Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-20-2023, 12:50 PM   #76
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
who are still posting.
LMAO
Old 03-20-2023, 12:53 PM   #77
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by United Puett View Post
Wow I was unaware the US military was fully deployed at the Capitol that fateful day. Weird how I missed that.
Yes, you indeed want it all ways.

On the one hand, I'm supposed to believe Jan06 was an insurrection and a mighty threat to the US Gov't and our democracy (a bunch of yokels carrying flagpoles)...and on the other hand, a GUN would be absolutely useless against the same impotent gov't that almost supposedly fell to people armed with nothing but flagpoles.

Whatever you say, genius.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:57 PM   #78
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Imagine that the guy wearing horns, aimlessly walking around the Capitol with a bullhorn and PRAISING COPS is sitting in jail for 4 years...while the trigger happy cop who actually MURDERED Ashley Babbitt continues to walk free.

Imagine.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-20-2023 at 05:39 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2023, 03:49 PM   #79
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It can't both be true that the US Gov't "was almost overthrown" on Jan06, like the nutcases like to claim (by people carrying DEADLY FLAGPOLES)....AND...your guns are useless against an all-powerful US Gov't (Biden says you're gonna need F-16s....)

Make up your minds.

And stop gaslighting people...you're worse than Tucker Carlson.
It depends on who's narrative you listen to. I don't think the government was close to being overthrown on Jan 6, yet if the government is going to attack its own people with the military I don't care how many guns the citizens have. They will easily be overpowered. How am I gaslighting people?
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2023, 03:52 PM   #80
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Los Angeles has 3.849 million (2021). You are talking about what is called greater Los Angeles, which is a metropolitan area that includes cities up to 30 miles away. I am talking about the city of Los Angeles which anyone within our country's borders means when they say Los Angeles.
So are the gangs you are referring to on located in Los Angeles or does it include Greater Los Angeles?
Old 03-20-2023, 03:58 PM   #81
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
You missed the part about the Sixth Amendment. But, I guess in your view it's okay for people to serve no-end-in-sight time before ever having been convicted of a crime; especially,...

"... maybe not some of the ones they were accused of."

Not even "accused" of? Really????????????????

Enough, Azeri98.

What does that have to do with Biden attacking the people? All those people who were arrested have been charged but being held without bail. As far as I know that's not illegal
Old 03-20-2023, 03:59 PM   #82
azeri98

Quote:
Why would I want to act like Trudeau or Biden or Obama?

He's not breaking any rules here...let his freedom of speech carry on...
Thank you
Old 03-20-2023, 04:00 PM   #83
azeri98

Quote:
And yet that military might of a US Gov't was (supposedly, ACCORDING TO YOU) almost taken down on Jan06 by a couple thousand people wielding flagpoles.

You're hilariously stupid.
I agree with you here, It wasn't even close to being overthrown
Old 03-20-2023, 04:06 PM   #84
azeri98

Quote:
The federal courts charged people carrying flag poles as having "dangerous and deadly weapons" , that is big part of hordes of people getting long sentences. How that passed muster is mind boggling. The politicization of the legal system needs to stop. A J6 rioter using pepper spray got 80 months in prison, two people firebombing a police car at a George Floyd riot got 15 months. How anyone can't have a problem with that is baffling.
This is just my theory. Your elected officials shit their pants when people entered the capital. I think the stiffer sentences were to deter this from happening again. Its because it was an attack on them. They don't care about regular people. Same thing up here. Trudeau felt in danger and invoked martial law up here for the convoy protest. Some of the people up here were also denied bail for demonstrating
Old 03-20-2023, 04:11 PM   #85
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
This thread got really heated. I have posted this before and will do so again. Don’t own a gun, never owned a gun, never feared a gun. Would less people get killed if there were less guns, of course. But there is a trade off. While you can argue that if the govt came calling on someone who has a gun they would overpower him, they are very limited on what they can do when millions have guns. The US has been a great country most of my life. Cannot say that anymore. Now it is all about bigger and bigger government. The people in power in this country do not care about the people in this country. They care about wealth and power and big govt. is their ticket to both.

Covid was a glaring example of this but honestly just about everything they do these days has me far more concerned about authoritarianism then some clown with a gun shooting me. It is not about government wanting to attack its own people, it is about government imposing their will on a free people. Anybody with too much power is a potential danger too everybody.

I am not sure how a thread involving a French leader abusing his power to change the laws in France and thus causing protests evolved into your post but this has been a curious discussion.
I agree, The discussion took a turn, a lot of them do. The government is controlling people with their policies and laws they don't need guns but have them just in case. If you want a revolution, all those people with guns would have to join together. I don't see that type of harmony in any country right now because we are so divided.
Old 03-20-2023, 04:13 PM   #86
azeri98

Quote:
Imagine that the guy wearing horns, aimlessly walking around the Capitol with a bullhorn and PRAISING COPS is sitting in jail for 4 years...while the trigger happy copy who actually MURDERED Ashley Babbitt continues to walk free.

Imagine.
Its because the people in power saw it as on attack on them. They don't want it happening again, hence the overcharging of the people involved
Old 03-20-2023, 04:13 PM   #87
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
This is just my theory. Your elected officials shit their pants when people entered the capital. I think the stiffer sentences were to deter this from happening again. Its because it was an attack on them. They don't care about regular people. Same thing up here. Trudeau felt in danger and invoked martial law up here for the convoy protest. Some of the people up here were also denied bail for demonstrating
100% correct imo.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2023, 07:55 PM   #88
Inner Dirt

Quote:
So are the gangs you are referring to on located in Los Angeles or does it include Greater Los Angeles?

City of Los Angeles.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2023, 09:03 AM   #89
azeri98

Quote:
City of Los Angeles.
Ok so we know that gang related murders make up 13% of all murders in the U.S. Not a insignificant number but not that large either. What do you attribute the other 87% to.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:29 AM   #90
Inner Dirt

Quote:

My gang numbers are the city of Los Angeles only. There are a lot of cities in the Greater Los Angeles area that are predominately upper middle class where gang members don't set foot in. For example Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, and Laguna Beach, all considered Greater LA, I doubt anyone looking like a gang banger, could spend much time in one of those areas without getting the attention of the police.

I am sure even someone from Canada has heard of Beverly Hills. Median home listing price is $8.8 million.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: