Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #16
pandy

Hi David,

I don't plan on putting it in ebook form in the near future, as least not for mass distribution. With the large full page past performance examples, they are not ideal for an ebook format. For people that don't want a hard copy, I can sell it as a pdf file.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2014, 06:48 PM   #17
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedAces
I can only read an e book. And they are very easy to read on my computer. Just counted seven handicapping e books in my Kindle Library. Is this idea at all projected for the future?

Thanks
David
If you don't mind my asking...which books are they?

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-20-2014 at 06:50 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #18
Inglewood Flamingo

Got my copy in the mail today. Aside from a few typos it's a good read.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:17 PM   #19
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What's the website where Pandy gets the better deal?
Old 10-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #20
Krudler

Tom:

Bob's site is handicappingwinners.com. You can order the book from the [Products] page.

Last edited by Krudler; 10-22-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Krudler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2014, 11:09 PM   #21
pandy

Thank you.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:07 AM   #22
Light
Veteran

Your website says (re your new book), Simple and efficient, the Consistent Number speed handicapping system for thoroughbred racing was developed specifically for using the Brisnet race summary in its Ultimate Past Performances.

Currently I also use the Brisnet race summary in the Ultimate Past Performances with very good success when I want quick plays and not too much handicapping. I also zero in on closers with an excellent show betting strategy. It has a pretty robust ROI. Do you have any ROI for using the race summary in your system or will the users land on different horses which will make tracking an ROI not possible?
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2014, 07:10 AM   #23
pandy

I always run live tests on my websites when I am testing these methods (there are two in the book, one for speed, one for closers/class). The testing has to show a profit or I won't publish the method.

I had run free live tests on my website for this method as I was designing the system and it showed a substantial flat bet profit without following the odds rule of the system (which makes the ROI higher). In the book I show some of the horses that were given out free on my website including a $49 winner. However, it's possible that users could come up with different results because one of the steps is to choose the best races to use the system. This is why I didn't publish the ROI, I can't guarantee that everyone will play the same horses. There are rules that show how to find the best races to play, where you can eliminate at least half of the field. And, of course,there are so many tracks, it will probably work better at some tracks than others. I only tested a half dozen tracks. Anyone who sells a handicapping method and says that it shows a certain ROI is probably full of bull because no method can produce the same results at every single racetrack. And, of course, when gambling, there's no guarantee that past success can be continuously duplicated. I will say that I'm very confident in the methodology. Most handicapping books give you basic handicapping advice but no real plan of attack. I think that's why so many people lose. Information overload doesn't help if you don't have a sensible and consistent approach. And anyone who tells you that you can show a profit without giving you some sort of built in odds requirement is lying.

In the book, I also show how to maximize the profit with exotic wagers. Naturally, if you are getting rebates, that makes it even better.

I also had a customer use and test the system, mainly in Chicago, before anyone else had it and he has shown a profit with it from day one.

Since you're doing well with the summary, you may be doing something similar.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #24
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Pandy, does this method require the BRIS data or is it compatible with Formulator?
Old 10-23-2014, 08:03 AM   #25
pandy

All the examples are Bris, but I do show in the book how you can adapt it to any past performances. Formulator would be the easiest because it is so comprehensive.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #26
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
I always run live tests on my websites when I am testing these methods (there are two in the book, one for speed, one for closers/class). The testing has to show a profit or I won't publish the method.

I had run free live tests on my website for this method as I was designing the system and it showed a substantial flat bet profit without following the odds rule of the system (which makes the ROI higher). In the book I show some of the horses that were given out free on my website including a $49 winner. However, it's possible that users could come up with different results because one of the steps is to choose the best races to use the system. This is why I didn't publish the ROI, I can't guarantee that everyone will play the same horses. There are rules that show how to find the best races to play, where you can eliminate at least half of the field. And, of course,there are so many tracks, it will probably work better at some tracks than others. I only tested a half dozen tracks. Anyone who sells a handicapping method and says that it shows a certain ROI is probably full of bull because no method can produce the same results at every single racetrack. And, of course, when gambling, there's no guarantee that past success can be continuously duplicated. I will say that I'm very confident in the methodology. Most handicapping books give you basic handicapping advice but no real plan of attack. I think that's why so many people lose. Information overload doesn't help if you don't have a sensible and consistent approach. And anyone who tells you that you can show a profit without giving you some sort of built in odds requirement is lying.

In the book, I also show how to maximize the profit with exotic wagers. Naturally, if you are getting rebates, that makes it even better.

I also had a customer use and test the system, mainly in Chicago, before anyone else had it and he has shown a profit with it from day one.

Since you're doing well with the summary, you may be doing something similar.
Fair enough. Last questions (2).

A) How many plays per card on average do you get with the two methods you say are in the book?

B) Do your methods exclude certain races from play such as 2yo's 3yo's, maidens, uncommon distances etc?

$30 for your book is not my problem. But I wouldn't reveal my methods for $30. That's why I'm a bit skeptical. No offense.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #27
pandy

A). Can't say with certainty because it varies by track and even by day. There could be 5 good plays on one card and one on another. But overall it's not hard to find plays. On big days, like during the Breeders Cup, it may not have any because you have to be able to eliminate horses.

B). The Consistent Number Method is for all main track races. Again, it depends on how wide open the races are, so most of the time contentious higher class races such as stakes or high end allowance races will not qualify. There is also a longshot angle in the book for turf races and all routes, but that is different.

It's worth more than $30 but as a publisher, I priced it for maximum profit. I'm a writer, publisher, handicapper, entrepreneur, and bettor all in one, so it makes sense for me to write about handicapping and sell my methods. I don't just do it for the money, however. I truly like helping people improve their enjoyment of the sport. Winning is a lot more fun than losing. I take pride in my out-of-the-box viewpoints.

I know some people think that by selling a method I'm hurting my ROI. Well, we have to remember that even though there are less racing fans now than there was twenty years ago, most bettors will not even know that my book is available. There are many bettors that don't even have internet access. There are many bettors who never buy or read anything about handicapping because either they think they know everything, or they're convinced that no matter what they do they'll lose. There are bettors who think that no book or system could help them. I'd bet that at least half of the bettors don't even know that sites like this exist.

Last edited by pandy; 10-23-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #28
mrroyboy

Let me comment. I have read most of Pandy's books and articles. The thing is he is always honest and straight forward. Not like many who try to sell you junk.
mrroyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #29
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
A). Can't say with certainty because it varies by track and even by day. There could be 5 good plays on one card and one on another. But overall it's not hard to find plays. On big days, like during the Breeders Cup, it may not have any because you have to be able to eliminate horses.

B). The Consistent Number Method is for all main track races. Again, it depends on how wide open the races are, so most of the time contentious higher class races such as stakes or high end allowance races will not qualify. There is also a longshot angle in the book for turf races and all routes, but that is different.

It's worth more than $30 but as a publisher, I priced it for maximum profit. I'm a writer, publisher, handicapper, entrepreneur, and bettor all in one, so it makes sense for me to write about handicapping and sell my methods. I don't just do it for the money, however. I truly like helping people improve their enjoyment of the sport. Winning is a lot more fun than losing. I take pride in my out-of-the-box viewpoints.

I know some people think that by selling a method I'm hurting my ROI. Well, we have to remember that even though there are less racing fans now than there was twenty years ago, most bettors will not even know that my book is available. There are many bettors that don't even have internet access. There are many bettors who never buy or read anything about handicapping because either they think they know everything, or they're convinced that no matter what they do they'll lose. There are bettors who think that no book or system could help them. I'd bet that at least half of the bettors don't even know that sites like this exist.
Yes...but with the mutual pools being what they are in harness racing...even educating a FEW of the bettors can harm you in a big way. No?
Old 10-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #30
pandy

This is a thoroughbred book.