Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-06-2023, 05:04 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You don't have to be 21 to carry a gun in your pocket...but you must be 21 in order to gamble. Makes all the sense in the world.

You can buy lotto tickets I believe in all states at 18. What kind of gambling you can do varies from 18-21 by state. Same thing with the gun laws. Some states are really odd, you have to be 21 to buy a handgun from a business with a federal gun license but an 18 year old can buy one from a private party. That seems kind of backward to me.

Virginia gun laws are for the most part pretty lax except in Democrat stronghold cities, such as Alexandria where guns cannot be taken on to city property. Virginia doesn't even have the no shooting within XXX feet of a dwelling law. I can legally shoot off my back porch. You can also shoot any animal that damages your property. That squirrel that was eating the blossoms off my pear tree is lucky I am an animal lover.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2023, 05:31 PM   #17
azeri98

Quote:
You don't have to be 21 to carry a gun in your pocket...but you must be 21 in order to gamble. Makes all the sense in the world.
Or drink alcohol
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2023, 10:43 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Is there anything in the Constitution protecting your right to gamble?
Old 04-07-2023, 01:10 AM   #19
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Ralph, while our beloved Second Amendment scored another win in court, our First Amendment rights are being throttled.

Unbelievable what came down today:

https://www.revolver.news/2023/03/gu...ars-in-prison/
Everything about that headline is wrong. The Biden DOJ didn’t convict Mackey. He was convicted by a jury of his peers. And the charge wasn’t anti Hillary memes. The charge was voter suppression. Mackey, and his coconspirators posted on Twitter and other social media that you could vote for Hillary Clinton by text. They even included a number to text her name too.

And that is what changes this from a prank to a crime. That, and the fact that this was posted multiple times across multiple platforms.

Someone on Hillary’s side posted one time suggesting Trump supporters could vote by text. But that person didn’t provide a number. She didn’t conspire with like minded folk.
Old 04-07-2023, 01:23 AM   #20
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
This is unbelievable. I’ve been watching this trial.

I think he has an “equal protection” appeal. Are they prosecuting anybody else for sharing the meme? No. So he needs to appeal on the line that he was singled out
You really don’t have any idea whether they are prosecuting any one else. Just because they haven’t so far, does not mean they won’t. You also have no clue what the Equal Protection Clause is.

It doesn’t mean if you commit a crime you can’t be convicted unless everyone else who committed a similar crime is also convicted. Of course, I’ve already explained why the Hillary supporter did not commit any crime.
Old 04-07-2023, 02:07 AM   #21
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Is there anything in the Constitution protecting your right to gamble?
If a kid has to wait until the age of 21 in order to smoke, drink and gamble...then that kid should also have to wait until the age of 21 before he/she can carry a deadly weapon. A Constitutional "right" cannot be denied... but it can be delayed.
Old 04-07-2023, 08:49 AM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
If a kid has to wait until the age of 21 in order to smoke, drink and gamble...then that kid should also have to wait until the age of 21 before he/she can carry a deadly weapon. A Constitutional "right" cannot be denied... but it can be delayed.

Smoking ages also very by state along with different types of gambling.
Alcohol drinking age is 21 in all states.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:05 AM   #23
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
You really don’t have any idea whether they are prosecuting any one else. Just because they haven’t so far, does not mean they won’t. You also have no clue what the Equal Protection Clause is.

It doesn’t mean if you commit a crime you can’t be convicted unless everyone else who committed a similar crime is also convicted. Of course, I’ve already explained why the Hillary supporter did not commit any crime.

A normal person with a hint of class would give an argument why part of an amendment written just after the civil war cannot be applied to this case.
Of course all you do is type an insult. If you do post a counter point it is usually just parroting something a Democrat said or one of your "trusted" sources. Your game is as weak as it gets.
Old 04-07-2023, 04:12 PM   #24
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post

At the Federal level you cannot single out a prosecution. It sets a precedent over time.

If they don’t charge anyone else with sending a chicken shit meme in the same vein he will have a case.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:26 PM   #25
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
You can also shoot any animal that damages your property. That squirrel that was eating the blossoms off my pear tree is lucky I am an animal lover.
I like pears more than squirrels. We had a huge Seckel pear tree in our back yard. Man that was a treat. We had to fight off the wasps but they were like eating pure sugar. If you ever get a chance to eat a Seckel pear you’ll know what I’m talking about.
Old 04-07-2023, 06:12 PM   #26
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Smoking ages also very by state along with different types of gambling.
Alcohol drinking age is 21 in all states.
Ok so if a person isn't mature enough to drink before 21, what qualifies them to own a firearm?
Old 04-07-2023, 07:13 PM   #27
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Ok so if a person isn't mature enough to drink before 21, what qualifies them to own a firearm?
Again it is none of your concern.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2023, 08:49 AM   #28
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Again it is none of your concern.
I thought you were going to ignore me. Why don't you do that?
Old 04-08-2023, 11:02 AM   #29
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post

Some people are not mature enough to own a firearm at 30. You have to pick an age. I returned a customer's phone call yesterday and he was out at the range shooting with his 8 year old daughter and 10 year old son. I was shooting a hand gun when I was 7. I have a 29 year old nephew I would not trust with a gun.

I think the increase in school shootings, non gang related mass shootings and young people's suicide rates is from a host of problems. Unfortunately the left blames the gun, so right there half the population isn't going to come up with a solution. There are a lot of things that can be looked at, over medicating children, social media, violent video games, softness toward juvenile crime,
not being able to give a kid a needed ass whipping, etc,etc.

Something has changed in the 50 year period between now and when these shootings were rare and youth suicide rates were half what they were now,
and it isn't access to firearms. My dad had a whole closet full of guns, unlocked. I never even thought of touching one without permission and I was home alone for long hours every day, and you could go shooting right over the back fence.
Old 04-08-2023, 11:09 AM   #30
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I like pears more than squirrels. We had a huge Seckel pear tree in our back yard. Man that was a treat. We had to fight off the wasps but they were like eating pure sugar. If you ever get a chance to eat a Seckel pear you’ll know what I’m talking about.

I probably should not type this, but I think the Asian pear tree is finally going to produce a bumper crop. The thing has probably been mature enough to bear fruit for a half dozen years plus, but something always happens. A late freeze after blossoming or too many wind storms blowing off the blossoms before the fruit starts forming. The record crop has been 6 pears, one year I got nothing. Last year I was prematurely shopping for canning jars and the late freeze came and wiped out the whole crop.