Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 04:28 PM   #3871
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Since you are the one making the claim that I said I used modifiers, the onus is on you to support your claim.

Moreover, I never even remotely hinted that I keep records of all my posts. You need to get back on your meds quickly.
boxcar said:

Quote:
"THE discover"? Did I say that, liar, or is that you twisting my words around?
Methinks I said he discovered the true gospel, as does every true believer.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...postcount=3672

You do understand the phrase, as does every true believer is a modifier. A modifier you said you used. Methinks I said.

As far as knowing about you keeping posts, you let it slip in your egotistical pride. You, in your pride, told me you discussed the definition of the Kingdom of God, in post 3753, in May, 2014 to Light.

boxcar said:

Quote:
I have discussed it -- a long time ago with Light. I first mentioned it in our little debate over Lk 17:21 in my 12461 date 5/15/14 on the old Religious thread.. As usual, you're a dollar late and very many days short.
You frequently tell posters to refer to specific post numbers. You must keep a record. At the least you know what you said in these posts and then you misrepresent like you you did with your methinks statement.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 08-26-2017 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #3872
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Have I idea good. Quote me words actual Calvin saying man's soul, as in men all. Interpretation you by not enough proof good.
You have given a new definition to the term "incoherent". You truly are living proof of what someone looks like when he goes off the rails and his meds all at once and simultaneously. In a word: pathetic!
Old 08-26-2017, 04:35 PM   #3873
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Okay...so now you're saying that personal pronouns can refer back to common nouns in the same sentence, right? Is this your latest position?
All I said is quote me. At this time I am not discussing anything until you quote my exact words you claim I said.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 08-26-2017, 04:36 PM   #3874
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
You have given a new definition to the term "incoherent". You truly are living proof of what someone looks like when he goes off the rails and his meds all at once and simultaneously. In a word: pathetic!
I used your method of syntax hoping to successfully communicate with you.
George Washington
Old 08-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #3875
boxcar

Quote:
boxcar said:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...postcount=3672

You do understand the phrase, as does every true believer is a modifier. A modifier you said Methinks I said. You did not say.

As far as knowing about you keeping posts, you let it slip in your egotistical pride. You, in your pride, told me you discussed the topic of the definition of the Kingdom of God, in post 3753, in May, 2014.

boxcar said:

You frequently tell posters to refer to specific post numbers. You must keep a record . At the least you know what you said in these posts.
The phrase "as every true believer" doesn't modify anything. I only included others in with Calvin. I could have just as easily have written:

"Calvin and all other believers discovered the true Gospel." It doesn't change or modify the sense of the sentence. The verb "discovered" isn't modified either. All the phrase does is include others in with Calvin.

Tough bananas that you don't like my record-keeping protocols. I know which posts I want to keep and which I don't.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:45 PM   #3876
boxcar

Quote:
I used your method of syntax hoping to successfully communicate with you.
Color your attempt at communication as Epic Fail! Pathetic as usual.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #3877
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Neither definite or indefinite articles refer to a "group of class". "The" or "a" always refer to an (one) individual. The use of articles can qualify a noun. It changes the sense of "man" (for example) in a sentence because "man," in the unqualified sense, is often used as a collective noun.

Unqualified Use:

Job 15:14
14 "What is man, that he should be pure,
Or he who is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?

NASB

Qualified Use:

Gen 3:22-24
22 Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever" — 23 therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken. 24 So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim, and the flaming sword which turned every direction, to guard the way to the tree of life.
NASB

Babble from a psycho. Your babble is out of context. The context of the discussion is the text of Calvin's commentary.

The last sentence was a new paragraph. New paragraphs are new thoughts. I was referring to the class of persons who are partakers of the Holy Spirit.

What is your supposed great point. Is it your continuing point that you lack comprehension?
George Washington
Old 08-26-2017, 04:47 PM   #3878
boxcar

Quote:
All I said is quote me. At this time I am not discussing anything until you quote my exact words you claim I said.
(emphasis mine)

I like that promise! In fact, I love it!
Old 08-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #3879
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
I guess so. I don't know how to speak Humpty Dumpty.
George Washington
Old 08-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #3880
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
(emphasis mine)

I like that promise! In fact, I love it!
In the context of your claim, I stated that a personal pronouns cannot refer back to a common noun used in the same sentence as the personal pronoun.
George Washington
Old 08-26-2017, 04:55 PM   #3881
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Neither definite or indefinite articles refer to a "group of class". "The" or "a" always refer to an (one) individual. The use of articles can qualify a noun. It changes the sense of "man" (for example) in a sentence because "man," in the unqualified sense, is often used as a collective noun.

Unqualified Use:

Job 15:14
14 "What is man, that he should be pure,
Or he who is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?

NASB

Qualified Use:

Gen 3:22-24
22 Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever" — 23 therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken. 24 So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim, and the flaming sword which turned every direction, to guard the way to the tree of life.
NASB
More blather and irrelevant nonsense as to Calvin's commentary. The art of deflection by boxcar.
George Washington
Old 08-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #3882
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:

Quidquid recipitur est recipitur.
George Washington
Old 08-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #3883
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
The phrase "as every true believer" doesn't modify anything. I only included others in with Calvin. I could have just as easily have written:

"Calvin and all other believers discovered the true Gospel." It doesn't change or modify the sense of the sentence. The verb "discovered" isn't modified either. All the phrase does is include others in with Calvin.

Tough bananas that you don't like my record-keeping protocols. I know which posts I want to keep and which I don't.
Only in Humpty Dumpty world. Of course the qualifying phrase as every true believer changes the complete meaning of your poorly written sentence.

YES, for, what the 100th time, you could have put more thought into your sentence and wrote a better sentence. You didn't and you lied about using a qualifier saying methinks I said.

You wrote a poor sentence, trying to make an idiotic claim, and now you have to live with what you wrote about your idiotic claim.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 08-26-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:07 PM   #3884
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Boxie:

These should be an easy questions.

You believe in double predestination, correct?

God determines who is saved and who is condemned in eternity past, correct

You believe you would be saved no matter what, even if you were born in a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist practicing nation or some isolated area, is that correct?

God preordained your salvation prior to you being born, correct?
George Washington
Old 08-26-2017, 05:10 PM   #3885
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

You could breath easy for awhile, boxie. You've gone off the rails enough today.
I have to leave.
George Washington
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: