Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
metro

TVG today

Not a good day for Carrothers and crew.

New promo they are trying to get up and going and Matt can't get the touch screen to cooperate.

Matt going over his selections for his Pick 5 at Aqueduct, problem is he's reading off of his notes for tomorrow's card.

Post parade for Gulfstream's 4th and they are showing a graphic from the 1st race on that card complete with scratches.

Must be breaking in a new director today.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2019, 01:31 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Focusing on this new bet crap and ignoring the live racing action is bad.
Listening to Matt is worse.

GP post times - they may have to cancel any 3yo races before the day is over or re-write them for 4 yos!
Old 03-02-2019, 01:41 PM   #3
thaskalos

I left the TV on and went out for a few hours the other day...and when I returned home, the late version of TVG was on...where there are no TV hosts at all. Just some background music and the race calls. I found it thoroughly entertaining.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:49 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I left the TV on and went out for a few hours the other day...and when I returned home, the late version of TVG was on...where there are no TV hosts at all. Just some background music and the race calls. I found it thoroughly entertaining.
The way TV racing was meant to be aired!
Most of The talking heads are 100% not needed.

I don't mind Rich Perloff on slow days because he treats it like a calling show and answer emails, offers handicapping opinions for newbies, etc.

Matt - the best thing he ever did on a TVG set was leave it!
Old 03-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #5
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The way TV racing was meant to be aired!
Most of The talking heads are 100% not needed.

I don't mind Rich Perloff on slow days because he treats it like a calling show and answer emails, offers handicapping opinions for newbies, etc.

Matt - the best thing he ever did on a TVG set was leave it!
Yeah, Perloff is okay for the newbies...but even he is hard to fathom sometimes. I like watching the races on TVG when I bet from home because of the large screen, and I was watching Perloff earlier in the week on a day when Parx had canceled...and Mahoning was the only track going at that time. And Perloff is receiving and recording picks from viewers on horses who were already scratched from the beginning of the raceday. Only at racetime would Rerloff realize that a particular viewer selection was a scratch, and he would repeatedly say: "Bob (or Nick, or Tom)...that 7-horse that you picked in this race is a scratch".

Come on, there is only ONE track going...is it a tough task to note the scratches ahead of time? A little professionalism goes a long way...even when you are mainly referring to relative newbies.