the right to choose is forcing somebody else's opinion into something that is none of their business.

I like voting for people who insist on healthcare for every American. I would rather join people who are not too cheap or selfish to contribute toward paying for it.

I prefer sensible gun laws. And I don't want everybody I run into packing a weapon. Sooner or later a fool is going to do something stupid with that gun they are packing. It happens just about weekly.

I like unions. A lot. The working man needs one. Sooner or later unions are guaranteed to make a comeback.

That's enough for now. My ravioli and meatballs are ready!
I'm adverse to mental diseases which is why I'm a conservative.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:00 PM   #8
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Bare bones and bias aside:

They believe in a progressive robust state that provides more services to its citizens while also seeking to correct systemic inequality*.

* - in their opinion
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 11:25 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Golden opportunity from 2008 - 2016

Guess nobody really cares all that much...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 11:26 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Best answer to this question:

Not everybody thinks the same way that you do.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 11:45 PM   #11
Clocker

Quote:

Same reason a lot of folks up north vote for people like Justin Trudeau.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:25 AM   #12
thezeeman333

I was born in Buffalo but moved to Canada when I was 3 years old. I am interested in all politics.
thezeeman333 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 09:43 AM   #13
MutuelClerk

I'd like to know why people vote for either party when they've both been shown to be incapable? There has to be better options out there. Smarter, better people.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 10:16 AM   #14
pandy

People who are far left, progressives, or far right, ultra-conservatives, are extremely biased and married to their ideology. They are virtually incapable of crossing over on a vote. But there are a lot of people who are center-right and center-left who aren't ideologues. For instance, it's estimated that somewhere between 7 and 9 million people who voted for Obama voted for Trump. In most elections, these swing voters are the voters who decide the outcome.

The bottom line is, people see things differently. We see proof of this, not only in politics but in everyday life. You can find disagreement on just about everything.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 10:18 AM   #15
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
...You can find disagreement on just about everything.
Oh, bullshit.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: